• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Odama (GC) Famitsu scan + Miyamoto interview

neo2046

Famitsu #892
- Odama scans
- Miyamoto & Odama producer interview (in Japanese, of course)

I may upload other scans and post later

ghibli99

Holy PS1-polygon-count characters, Batman. :lol Oh well, I still want to play this... looks like one of the more unique titles out there. Thanks for the scans!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
radioheadrule83 said:
Are there any impressions of this from folks here who went to E3? How the hell does it work?

Its hard. it appears they changed a bit on the gui since e3.

Basically you use the microphone to command your units(direction, change arrangements and stuff) and the controller to bounce the odama around. You can use the odama to roll over your opponents (or in some cases your own units) or hit certain things to give your side the advantage, like clog up a dam so they can cross a river and so on. The goal is to get the bell to the other side of the map. This is a tough ass game though. Its real fun though.

sp0rsk said:

Basically you use the microphone to command your units(direction, change arrangements and stuff) and the controller to bounce the odama around. You can use the odama to roll over your opponents (or in some cases your own units) or hit certain things to give your side the advantage, like clog up a dam so they can cross a river and so on. The goal is to get the bell to the other side of the map. This is a tough ass game though. Its real fun though.

thanks! Sounds quite cool, I'll keep an eye on it

Skin

I cant believe how long the development time for this game has been. Was this created by a really small team or something?

I wanna know when the fuck Doshin the Giant is coming out in the US. They're bringing over some wacky military pinball game that requires a mike, they're bringing out Homeworld, they're bringing out Electroplankton. Where is fucking Doshin?

Shiggy

WordAssassin said:
I wanna know when the fuck Doshin the Giant is coming out in the US. They're bringing over some wacky military pinball game that requires a mike, they're bringing out Homeworld, they're bringing out Electroplankton. Where is fucking Doshin?

I think Param was closed as a part of Marigul. I really wonder where that 1080°Snowboarding developer went...

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I can't wait for this game. Ever since it was first announced, even before the first pictures.

The idea of a pinball game mixed with RTS elements sounds so damn good.

Shiggy said:
I think Param was closed as a part of Marigul. I really wonder where that 1080°Snowboarding developer went...
But, it came out in Europe. It's translated and everything. I want to know why it never came out in America. Fucking CUBIVORE came out here, and not Doshin?

:mad:

R0nn

Ohh, Homeland! I was getting really confused about the whole Homeworld comment.

Why does this game have such fugly characters? Surely they can do better than this, even with that much characters on screen. Or can't they? Oh well, at least the gameplay sounds really interesting and you wont see all the details (ie lack thereof) from the standard POV anyway.

Leatherface

sp0rsk said:

sold! This sounds great! :)

Tarazet

sp0rsk said:

Sounds like a great warm-up for the Revolution. :)

Oh, shit, yeah I meant Homeland. The Animal Crossing looking "friend RPG." Didn't IGN have an article about it a while ago, saying it was coming out here? I could have sworn...

Edit: Just did a search, and I couldn't find anything. I swear I remember reading, either here or on IGN, that it had been cancelled, and then it was like "Oh wait it wasn't cancelled after all!" and then a little while later is was like, "Oh and BTW it's coming out in America too!"

*scratches head*

Well, whatever the case may be, I still want Doshin.

Farmboy

sp0rsk said:

I agree completely. You roll around the Odama by hitting it with giant flippers (L+R) and by tilting the battleground with the analogue stick, Monkey Ball-style, all the while directing your own troops out of the way via voice commands (combined with the C-stick IIRC). I've played a few levels at the European Nintendo Summit and while it's basically a really elaborate pinball game, it gets more tactical as it progresses: planning your troop movements becomes more prominent.

It is a truly unique game (from Yoot "Seaman" Saito, btw) and a hell of a lot of fun. I sincerely hope it finds its audience.

Top Bottom