• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off Duty Police Officer Hits 4 Year Old Girl w/ Motorcycle, Shoots and Kills Father..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong. The supposition is he "laid it down" beforehand, to avoid the accident. The bike didn't go down due to collision with the 4 year old girl, or else she'd be dead.

You have zero idea what happened. What's being reported is he made an attempt to save the girl by ditching the bike. And now you're claiming he's drunk. Bravo.

Ammish

Banned
Has a British Police Officer ever died in the line of duty by being beaten to death?

Oh of course. It happens and there is a higher risk of chance because Police Officer don't have guns. But I'm more of a fan of the taser method and pepper spray. Since the UK Police Officer don't have that either.

Seriously, it's just as effective to use tasers and pepper spray. Pepper Spray more so. Honestly, do you know how much it would incapacitate them? And chances are the police officer would have one.

KHarvey16

Oh of course. It happens and there is a higher risk of chance because Police Officer don't have guns. But I'm more of a fan of the taser method and pepper spray. Since the UK Police Officer don't have that either.

Seriously, it's just as effective to use tasers and pepper spray. Pepper Spray more so. Honestly, do you know how much it would incapacitate them? And chances are the police officer would have one.

Tasers are bad when the person you are tazing is touching you. The same basically applies to pepper spray in such close quarters. You will be tazing or pepper spraying yourself.

Slavik81

Depending what he saw yes. And by that I mean he saw and reacted on instinct all pissed off.. It's understandable.

Did he think the guy lost control of the bike? He probably did and then attacked him after he saw his little girl all messed up.. That's what happened here I guess..
It's still not acceptable even then. You cannot assault or murder someone in revenge for an automobile accident. Period.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Proof of what? You can't just shoot someone because you're in a fist fight, off duty cop or not.

Ha im being viciously attacked unnecessarily?
My .45 is coming out, especially since im already somewhat injured after bailing from the bike in an attempt to save a little girl.

GhaleonEB

what is the end result? you guys seem to be very fine with the father being killed. i don't want to start unnecessary heated discussion here, but it's feeling kind of hippocratic.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. I'm saddened by the situation. A little girl was injured, a man was beaten up, and a father was shot and killed. Horrible stuff all around.

Setting aside how the girl got into the street, the last two events were both entirely avoidable and entirely linked. The cop was attacked and acted in self defense. The outcome is unfortunate, but I think the cop's actions are understandable. (I do NOT understand the behavior of the deceased father; my concern should my daughter have been injured would have been for my daughter.)

zethren

Banned
That's a poor excuse, I'm sure some people find their life in danger walking down the street at night, that doesn't make it alright to shoot someone crossing by you on the sidewalk. Regardless of all that he could have fired a warning shot instead of instantly shooting his attacker.

The girl's dad wasn't just walking by him on the sidewalk, he was actively assaulting him and getting others to do the same. People can and do get killed by beatings like that. I'm honestly not surprised that he shot him.

And you have?

Once again. Articles > Nothing. Article supports cops story.

I am going on the EXACT same info as everyone else in this thread. Don't act all smart ass superior that you can make assumptions based on nothing at all.
What position have I asserted that would require evidence?

roddur

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. I'm saddened by the situation. A little girl was injured, a man was beaten up, and a father was shot and killed. Horrible stuff all around.

Setting aside how the girl got into the street, the last two events were both entirely avoidable and entirely linked. The cop was attacked and acted in self defense. The outcome is unfortunate, but I think the cop's actions are understandable. (I do NOT understand the behavior of the deceased father; my concern should my daughter have been injured would have been for my daughter.)

my last post

my heart goes for the daughter who lost her father. may be the father was total nutjob, and as per the report he was not at his best. but we all know in a situation like that anyone can loose his/her mind. and probably the officer was in the same situation too, and that's why he shot and killed the man.

but in this thread a lot of gaffer defending the officer killing the man and very few feeling sorry for the dead man.

I know it's been tagged as irrelevant already but man does it burn me up that the initial article claimed he ditched the bike intentionally to save the kid. A police officer should know better than to do that.

Motorcycles are dangerous enough as it is, quit supporting myths about how to operate them safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom