• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-screen images of Splinter Cell 6 leaked by audio company

def sim

Returning to the Chaos Theory style of stealth would be great. Making multi back into proper spies vs mercs as well would be even better.

I think Conviction is actually a pretty fun game, but I'd rather that not be the direction the SC series is going. At least let Team Shanghai make the action SC games while Montreal does the mainline stealth version.

theBishop

Banned
I bought Conviction PC for $1 from Ubisoft's download store.

Didn't hate the gameplay overhaul as much as expected. But the whole production/story was terrible. Lack of PS3 support was disappointing. But most of all lack of Spies vs Mercs was a catastrophe.

What's it going to take Ubi?

theBishop said:
I bought Conviction PC for $1 from Ubisoft's download store.

Didn't hate the gameplay overhaul as much as expected. But the whole production/story was terrible. Lack of PS3 support was disappointing. But most of all lack of Spies vs Mercs was a catastrophe.

What's it going to take Ubi?
1 million Facebook likes, probably

Raiden

Banned
I would kill for a Splinter Cell 1/Chaos Theory type of game again. I absolutely hated the latest installments.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Angry Fork said:
I hope you won't be able to do this in SC6.
Fuck Conviction. Slow methodical Stealth > Jason Bourne BS. At least have the decency to change the name if you're going to change everything else.

oubih2.gif

I played all of the SCs through Double Agent but what the flying crap is that? Is that what Splinter Cell is now?

Sam should've died a dozen times over just in that one gif. Tom Clancy's stuff is supposed to be realistic!

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
I liked the chase scene in Conviction. Reminded me of Point Break. More of that please.

Get rid of the black and white crap.
GET RID OF UNSKIPPABLE CONVERSATIONS
Sam Fisher ain't Jason Bourne.
Bring back real stealth.
Bring back big levels + multiple/optional goals and different ways to complete objectives.

FStop7

Banned
claviertekky said:
Conviction sucked. I expected to play Taken the game, but all I got was exploiting save states due to the frustrating gameplay and level design.

Conviction was kind of like Taken, except your character was the one who was beating up young women.

Conviction was the first game that managed to actually offend me. Between casually beating up a woman and then viciously beating a black man in the shadow of the Lincoln Memorial, it was kind of shockingly tasteless.

KevinCow

Banned
I finally played Conviction a bit ago. It... wasn't terrible, but I don't understand why they changed so much stuff.

I hope the next Splinter Cell basically takes Chaos Theory and adds the handful of good ideas from Conviction. Climbing stuff by pointing at it and pressing A was good, as opposed to jumping and hoping that Sam grabs on like in the older games. The cover system worked well, and even added to the stealth aspect. And keep the mark & execute, for people who want to play that way.

But give me back nonlethal ways to take out enemies. I should be able to play through the game without killing anyone, or even ghost through the game without even interacting with any enemies, except the ones who are necessary for the plot. And bring back the big, relatively open levels that let you accomplish your objectives in whatever order is convenient, as opposed to the completely linear Conviction levels.

I prefer the Chaos Theory style of play, but there's no reason both it and Conviction's play style couldn't both be viable options in the same game.

Oh oh, and don't make the enemies wander around saying, "FUCK SHIT FUCKING FUCKITY SHITCOCK FISHER!!!!!" That just felt like a child trying to sound like an adult.

FStop7 said:
Conviction was kind of like Taken, except your character was the one who was beating up young women.

Conviction was the first game that managed to actually offend me. Between casually beating up a woman and then viciously beating a black man in the shadow of the Lincoln Memorial, it was kind of shockingly tasteless.

To be fair... she does ask you to hit her. I mean, I think there's some sorta kinky thing going on between them.

While I totally agree with Conviction not being "real Splinter Cell" I also confess: I beat Conviction, and these days I have a feeling my hyper-A.D.D. ass wouldn't get through 1/10 of a totally traditional Splinter Cell game.

Doesn't stop me from wanting a new Chaos Theory. Just sayin...

Mega-fan of the previous Splinter Cell games but Conviction is a breath of fresh air. Sure it had its problems but they can build on its foundations just like they did with AC1.

MMaRsu

Banned
SketchTheArtist said:
Mega-fan of the previous Splinter Cell games but Conviction is a breath of fresh air. Sure it had its problems but they can build on its foundations just like they did with AC1.

Ugh.

They don't need to build upon Conviction, they need to build upon Chaos Theory ( the absolute best game in the series ) and add layers of new gameplay OPTIONS ( not forced bullshit ) to it.

Conviction was the worst direction to take a series about being a ghost in.

legacyzero

Banned
leroidys said:
SPIES VS MERCS
SPIES VS MERCS
SPIES VS MERCS
SPIES VS MERCS

plz

EDIT:

You mean the best multiplayer mode ever conceived? I may have heard of it.

I have ZERO interest in this game unless they bring Spy vs Merc back. FUCKING ZERO. And, you're damn right Its the best.

Do what you want to the Single Player portion, but dont dumb down my favorite multiplayer game. Seriously, I think I logged more hours in Double Agent than any Call of Duty Multiplayer combined.

Conviction was pretty awesome, so I hope they bring over some aspect of it. I mostly liked the consistent setting. I'm so sick Of globe trotting.

ArjanN

wienke said:
I played all of the SCs through Double Agent but what the flying crap is that? Is that what Splinter Cell is now?

Sam should've died a dozen times over just in that one gif. Tom Clancy's stuff is supposed to be realistic!

To be fair you could run up and stab your way through half of Chaos Theory as well.

I know this is a bit old, but there is a huge difference between how things were supposed to be and how they are now, this art looks different from what we got:

splinter_cell_6.jpg

compared to these:

68-Ubisoft%2BSplinter%2BCell%2BBlack%2BList%2BCampaign%2Bart.jpg
splinter-cell-blacklist-ps3-box-art.jpg

splinter-cell-blacklist-540x302.png

Personally speaking I believe the leaked art was way more better, and got more stealth going on that resembles CT arts.

By any chance anyone have this leaked image like in it's original quality and shape ?!

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
A next gen Chaos Theory would be a dream come true. Otherwise they can fuck off, SC is dead.

Edit: what's with the necro?

:|

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Am i the only one that hopes they scrap the entire engine after this game and go back to the old days :(
No, many of us yearn for the days of yore when formerly innovative franchises like this one kept refining their genre-pillar, standard-setting gameplay instead of becoming bloated, homogenized, watered-down, AAA summer movies trying to get COD sales.

Top Bottom