• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-screen Super Mario 3D World Footage with Audio

Volotaire

YES NWR always delivers. Thanks!

Hopefully the orchestration is there in the later stages of development.

EDIT: AM I the only one who thinks the main tune is actually pretty damn catchy?

PK Gaming

Niiiice

I think off-screen is an undervalued feature, being able to play the game while watching TV / watching another game system seems useful.

Liking the music, but I better hear some orchestration down the line. I need more god-tier Galaxy-style soundtracks.
It looks like Nintendo may finally be releasing a new Mario game with almost all original tunes.

The Underground 1-2 mix in the first level is lifted straight from 3D Land.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
The music is like 20 steps backwards from the godlike pieces from the SMG titles.

ALM5252

Only thing I dislike is that the camera is too much like 3D Land, which was made the way it was so to encourage the 3D. This one seems kinda hard with the camera angles without 3D.

But it might just be me.

Coolwhip

Banned
The game looks fun, but I still would have preferred Mario 64 2. This game will be enjoyable to play but not memorable at all.

I still have rescueing a penguin and the bowser levels from Mario 64 burned into my memory. I want more of that!

soulx

Banned
The music is like 20 steps backwards from the godlike pieces from the SMG titles.
Everything about this game is 20 steps backwards from Galaxy. I'm sure it'll still be good but it's not the excellence we've come to expect from 3D Mario.

Kangi

The more I see of this, the less disappointed I am that it's a sequel to my least favorite 3D Mario. I still want a Sunshine sequel, though.

Oh, and good to hear that "3D Mario has better music than 2D Mario" still lives on in this.

Roo

I seriously need to re-organize my Holiday purchases... it's insane
Donkey Kong, 3D World, Wind Waker, Assassin's Creed,Batman Origins, Watch_Dogs
oh shiiitttt :(

This game looks amazing btw... I love everything about it.

nekomix

After the backlash, the game really looks nice, I can smell Galaxy in it. Not what I was looking for from 3D Mario but looks very interesting. Hopefully they'll put some orchestrated tracks in it and I might bite in 2013.

If they get rid of the isometric camera angle and add orchestrated music I would be extremely hyped for this, but those two things seem to be "holding back" the atmosphere in this game to the point where it still feels like the handheld version in my opinion.

giapel

Didnt pay much attention to this title as I was hearing things like 3DS up-port, creatively bankrupt, poor graphics, etc...
What the hell, this looks amazing. Really fun looking stuff :)

Wow, I haven't seen any lengthy gameplay videos of the game, but there was NOTHING bad about what I just saw. I like how it's pretty much all new, original music, and it isn't too shabby.

(For some reason, I really like the music after you beat the boss in 3D Land. I'm glad they kept that from 3D World.)

DaBoss

I really liked the music of the 3rd level, it's my favourite out of the 5.

If they get rid of the isometric camera angle and add orchestrated music I would be extremely hyped for this, but those two things seem to be "holding back" the atmosphere in this game to the point where it still feels like the handheld version in my opinion.

You can change the camera view in single-player and there could be orchestrated music in the game.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
THIS is what I want from video games websites. Why do IGN, Giant Bomb, Polygon not release content like this?

Their scope is too big. They can't cater to a niche that wants to hear the music in upcoming Nintendo games when there is just so much else they need to do. That's why smaller sites are always good to have around. They can have more personality and more of a focus on the things that their specific readership/viewership wants to see.

Nintendo is awesome and understands that smaller sites are the ones who can have this type of focus on their games. They are the only publisher who really embraces the smaller outlets.

Celine

Didnt pay much attention to this title as I was hearing things like 3DS up-port, creatively bankrupt, poor graphics, etc...
What the hell, this looks amazing. Really fun looking stuff :)
GAF reaction sometime is really bizarre (even barring in mind the delusion by the ones that would prefer a new Mario Galaxy or Super Mario 64 type of game).

GamerJM

Banned
I watched a lot of direct gameplay of other people playing this game at the Nintendo Experience yesterday since I was there all day (I played it myself as well), the OST is indeed fantastic. I still think my main issue with the game is justified though, which is that it just looks like a step back from the Galaxy games in terms of scope, scale, and design.

You can change the camera view in single-player and there could be orchestrated music in the game.

The only way to momentarily change it seems to be by tilting the gamepad like a view finder, and that isn't really what I'm talking about. (Even then it just snaps back into place after you stop tilting)

Does not look that great honestly. The Galaxy games are the only ones I have really loved since Sunshine. Like New Super Mario Brothers U, I will give it a try though.

Uh whats up with those big lipped goombas? They're kinda....um distracting?

You might be talking about SMW goombas? They are supposed to be chestnuts, not big lipped :D

KuribonBubble.jpg

DaBoss

The only way to momentarily change it seems to be by tilting the gamepad like a view finder, and that isn't really what I'm talking about. (Even then it just snaps back into place after you stop tilting)

Right stick. You can use the right-stick and it stays in place.

Roo

Wow, I haven't seen any lengthy gameplay videos of the game, but there was NOTHING bad about what I just saw. I like how it's pretty much all new, original music, and it isn't too shabby.

(For some reason, I really like the music after you beat the boss in 3D Land. I'm glad they kept that from 3D World.)

The first levels have new music but that orange Dragon level is reusing this

Dr.Hadji

Everything about this game is 20 steps backwards from Galaxy. I'm sure it'll still be good but it's not the excellence we've come to expect from 3D Mario.

Controls in the 3d Land/World are easily the best 3d Mario controls. That's like half the battle right there.

I might be the only person here who prefers the MIDI/synth tracks. :( I wouldn't be mad or anything if they orchestrated it, though.

I can't get over the fact this game looks like HD 3DL. That turns me off so much.

The game's world has a clean, angular, blocky design instead of a more natural, landscape-y design on purpose, pretty much like the 2D Mario games vs Rayman Origins. I don't think there is much they could have done about it.

They did clearly upgrade the graphics, though. It looks loads better than the 3DS game.

I can smell Galaxy in it.

I know what you mean. It is sort of like a mix of Mario 2, Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros., AND Mario 3D Land. It really seems to be the culmination of past Mario titles, and it gives me a weird (awesome) feeling.

Top Bottom