• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa

Banned
You're not pointing out any inconsistency in behavior. It's always been about believing the alleged victim and giving their claims the benefit of the doubt over any accused aggressor.

With the caveat that the alleged victim must be in one of their protected classes.

Papa

Banned
Well, maybe if a white male was accusing another white male, that would be good enough.

UdhVoEcekBgi1xiBFGmxr85A8LQvUY8EKID_8HwqoMAoWgF0IHqa3E1ZZhSdD-1fq7WtJ7k51dMLf-3XzUz4adFGWsAOrXF6=w443-h332-nc

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
"res en detre"

LMAO

He means "raison d'être." If he didn't know what the French words were, why was he even trying to use them in the first place? It's like when people say "sans" incorrectly.
Because he’s a dumb shit. Just look where he wrote “in” instead of “it” just 8 words in. Makes me feel jolly good when some internet nobody tries to act intellectual and ends up showing their true dumb fuck colours.

Papa

Banned
"res en detre"

LMAO

He means "raison d'être." If he didn't know what the French words were, why was he even trying to use them in the first place? It's like when people say "sans" incorrectly.

Sounds like cultural appropriation

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I watched the trailer and thought the game looked amazing. This dude is watching the trailer to bitch about the type of pants the female character is wearing. Sometimes I wonder if these people even like games. I believe this fellow has admitted to being a broke basement dwelling loser before, so maybe that explains the anger issues.
Planetsmasher seriously sounds like he desperately needs to get laid. Nothing but constant bitching and moaning from that guy. It's like he wakes up every morning and due to his sexual frustration asks himself "what can I get upset about today?"

Last edited:
S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Planets masher seriously sounds like he desperately needs to get laid. Nothing but constant bitching and moaning from that guy. It's like he wakes up every morning and due to his sexual frustration asks himself "what can I get upset about today?"

You mean "what else can i get upset about today?"

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Because he’s a dumb shit. Just look where he wrote “in” instead of “it” just 8 words in. Makes me feel jolly good when some internet nobody tries to act intellectual and ends up showing their true dumb fuck colours.

I think the use of 'in' would be fine, except he's fucked up his delivery by using 'like' and the ellipsis.

Why the fuck people need to type 'like' as though they need to pause, or for effect, is beyond me.

It's, like, really dumb, you know. Like, why?

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I think the use of 'in' would be fine, except he's fucked up his delivery by using 'like' and the ellipsis.

Why the fuck people need to type 'like' as though they need to pause, or for effect, is beyond me.

It's, like, really dumb, you know. Like, why?
Ah, I see. I read it wrong (it’s hard to read stupid). I guess I’m the dumb fuck, lol.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Even worse now the suspects are 2 black men. The thread is pretty funny actually and I feel bad for the poster Vognut who they were dogpiling, I hope he gets some sense and comes here to post.
At this point dogpiling is a valid tactic as long as you are on the right side of history.

Why do you think Enzom, Excel and The Kree among others use this ploy so often? To speak with the words of Jensen Huang of Nvidia:

''It just works.''

Their staff better go and unban anyone they banned because of their stupid mod policies.
They obviously will never do that (Or really SweetNicole/PattyCakes will never do that). There is an established narrative and it has to be maintained by all costs.

Funny enough the Smolett story about broken ribs was debunked incredibly early, yet ERA decided to maintain the BS anyway. That to me says a lot about their intent to polarize discussion into something it is not.

I remember reading this from him:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ju...-u-s-supreme-court.51922/page-53#post-9803524

Such a scary forum with depression and baseless fearmongering. Just because the guy retired doesn’t mean the world has ended. 99% of politics mean jack shit to all of you and don’t affect you one bit.
But to them it does, remember? If your (Mostly US-based) life is focussed on troubles with healthcare, the IRS and getting your shit together, then ofcourse you are going to blame everything under the sun that has nothing to do with your personal situation.

Its just an endless well of frustration applied to every development in the world, plain and simple. Its far easier blaming the world than acknowledging your personal situation.

If you really want to help, go to women’s march for us. Trolling on a message board and bashing Japanese game designs is wasting everyone’s time.

Hope you are doing better with this time off from that toxic forum.
You can't expect people who lack even the basic realization of differing cultures to do something that actually has real life merit.

And its not like he will do something useful with his time off.
Like someone suffering from Stockholm Syndrome, the guy will simply return and be ange
reeeee3.png
reeeee3.png
reeeee3.png
about all the flaws of the world. And ofcourse, most of them related to gamergate/minority/Social Justice stuff.

This guy called them out:
I expect a ban. If that does not get a ban, then Enzom has to come into play and change the narrative to a racial one.

How do the little helpers respond:
I love the second one telling that user that he is garbage and should never post here again. Yes, god forbid you have alternative views. A post like that would be warnable in every other thread but since such a user is speaking in favor of the narrative, he won't get actioned.

The third one is good too: ''If people cannot understand why baseless internet detective work that requires disbelieving a potential victim is harmful in a thread about a minority involved in some sort of hate crime.. then I'm not really sure what else to say.''

Gee, reminds me of the time ERA did their own detective works and got developers axed from their job for no good reason, at one point a mod (Hecht) even being involved in a similar case. But naah, that's okay, because it follows the narrative. Speaking against a case like Smolett and questioning the narrative with factual opinion, that is wrong.

Post 4: ''All of ya'll that want to blame victims and doubt stories can just go to the old place, you know. They'll welcome you with open arms. You can even talk shit about Era in the OT they have just to talk shit about Era.''

Hey look, another baseless guy making baseless claims! Yeah, we doubt stories until they are proven. You should try that out, aka Things-a-sane-person-would-do. But nah, in his mind its far more apt to crucify people on the cross and judge people's entire persona based on a singular statement or action, whether that happened or not.

An admin just put out a statement.

:messenger_grinning_squinting:
Its interesting how they care about facts now when more often than not they just love to call out people without any research.

Its only allowed to fit into the narrative as long as it suits them. So its okay to call people out without waiting for facts when it runs in their advantage. When their call out is completely and utterly wrong, then Staff Communication like this occurs.

"res en detre"

LMAO

Definitely an odd post by him since The Albatross is one of the more level-headed posters out there making some apt points. Though i dunno if the ERA flu caught him too.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
It's 2018 all over again. Reset nutters continue to provide more ammunition for their website's craziness.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ev...ologizes-read-staff-post.99845/#post-17943354
MfFK3rM.png

Once again, Resetera is the world's most hypocritical message board. They claim to value "diversity" "progressivism" and now they don't want to make certain members feel "uncomfortable".

But if you're a straight white conservative male, the moderation team will throw you under the bus with no punishment.

9Jlx1bb.jpg

GAcFyBr.png

3cvQGpJ.png

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned

I am always amazed by the "you can be assholes to men, you can be mean to men but you can't be sexist" angle,

Like, it's still not a good thing.

OK, so someone is a terrible person but based on a technicality nobody can call them sexist or racist.
They are still a terrible person though.

It's like a weird corrupted version of self-help.
I'm not a good person BUT if I change the definition of a word here, maybe rationalize a few things there... ta-da! I'm one of the good guys.

No. Actually that kind of makes them even worse since they can't be reformed because they've always got a justification for being terrible.

dolabla

At this point dogpiling is a valid tactic as long as you are on the right side of history.

Why do you think Enzom, Excel and The Kree among others use this ploy so often? To speak with the words of Jensen Huang of Nvidia:

''It just works.''

They obviously will never do that (Or really SweetNicole/PattyCakes will never do that). There is an established narrative and it has to be maintained by all costs.

Funny enough the Smolett story about broken ribs was debunked incredibly early, yet ERA decided to maintain the BS anyway. That to me says a lot about their intent to polarize discussion into something it is not.

But to them it does, remember? If your (Mostly US-based) life is focussed on troubles with healthcare, the IRS and getting your shit together, then ofcourse you are going to blame everything under the sun that has nothing to do with your personal situation.

Its just an endless well of frustration applied to every development in the world, plain and simple. Its far easier blaming the world than acknowledging your personal situation.

You can't expect people who lack even the basic realization of differing cultures to do something that actually has real life merit.

And its not like he will do something useful with his time off.
Like someone suffering from Stockholm Syndrome, the guy will simply return and be ange
reeeee3.png
reeeee3.png
reeeee3.png
about all the flaws of the world. And ofcourse, most of them related to gamergate/minority/Social Justice stuff.

I expect a ban. If that does not get a ban, then Enzom has to come into play and change the narrative to a racial one.

I love the second one telling that user that he is garbage and should never post here again. Yes, god forbid you have alternative views. A post like that would be warnable in every other thread but since such a user is speaking in favor of the narrative, he won't get actioned.

The third one is good too: ''If people cannot understand why baseless internet detective work that requires disbelieving a potential victim is harmful in a thread about a minority involved in some sort of hate crime.. then I'm not really sure what else to say.''

Gee, reminds me of the time ERA did their own detective works and got developers axed from their job for no good reason, at one point a mod (Hecht) even being involved in a similar case. But naah, that's okay, because it follows the narrative. Speaking against a case like Smolett and questioning the narrative with factual opinion, that is wrong.

Post 4: ''All of ya'll that want to blame victims and doubt stories can just go to the old place, you know. They'll welcome you with open arms. You can even talk shit about Era in the OT they have just to talk shit about Era.''

Hey look, another baseless guy making baseless claims! Yeah, we doubt stories until they are proven. You should try that out, aka Things-a-sane-person-would-do. But nah, in his mind its far more apt to crucify people on the cross and judge people's entire persona based on a singular statement or action, whether that happened or not.

Its interesting how they care about facts now when more often than not they just love to call out people without any research.

Its only allowed to fit into the narrative as long as it suits them. So its okay to call people out without waiting for facts when it runs in their advantage. When their call out is completely and utterly wrong, then Staff Communication like this occurs.

Definitely an odd post by him since The Albatross is one of the more level-headed posters out there making some apt points. Though i dunno if the ERA flu caught him too.

Surprisingly, that guy hasn't caught a ban.......... yet. This has got to be a first.

But this guy did:

This thread is fucking weird.

Something close to the truth will eventually come out, what's the rush?

One group seems to actually want someone to be the victim of a hate crime just to reinforce their "choice" to be a voice on the frontlines of our national conversation: the all-volunteer nintendo message board. Another is hoping to do that thing where they can say, "I knew this was shady, check my posts," but no one gives a shit. The mods are (rightfully) getting dunked on left and right for being controlling, obtuse weirdos, and I bet entremet has his hooks in somehow. Won't presume to speak for anyone else, but this isn't what I had in mind. The pettiness.

Banned for:

User Banned (Duration pending): Inflammatory generalisation of Era members, hostility towards staff, account in junior phase.

dolabla

It's 2018 all over again. Reset nutters continue to provide more ammunition for their website's craziness.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ev...ologizes-read-staff-post.99845/#post-17943354
MfFK3rM.png

Once again, Resetera is the world's most hypocritical message board. They claim to value "diversity" "progressivism" and now they don't want to make certain members feel "uncomfortable".

But if you're a straight white conservative male, the moderation team will throw you under the bus with no punishment.

9Jlx1bb.jpg

GAcFyBr.png

3cvQGpJ.png

I'd love to see someone start a hot girl thread there just to see what happens. Can you imagine 10 pages of "Yikes!", "I can't even.....", Wow. Just wow!".

It would never make it to 10 pages, but it'd still be funny to see what happens.

JordanN

Banned
Wow people now getting straight up sexist

From the DOA6 thread after people said these girls had fun on stage

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ev...-head-apologizes-read-staff-post.99845/page-4

Damn... And I bet he will not get a ban for this.
I remember a famous saying: that feminism is for ugly people.

And the more I think about it, it's true. I've never heard of attractive women complaining about men or saying their life sucks. It's usually the 1/10 bottom of the barrel wankers who demand all women be just as miserable as they are.

If two beautiful Japanese girls want to play with each other in front of a camera, how is that oppression?

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I remember a famous saying: that feminism is for ugly people.

And the more I think about it, it's true. I've never heard of attractive women complaining about men or saying their life sucks. It's usually the 1/10 bottom of the barrel wankers who demand all women be just as miserable as they are.

If two beautiful Japanese girls want to play with each other in front of a camera, how is that oppression?
I personally know good-looking ferminists, but for more prominent examples, look at the most prominent members of Femen, Inna Schewtschenko, Alexandra Schewtschenko, Oksana Schatschko. If they are among the "bottom ten percent of the barrel wankers" in terms of looks then my sense of aesthetics would be incredibly happy to know where you are living.

JordanN

Banned
I personally know good-looking ferminists, but for more prominent examples, look at the most prominent members of Femen, Inna Schewtschenko, Alexandra Schewtschenko, Oksana Schatschko. If they are among the "bottom ten percent of the barrel wankers" in terms of looks then my sense of aesthetics would be incredibly happy to know where you are living.
Those are exceptions.
Especially if we're talking the Resetera feminist types. No way any of them are higher than a 4/10.

giphy.gif

Or they look like a trout:

ejrSAcD.jpg

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned

Yoshi, you need to stop rising to the bait!

But yeah good shout on those 2 Femen women. I'd be all over that like a dog eating a fish supper.

Saruhashi

Banned
Wow people now getting straight up sexist

From the DOA6 thread after people said these girls had fun on stage

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ev...-head-apologizes-read-staff-post.99845/page-4

Damn... And I bet he will not get a ban for this.

It's hilarious but at the same time I wonder how much interaction these people genuinely have with women.

You can see WAY crazier shit than what was on stage there in any nightclub in any major city in the world on any given night. Holy shit.

Like, OK when you go to work or college or whatever the fuck you ain't seeing that but go virtually anywhere where people are letting their hair down and you will see at least equally provocative stuff for sure. Jesus.

Some of them seem to just be making a big show of not being into it.
Oh the humanity! I watched a video for fucking DOA of all fucking games and I saw sexy ladies!
These lads should just drop the act and admit they watched the video and now they're harder than a level 10 Sudoku.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Surprisingly, that guy hasn't caught a ban.......... yet. This has got to be a first.

But this guy did:

Banned for:
Well it IS a generalization and a rather crappy one at that. It makes vague references but never says anything clearly. So for once i actually get that one because its more nagging than saying anything intelligent.

Those are exceptions.
Especially if we're talking the Resetera feminist types. No way any of them are higher than a 4/10.

giphy.gif

Or they look like a trout:

ejrSAcD.jpg
Haha the third one from the bottom (Red one) is a Bore meme:
SJWq.png

That being said no fan of trans-shaming, its not our time and place to comment on how they look when female (or vice versa).

The bans in that thread on ERA are fucking pathetic.
FTFY.

LOL I got banned for saying that MrWiz should've used this chance to advertise the event.

6t1aw2.jpg
I would ban you too with that hideous avatar. Mods did a good call here.

entremet

entremet entremet IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!

;)
Honestly I don’t follow this stuff. And where is this weird narrative that I have some pull at ERA lol.

I just make a lot of threads and post a lot lol. I also try to be genuine, which could polarize people. But I’m no personality their and I’ve never been in the “in crowd” here or anywhere else.

It’s just bizarre reading this stuff. Trust me, although it doesn’t appear so, I have a life offline. It’s where I get my thread ideas lol.

You can thank smartphones for my high post volume too, plus I don’t do any other social media other than forums.

All in all, I’ve never taken forums too seriously, which is why I laugh when people posit Game Of Thrones power plays for a fucking forum of all things lol.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
RESET is proof that too many people waste their years in college getting indoctrinated while obtaining their useless degrees in the soft sciences.

Its like they all talk like that snotty college professor who loves the smell of his own farts.

These people should go to trade schools or something instead of wasting their time with whatever useless education they got they could end up being much more productive members of society.

RESET is proof that too many people waste their years in college getting indoctrinated while obtaining their useless degrees in the soft sciences.

Its like they all talk like that snotty college professor who loves the smell of his own farts.

These people should go to trade schools or something instead of wasting their time with whatever useless education they got they could end up being much more productive members of society.
No disrespect to people that have these degrees but gender studies is up there with some of the useless art degrees that looks great on paper but they have a very limited career path and will most likely have you being a manager at McDonald’s or a companies HR/secretary person....in most cases you could get to the same career path without wasting thousands of dollars.

Same goes with going balls deep in a masters degree of visual communication when a 20 hour course in graphic design will get you the same role if your committed to the career.

Degrees these days are not worth the paper they are printed on.

cryptoadam

Banned
No disrespect to people that have these degrees but gender studies is up there with some of the useless art degrees that looks great on paper but they have a very limited career path and will most likely have you being a manager at McDonald’s or a companies HR/secretary person....in most cases you could get to the same career path without wasting thousands of dollars.

Same goes with going balls deep in a masters degree of visual communication when a 20 hour course in graphic design will get you the same role if your committed to the career.

Degrees these days are not worth the paper they are printed on.

It also creates some weired type of entitlement, like I am a college graduate I should get a 6 figure job as higher up. Meanwhile that guy who went to trade school and became an electrician who is making 100K a year they look down on them as if there is no value in that type of work.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

Sad thing is, there are some fantastic work being done by Psychologists, Sociologists, and Cultural Anthropologists who are currently pursuing or have obtained their PhD's. These dimwits are making it look like a shitty profession.

Sad thing is, there are some fantastic work being done by Psychologists, Sociologists, and Cultural Anthropologists who are currently pursuing or have obtained their PhD's. These dimwits are making it look like a shitty profession.
Chicken and egg it seems
without nutjobs you would not need shrinks

Reeee is giving them long term employment

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Atlus seems to have really upset the folks over at ResetEra with one of their new endings in Catherine. I believe they've had issues with them before, so I wonder if this time it's going to lead to a ban on discussing Atlus. Which would be interesting considering how many Persona fanboys frequent the forum.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Atlus seems to have really upset the folks over at ResetEra with one of their new endings in Catherine. I believe they've had issues with them before, so I wonder if this time it's going to lead to a ban on discussing Atlus. Which would be interesting considering how many Persona fanboys frequent the forum.

wtf is this?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ma...han-that-original.100027/page-3#post-17972671

I'm actually fucking crying right now because I'm so fucking furious that they keep doing this shit. I need to calm down.

dolabla

In that Jussie Smollett thread, some posters are dying to be able to discuss possible scenario(s) of the case:

So the two brothers who were extras on Empire and who were seen on the surveillance tapes were just released without being charged with anything.

And Jussie Smollett is now being represented by a high-profile defense attorney (who is also representing Michael Cohen).

Are we allowed to speculate on what this may mean?

This is what I was getting at in my last posts. Just look at how wild this all is. People should be able to try and hash it all out in the open ( so long as they’re doing so in a non-trollish manner) without fear of being perma-banned

What a pathetic "discussion" board where you have to practically beg and get permission just to have a discussion. Not a good look Cerium, not a good look.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
In that Jussie Smollett thread, some posters are dying to be able to discuss possible scenario(s) of the case:

What a pathetic "discussion" board where you have to practically beg and get permission just to have a discussion. Not a good look Cerium, not a good look.

> Writes a book about "fighting the power".

> Runs his site role-playing that perverse power.

I sense a new book coming out of this experiment. ;)

dolabla

Holy shit, they just got permission. From a mod:

Go ahead and discuss it. We have actual word and facts on the case now, which means this story has officially crossed into legitimate "something in the milk ain't clean" territory, and not the "I don't believe this because of the weather/Chicago/racism-isn't-that-bad-actually" cesspool it once was.

I still believe Jussie was assaulted. He was admitted into the hospital for a reason. I see no logical motive for why he'd fake an attack. But yeah, this is weird.

Baby steps, Cerium, baby steps.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I have an open mind and respect the sexual preference of people.

The truth is that even so, I will buy the game and if it is possible the limited edition.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Wow they are really pissed off!!! I guess they are gonna be even more pissed off that I pre ordered the Premium Edition.:messenger_beaming:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom