• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offend me (and possibly others)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stufte

So I was thinking today about parody and satire and where it crosses a potential line into offensiveness.

I'm pretty hard to offend, but this came close:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jisY3688oAE

It's definitely dark, but is rather clever.

Is there merit to blatantly offensive parody like this?

What other videos/songs/etc. that sit inside the realm of satire or parody ride that line for you?

Do you feel uneasy about dark comedy like the aristocrats?

Post examples here. Offend me (and others).

*edit* This isn't meant to be some sort of offense Olympics, just post things that push your personal boundaries and might push others as well!

Booshka

contest_jimnorton_please.jpg

The worst/most offensive joke I can think of:

Q: What's funnier than a pile of dead babies?

A: The live one trying to crawl its way out from underneath them.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
So I was thinking today about parody and satire and where it crosses a potential line into offensiveness.

What other videos/songs/etc. that sit inside the realm of satire or parody ride that line for you?

Well, holy shit, those lyrics are pretty bad. But, yeah, I am extremely desensitized by the internet. I feel nothing. :|

It's funny, I can't watch stuff like South Park and Family Guy anymore. I just feel icky watching that kind of humor. One of my friends was giving me shit because I didn't want to watch a scene from South Park he wanted to show me with Spielberg or whoever getting anally raped. He kept trying to make me watch it even though I found it offensive. He couldn't fathom how an adult would find something like that offensive which is kinda selfish.

Ask me in my teens and I would probably be all over that kinda humor.

I do like me some Bill Burr or Louis CK tho.

*edit* This isn't meant to be some sort of offense Olympics, just post things that push your personal boundaries and might push others as well!

This doesn't really offend me, because its clearly a joke. Like, she's not actually trying to round up Jews. In fact, the most upsetting thing about the video is that I always sing the song this way and I'm sad other people on the internet do, too. It makes me feel like I'm not a special snowflake.

White Man

I (no joke) have this fantasy/fixation on a scenario where I tie someone down and turn their elbow and knee joints into pulp using a hammer. Then I cut halfway into their femur (right about level with the groin) and see if I can't break through the rest of the femur just by using my body weight or with swings of the hammer. Sometimes I leave one leg intact because I like the idea of breaking the body's symmetry. The lower leg I typically leave alone, but I usually destroy the ankles in some way that does not use the hammer, like using clamps or a vice, or even going back to the saw.

Moving upward, I use the saw to cut in the spaces between the fingers on one hand. I saw down until I hit the carpals, then I use my hands to spread the fingers apart as far as possible. On the other hand I cut diagonally, leaving the thumb intact. I'm not quite sure why I do this because it's not particularly interesting. I forcefully press down on the ribs on one side of the chest to see if I can break them. In some less likely versions of the fantasy there are incisions made and the ribs are manipulated from there.

I leave the head alone for now and return to the lower body, except I turn the person over so I can work on the spine. I use the saw to expose the lower spine and then iteratively hit it with the hammer, between strikes checking the legs to see if there is still any response. Once there is no response, I do the same to the upper body. Once I'm sure that the rest of the body is completely paralyzed and incapable of further pain, I move onto the head. Doing the spine thing will ensure that all further pain felt by the head will be untainted by the pain going through the rest of the body. My plan with the head involves striking the jaw on one side of the head and dislocating it, and then doing the same with the other side. After that, I'd try kicking the now-loose jaw to see what happens, whether it will be removed entirely or just stretch or just send a bunch of teeth flying across the room. Then I'd pull the jaw down as far as I could, and put my foot in the mouth sideways, with my foot going horizontally into the mouth. I'd then press down as hard as I could to see what would happen. After this, I'd break the nose. Moving along, I'd shave the head and use a penknife to cut a pinhead-like grid into the skull, down to the bone. With an open palm, I'd rub over the squares to see if they'd rip off or what.

I'm not a killer, so after I got bored I'd dump the body in a deep drainage ditch along the side of the road, or maybe in the concrete island between two medians on the road.

stufte

I (no joke) have this fantasy/fixation on a scenario where I tie someone down and turn their elbow and knee joints into pulp using a hammer. Then I cut halfway into their femur (right about level with the groin) and see if I can't break through the rest of the femur just by using my body weight or with swings of the hammer. Sometimes I leave one leg intact because I like the idea of breaking the body's symmetry. The lower leg I typically leave alone, but I usually destroy the ankles in some way that does not use the hammer, like using clamps or a vice, or even going back to the saw.

Moving upward, I use the saw to cut in the spaces between the fingers on one hand. I saw down until I hit the carpals, then I use my hands to spread the fingers apart as far as possible. On the other hand I cut diagonally, leaving the thumb intact. I'm not quite sure why I do this because it's not particularly interesting. I forcefully press down on the ribs on one side of the chest to see if I can break them. In some less likely versions of the fantasy there are incisions made and the ribs are manipulated from there.

I leave the head alone for now and return to the lower body, except I turn the person over so I can work on the spine. I use the saw to expose the lower spine and then iteratively hit it with the hammer, between strikes checking the legs to see if there is still any response. Once there is no response, I do the same to the upper body. Once I'm sure that the rest of the body is completely paralyzed and incapable of further pain, I move onto the head. Doing the spine thing will ensure that all further pain felt by the head will be untainted by the pain going through the rest of the body. My plan with the head involves striking the jaw on one side of the head and dislocating it, and then doing the same with the other side. After that, I'd try kicking the now-loose jaw to see what happens, whether it will be removed entirely or just stretch or just send a bunch of teeth flying across the room. Then I'd pull the jaw down as far as I could, and put my foot in the mouth sideways, with my foot going horizontally into the mouth. I'd then press down as hard as I could to see what would happen. After this, I'd break the nose. Moving along, I'd shave the head and use a penknife to cut a pinhead-like grid into the skull, down to the bone. With an open palm, I'd rub over the squares to see if they'd rip off or what.

I'm not a killer, so after I got bored I'd dump the body in a deep drainage ditch along the side of the road, or maybe in the concrete island between two medians on the road.

... the aristocrats? :(

...ethics....games journalism...what?

Often, when people say they can't be offended, they just mean "by things that most people find offensive."

There are plenty of threads that show that even those people can be offended

pubba

Wtf Whiteman..

Did you even the read the OP and subsequent posts? He's looking for humour that pushes the boundaries of offensiveness.

Wtf man. Seriously.

Foaloal

I was going to say MillionDollarExtreme, but looks like their youtube account got banned somehow (given the nature of their material, not too surprising).

Seems there is still a community on reddit but I don't know if all the videos are still around or not.

Either way, the main guy in MDE, Sam Hyde, is the first guy to be offensive, but not make me feel like he was just doing it for cheap laughs/attention.

I still can't quite tell if he's funny or not, but he definitely says offensive things, although I don't think he means them and is kind of parodying something.

If that sounds at all interesting, maybe start with his TED Talk (best link I could find now that his channel is gone) where he discusses the "2070 Paradigm Shift" .

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious

I leave the head alone for now and return to the lower body, except I turn the person over so I can work on the spine. I use the saw to expose the lower spine and then iteratively hit it with the hammer, between strikes checking the legs to see if there is still any response. Once there is no response, I do the same to the upper body. Once I'm sure that the rest of the body is completely paralyzed and incapable of further pain, I move onto the head. Doing the spine thing will ensure that all further pain felt by the head will be untainted by the pain going through the rest of the body. My plan with the head involves striking the jaw on one side of the head and dislocating it, and then doing the same with the other side. After that, I'd try kicking the now-loose jaw to see what happens, whether it will be removed entirely or just stretch or just send a bunch of teeth flying across the room. Then I'd pull the jaw down as far as I could, and put my foot in the mouth sideways, with my foot going horizontally into the mouth. I'd then press down as hard as I could to see what would happen. After this, I'd break the nose. Moving along, I'd shave the head and use a penknife to cut a pinhead-like grid into the skull, down to the bone, and my mom will get scared and say “You’re movin’ with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air.” I whistled for a cab and when it came near The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror If anything I could say that this cab was rare But I thought, “Nah, forget it. Yo home to Bel-Air!” I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 And I yelled to the cabby yo holmes smell ya later Looked at my kingdom I was finally there To sit on my throne as the prince of Bel-Air.
fixed for the world's sanity :(

The worst/most offensive joke I can think of:

Q: What's funnier than a pile of dead babies?

A: The live one trying to crawl its way out from underneath them.

Love the old dead babies genre.

Q: What's easier to unload, a truckload of dead babies or truckload of wood?

A: dead babies . . . with dead babies you can use a pitchfork.[/QUOTE]

daviyoung

Banned

The marquis would be proud

Buzzman

Banned

So uh

How are things?

Zuly

I can acknowledge when something is offensive, but it's difficult for me to actually be offended.

This is how I feel too. I don't have a single recollection of being offended by something. I know when something is being said/done for the sake of being offensive but not because I find it offensive towards me but because it is considered socially offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom