• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2009 MLB Season Thread of the Inaugural CitiField September Collapse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Windu said:
AJ has got that "Strike a Pose" down perfect. And Tex....well... *facepalm*
omg tex is such a retard :lol :lol

someone post the photo of his tight suit

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I guess I'll post my horrible predictions:

AL

East

Rays
Red Sox (WC)
Yankees
Blue Jays
Orioles

Central

Indians
White Sox
Twins
Tigers
Royals

West

A's
Angels
Rangers
Mariners

NL

West

Dodgers
Diamondbacks
Giants
Rockies
Padres

Central

Cubs
Reds
Cardinals
Brewers
Astros
Pirates

East

Phillies
Braves (WC)
Mets
Marlins
Nationals

Its going to be a fun 4 team race in the NL East, I could see anyone of the teams winning it.

clemenx

Banned
Y2Kev said:
omg tex is such a retard :lol :lol

someone post the photo of his tight suit
This one? :lol

03a_004.jpg

NewLib

Banned
Link said:
The main problem was clearly the bullpen the last couple of years. Hopefully now that it's been completely retooled, things will go better.

Im still really concerned about John Maine. Santana will be Santana, I believe Pelfrey will continue to improve, and Ollie will be Ollie. But nothing encouraging has come out of ST from John Maine and I fear he is really close to falling off the deep end.

Windu said:

edit: Oh look, they magically appeared..

Reds getting some undeserved love this offseason. It's all about Harang, kiddies. A few years back when he was the true Cy Young Winner instead of that jackass Brandon Webb, the Reds were in the playoff hunt until the last 3 games of the year.

Also: Tell the Brewers to GTFO of the NL. A division with 6 teams, and a division with 4 teams. What is the solution here?

RBH

Windu said:
I almost killed myself when I got to a horrible image in the OP. Thanks.
Believe me, it pained my heart to post that pic.

bluemax said:
Needs more statistical projections in the OP!
I don't know where to find them! :(
eznark said:
All time saves leader changes teams and gets no love? For shame.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii83/eznark/trevorspringtrainingbrewer.jpg
No over-the-hill players allowed in the OP.

Since you posted a ton in the offseason thread, I'll go ahead and put Hoffman in the OP. :)
pollo said:
Op, you need to post your predictions in the OP
Done. :)

jakncoke

Banned
eznark said:
They're leaving spring with a strong loss to that community college. Should really propel them to another dismal year.

yup, sadly by the time we're done losing(if there is a done) we'll have so many losses piled up that we will forever be known as the team with the most losses, there really in no way out of this suckage, time to fold up franchise, sell all the assets and get some ass from some brothel

Link

The Autumn Wind
I think I'd like the look of Citi a whole lot more if the seats weren't green. Completely ruins the look for me.

NewLib said:
Im still really concerned about John Maine. Santana will be Santana, I believe Pelfrey will continue to improve, and Ollie will be Ollie. But nothing encouraging has come out of ST from John Maine and I fear he is really close to falling off the deep end.
I'm not too concerned. We've cobbled our rotation together for the last couple of years and it's worked out just fine.

clemenx

Banned
Link said:
I'm not too concerned. We've cobbled our rotation together for the last couple of years and it's worked out just fine.
I'm a bit concerned but as you said, the rotation has worked for us the last couple of years but i'm not keen on them. Fortunetely we have a competent bullpen now.

My predictions!

AL

East

Red Sox
Rays (WC)
Yankees
Blue Jays
Orioles

Central

Indians
Twins
White Sox
Royals
Tigers

West

Angels
A's
Rangers
Mariners

NL

East

Mets
Braves (WC)
Phillies
Marlins
Nationals

Central

Cubs
Reds
Cardinals
Brewers
Pirates
Astros

West

Dodgers
Giants
D'backs
Rockies
Padres

PREDICTIONS:

NL EAST: Mets
NL CENTRAL: Cards
NL WEST: Dodgers
WC: Cubs

AL EAST: Red Sox
AL CENTRAL: White Sox
AL WEST: Angels
WC: Yankees

WS: Dodgers v. Yanks
Teh Winnar: Yanks.

Just get that feeling.

NewLib

Banned
I can't wait for the Reds to start the season 17-8 getting all of Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky in a tizzy, just for them to lose there next 10 games, soar into mediocrity for the rest of the season, and fight with Houston for fourth place.

I mean the Reds bullpen is just begging to break down.

Tedesco!

NewLib said:
I can't wait for the Reds to start the season 17-8 getting all of Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky in a tizzy, just for them to lose there next 10 games, soar into mediocrity for the rest of the season, and fight with Houston for fourth place.

I mean the Reds bullpen is just begging to break down.

They might surprise you. I have high hopes for the Reds this year. No Griffey and Dunn....good times....

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I love the fact that the season is starting at the exact same time my semester is ending. Thanks Bud!

Predictions:

AL East

Yankees
Rays (WC)
Red Sox
Toronto
Baltimore

AL Central

ChiSox
Twins
Cleveland
Detroit
Royals

AL West

Angels
Rangers
Oakland
Seattle

NL East

Mets
Braves (WC)
Phillies
Marlins
Nats

NL Central

Cubs
Cards
Brewers
Reds
Pirates
Houston

NL West

Giants
Dodgers
Arizona
Colorado
San Diego

World Series

Mets v. Rays
Rays in 6

Book it.

Jon

Time for the Phillies to start the season 4 - 8 like they do every year! I put the over/under of "Games I Turn Off By the 6th Inning Out Of Frustration" at 100. As much as I love baseball, it takes a year off my life every season.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
What's the opening night game and how can we stop steve phillips from broadcasting it

cashman

Banned
NL EAST: Mets
NL CENTRAL: Cubs
NL WEST: Dodgers
WC: Cards

AL EAST: Red Sox
AL CENTRAL: Indians
AL WEST: Rangers
WC: Rays

WS: Cards v. Red Sox
Teh Winnar: Sox

Only one I know that is going to be dead on is the AL West race

Amazing op, RBH :lol
Oh yes, we're back and ready for another marathon thread. Well, let's start with my predictions:

American League

AL East:
Yankees
Rays (WC)
Red Sox
Blue Jays
Orioles

AL Central:
Indians
Twins
Tigers
White Sox
Royals

AL West:
A's
Angels
Rangers
Mariners

National League

NL East:
Phillies
Marlins (WC)
Mets
Braves
Nationals

NL Central:
Cubs
Cardinals
Reds
Brewers
Pirates
DisAstros

NL Worst:
Dodgers
Diamondbacks
Giants
Rockies
Padres

Yankees out of the AL, Cubs out of the NL. Yankees win the World Series in 6 games, CC Sabathia is king of NY, God smiles.

LETS GO YANKEES.

firex

honestly it could probably be stickied now and the offseason thread taken down in its place.

I don't really know how the Reds will do, but I hope they surprise people and win the division. They have the talent (mostly) and nobody else in the NL Central is really that strong, either.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Yeah, the offseason is as good as over, as far as we're concerned anyways. No point in leaving the old thread up there, all abandoned and lonely.

xbhaskarx

Restructuring in the Padres front office:

As some Padres officials have described that move’s fallout to friends on other clubs, Towers, the team’s GM since November 1995, was surprised that DePodesta, a former Dodgers GM and A’s assistant GM, was hired and that he would be reporting to Alderson. Last week, a Padres official called the structure an “impossible situation” through no fault of either DePodesta or Towers and said it made Alderson a de facto GM with both Towers and DePodesta reporting to him.

“If anything,” Towers said of Moorad’s restructuring, “it should help Paul in the way of fitting in with everybody else. Even if there was zero truth, maybe what people speculated (about who was making decisions), I don’t think there will be that now.

...Both men said the restructuring is unlikely to have an impact on baseball personnel. But Moorad has eliminated one source of speculation that grew louder during and after the team’s 99-loss season of 2008.

“If anything, it’ll be good for all of us,” Towers said. “I doubt there was really any truth to Paul nixing deals. Sandy always gave me full autonomy. Did Paul have the authority to maybe squash a deal or maybe talk Sandy out of it? I doubt that ever happened. I think from a perception standpoint, it put all of us in an uncomfortable situation.

“Paul brings a lot to the table. He’s brought a process. Hopefully this will bring continuity and less backbiting throughout the organization. That’s the one thing we have to get rid of. We can’t have factions in baseball operations and (elsewhere). That’s counterproductive.”

Previous article here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom