• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2009 MLB Season Thread of the Inaugural CitiField September Collapse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I love Fox's decision on where to air each game. I'm in AR and they decide to air the Oakland/LA game. Thanks Fox, I really wanted to watch those two teams play..instead of you know the Braves..which are in the South.

Amazing graphic. Beltran-Delgado-Reyes-Wright only missed 8 games combined last year. I think they're already missed 100 this year.
clemenx said:
:lol :lol :lol Francoeur fucking sucks, i can't believe they walked Wright intentionally on the 1st inning.
With Sheff out Wright is the only threat in the lineup. I was surprised they didn't walk Wright off the bat.

The Frankman said:
Why do you say this? Is it the fact that in his last 6 starts Mets have scored 0, 0, 0, 2, 2, and 1 run?

That shit usually happens to everyone's top starter. It's because he has to face off against the other team's top starter, usually.

Sometimes, though, it's just bad luck. Harang had that shit happen to him for that season he was good.

Well I can tell two adjustments that need to be made with Jeff:

1) For a guy who stands straight up his swing is extremely long. Kawakawi only throws 92 and Jeff is behind everything.
2) He has the same problem Tatis has this year: Needs to stop wrapping the bat around his neck.

jman2050

The Frankman said:

1) For a guy who stands straight up his swing is extremely long. Kawakawi only throws 92 and Jeff is behind everything.
2) He has the same problem Tatis has this year: Needs to stop wrapping the bat around his neck.

You should give scouting tips to my little brother, surely he'll hit better than Francoeur with your wisdom.

LJ11

Wright was smoked with a 92mph fastball, send him some tips Frank.

Francoeur's problem is that he chose baseball instead of football. That throw in the first was pretty ace.

Doytch

The Frankman said:

If these adjustments were any good, all batting instructors would know them.

Wickerman

That's Mets baseball right there

What could have been a big inning turned in a measly 2 runs without the ball being hit out of the infield

LJ11

The Frankman said:
I just came back from Warhawk how did the Mets actually score?

With Castillo on second, they walked Wright, infield hit by Francoeur, walked in a run, and Santos got the runner on 3rd across.

clemenx said:
I don't care if he has 150 pitches, I really don't trust any of the "8 inning guys" at the moment.

Fuuuuu, get a DP.
Feliciano? Green I understand. Heck I'd use Frankie in the 8th.

I like Santana brushing McLouth a bit.

Why did Misch throw the 2-2 count so far outside? Now it's 3-2 and the runner will run.

ugh.
Why on earth was Murphy playing so close to the bag? WTF!
He got caught not getting back. He wasn't holding him on and yet didn't get back....

I don't get why Misch was fooling around. Had Kotchman 0-2 and threw 4 pitches nowhere near the zone.
clemenx said:
It's only the 8th dude, no matter what you can't use closers for more than 1 inning, they'll sue you!
Rodriguez thrives on innings. He needs to get some work in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom