• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official All-Purpose Girl-GAF Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munch

While Carrie was my least favorite character, she didn't belong with Aidan because Aidan was a douche.

I liked all the clothes, especially as they got older because it got a little bit more chic, I feel. Like, less revealing.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Munch said:
While Carrie was my least favorite character, she didn't belong with Aidan because Aidan was a douche.
WAT? Are we talking about the same show? Mr. Big was a Douche and so was Carrie, they belong together! Aiden was probably the only male character on S&tC who was actually likeable.

Munch

Inanna said:
WAT? Are we talking about the same show? Mr. Big was a Douche and so was Carrie, they belong together! Aiden was probably the only male character on S&tC who was actually likeable.

Don't get me wrong, Big was a douche as well. Aidan was a douche because he didn't love Carrie for who she was. He wanted her to get rid of everything about what made her, her. Her shoes, her dislike for the country, etc. Big would never have her come to the country! She's a city gal.

THEN, he was pushing marriage after she was honest with him. She loves him, yes, she was happy being engaged, but she wasn't interested in rushing it. He was a sweetie the first time around (season 2) but in season 4? No. He was a douche.

yuna55

<3 SATC

Just the show though, not the first movie (and I'm sure the second). They're witty and act like guys but are into fashion. If we were still single and/or more slutty, my BFF and I would fit right in.

All the girly storylines feel forced, like they're trying to grab the Typical Female Viewer demographic. So basically the entire 1st movie. Very disappointing.

Alright, girl-GAF, I know there was some discussion of Yaz, but really, I am at a loss with what to do about my birth control. I am terrible about taking pills, the shots make me balloon, I really don't want anything implanted in me, condoms are butt, and contraceptive sponges make me feel like I have a pillow in my punani. Been thinking about the patches, but don't know anyone who's on them.

Any advice, ladies? I have a feeling a second baby won't go so well with grad school, so I think I'd prefer to just stick with the cutie-pie I have. Not-fucking is a non-option. :lol

hey_monkey said:
Alright, girl-GAF, I know there was some discussion of Yaz, but really, I am at a loss with what to do about my birth control. I am terrible about taking pills, the shots make me balloon, I really don't want anything implanted in me, condoms are butt, and contraceptive sponges make me feel like I have a pillow in my punani. Been thinking about the patches, but don't know anyone who's on them.

Any advice, ladies? I have a feeling a second baby won't go so well with grad school, so I think I'd prefer to just stick with the cutie-pie I have. Not-fucking is a non-option. :lol

You women are all the fucking same. Sex, sex, sex. Try cuddling your man once in awhile instead of seeing him as nothing more than a sexual plaything.

Koshiba

hey_monkey said:

I've been on the patch for years and I love it. It was the only thing that seemed like it would work for me as well at the time. The only bad thing is when I first got on them, I had nausea in the morning for the first few days and I put on 10lbs. They say definitely not to smoke while on them and I don't, so I don't see it as a problem. Also you can't be overweight and on the patch.. the more fat I guess it has to go through, the less effective it becomes so they have a weight limit of sorts with it. I change it out every Sunday for 3 weeks, then you go a week without it for your period.

So yeah, imo, it's really great. I definitely recommend the patch. It's a bit more expensive than pills but worth it to me. Any other questions about it feel free to ask. :eek:

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
I'm in the same boat. Thinking about getting the patch myself, weight won't be a problem because I'm skinny and don't put on weight easily. I hate pills, though, and I hate taking them every day. Sometimes I get lazy and forget about them. Plus, they make me feel extremely nauseous! I fucking hate condoms, only used em a few times, never again! I've already had 2 pregnancy scares, and I definitely don't want another one. :\ Don't want a baby right now, not until I have a decent job and married. How reliable are those patches, btw?

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
I'm so sad... My bf cat was killed by a dog in their neighbourhood, the dogs killed 5 pet cats (including Dylan) and numerous stray cats. :( That dog (and the owner) needs to be put down!!!!

Reza_Neko

Inanna said:
I'm in the same boat. Thinking about getting the patch myself, weight won't be a problem because I'm skinny and don't put on weight easily. I hate pills, though, and I hate taking them every day. Sometimes I get lazy and forget about them. Plus, they make me feel extremely nauseous! I fucking hate condoms, only used em a few times, never again! I've already had 2 pregnancy scares, and I definitely don't want another one. :\ Don't want a baby right now, not until I have a decent job and married. How reliable are those patches, btw?

I've heard good things about the IUD. My OBGYN told me about it (but without insurance, I can't afford it). Basically, they insert it in you and you only have to change it like once every 5 years! Amazing, right?

By the way, sorry to hear that your bf's cat died:( Me and my bf are still waiting for his to come home. He hasn't returned since last August. We fear the worst.

Koshiba

Inanna said:

Patches are as reliable as any other birth control I would imagine. I can't stand the feeling of condoms myself.. and the guy I'm currently seeing has a lot of trouble staying hard with a condom on as well. I've never had an issue of them falling off or getting loose either. You also have multiple places you can place them, I've always placed mine by my belly button. But you can put them on your butt, arm, etc. Been on them for at least 4-5 years now.

Sad cat stories. :( So sorry to hear them both.

I'm bad at remembering taking pills. Really terrible about it, even when I have a more regular schedule (which I do not right now). I haaaaated patches when I was on nicotine patch. Do you feel it? They always made my arm ache, but of course, it's a completely different kind of drug.

At this point, I am really considering a more permanent solution because I'm not sure I want to have another child at all, much less right now. Definitely interested in hearing more about the patch. Curious about the weight thing, though; I had a friend who was on them who was definitely overweight at the time. But she doesn't use them anymore. I wonder if that's why? Huh.

I should really just learn to keep up with pills. They do help with cramps, or did when I was on them before.

Side talk on condoms: I've only seen one come off once, thankfully. I just... ugh. Never minded 'em when it was a casual thing, but with someone I care about? No thanks.

God, no wonder STDs are always such a problem. We all hate condoms. We need a no-STD pill, so we can just forget to take it.

eta: oh, you meant patches coming off. Pretend I was responding to pregnancy scare issues! Really! I was!

Munch

hey_monkey said:
Sad cat stories. :( So sorry to hear them both.

I'm bad at remembering taking pills. Really terrible about it, even when I have a more regular schedule (which I do not right now). I haaaaated patches when I was on nicotine patch. Do you feel it? They always made my arm ache, but of course, it's a completely different kind of drug.

At this point, I am really considering a more permanent solution because I'm not sure I want to have another child at all, much less right now. Definitely interested in hearing more about the patch. Curious about the weight thing, though; I had a friend who was on them who was definitely overweight at the time. But she doesn't use them anymore. I wonder if that's why? Huh.

I should really just learn to keep up with pills. They do help with cramps, or did when I was on them before.

Side talk on condoms: I've only seen one come off once, thankfully. I just... ugh. Never minded 'em when it was a casual thing, but with someone I care about? No thanks.

God, no wonder STDs are always such a problem. We all hate condoms. We need a no-STD pill, so we can just forget to take it.

eta: oh, you meant patches coming off. Pretend I was responding to pregnancy scare issues! Really! I was!

I oddly don't mind condoms! Have you thought about the nuva ring? Or setting an alarm for when to take the pills?

Zoe

Reza_Neko said:
I've heard good things about the IUD. My OBGYN told me about it (but without insurance, I can't afford it). Basically, they insert it in you and you only have to change it like once every 5 years! Amazing, right?

Apparently the procedure can be really painful if you're sensitive to pain though...

Munch said:
Or setting an alarm for when to take the pills?

This is what I do. I have it set to go off every day at 9AM, and I take it along with my allergy medicine and vitamins for the day.

I never even thought of setting an alarm for that, which probably makes me extraordinarily stupid. Why thank you, girl-GAF, for fixing my life and making me realize my own idiocy! :lol

Sometimes the obvious solution is not so obvious to me.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Koshiba said:
Patches are as reliable as any other birth control I would imagine. I can't stand the feeling of condoms myself.. and the guy I'm currently seeing has a lot of trouble staying hard with a condom on as well. I've never had an issue of them falling off or getting loose either. You also have multiple places you can place them, I've always placed mine by my belly button. But you can put them on your butt, arm, etc. Been on them for at least 4-5 years now.
It's not that condoms are hard to use, never had a problem with them coming off either. It's just that my bf doesn't like them.. And the sounds it makes when you're, um, doing it is kinda off putting. :lol Plus, it's such a hassle to stop and then look for it and then put it on.

Reza_Neko said:

By the way, sorry to hear that your bf's cat died:( Me and my bf are still waiting for his to come home. He hasn't returned since last August. We fear the worst.
Oh, I dunno if I'd feel comfortable with putting something inside me.. One of the reasons why I don't like tampons (plus they hurt like hell). I think I'd prefer the patch myself, pills make me sick, and I get lazy and miss them sometimes. Not Good!

Awe, I'm sorry to hear about your bf's cat. :( We had one cat disappear on us too. She was just 3 months old. I think someone took her while she was outside because it was so unlike her to just run off on her own like that. Our cats always stay near the house because we have a huge back garden and a huge front lawn. And the main road is really far from our house. very safe neighbourhood.

It's so hard loosing a pet, just a year ago my bf's childhood dog died because of old age, and now his cat, technically it was his step-mum's cat but he's been looking after it for over two months now. He was such a cute and lovely cat! :(

Zoe

Inanna said:
Oh, I dunno if I'd feel comfortable with putting something inside me.. One of the reasons why I don't like tampons (plus they hurt like hell). I think I'd prefer the patch myself, pills make me sick, and I get lazy and miss them sometimes. Not Good!

If tampons hurt you anyway, an IUD most definitely would.

Munch

I'm sorry Inanna about your bf's kitty. AND TO ALL THE LOST KITTIES AND PUPPIES AND OTHER ASSORTED PETS IN THE LANDS.

The anniversary of my dog Harvey's death is coming up, and I believe I'll be spending the day in bed crying.

On the topic of tampons, my (younger) sister asked me "Why don't you use tampons?" and I said "They hurt like hell. Its not my fault I'm so .."

Er, this is SFW. Forgot. BUT FILL IN THE BLANK.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Munch said:
I'm sorry Inanna about your bf's kitty. AND TO ALL THE LOST KITTIES AND PUPPIES AND OTHER ASSORTED PETS IN THE LANDS.

The anniversary of my dog Harvey's death is coming up, and I believe I'll be spending the day in bed crying.

On the topic of tampons, my (younger) sister asked me "Why don't you use tampons?" and I said "They hurt like hell. Its not my fault I'm so .."

Er, this is SFW. Forgot. BUT FILL IN THE BLANK.
Sorry about your doggy too. :( I dunno what I'd do if something happened to my kitty Joey, he's about to turn 6 years old, getting a bit older.

They hurt me for the same reason, well assuming your reason is the same as mine... :lol They're also very uncomfortable. I don't know how women do it.

Munch

Inanna said:
Sorry about your doggy too. :( I dunno what I'd do if something happened to my kitty Joey, he's about to turn 6 years old, getting a bit older.

They hurt me for the same reason, well assuming your reason is the same as mine... :lol They're also very uncomfortable. I don't know how women do it.

Er, rhymes with "white" "smite" "'ight" ?

And yeah, my other dog is turning 6 in March. March 15th exactly! We throw them birthday parties. I am going to make her a doggy cake.

She was horribly confused the day Harvey died though. It was so sad ;_;. My dad doesn't want to get another dog for her because he was torn up when Harvey died, but my mom and I are thinking about getting another little dachshund. It was basically our fault Harvey died (too many "Aww, so cute, here is human food as a treat!"), which I'll forever feel guilty about, but I loved him a lot.

Munch

Annnnnd I brought down the thread.

SO WHAT ARE YOUR SUMMER PLANS, LADIES?

I'm supposed to do art dumps every Saturday on my livejournal, but uh...it isn't working out as planned considering we're decorating my house every day and when I'm done all I want to do is play MGS.

I am:

-taking three classes (graduate in fall yaaaaay)
-going to Memphis for novel research in two weeks
-writing at least the first three chapters of said novel (most already sketched, just needs to be re-written)
-finishing this cycle of at least six poems, set tentatively titled Love Letters to Charybdis, though in my head I just call it AHHHHH GAWD PO'TRY WHY DID I SIGN UP FOR THIS
-re-writing three short stories that need to be finished
-re-writing the short story I will use for grad school applications
-taking lots of photos
-playing with my baby bear and teaching him to read
-very occasionally sleeping

My summer break was a week and a half long. :( But! I've been very creatively productive so far this summer, having already written several new pieces. I just can't seem to make myself buckle down and clean up some that aren't finished. I feel like a dragon sitting on a pile of half-finished treasures.

Koshiba

Inanna said:

Had to put my 18 year old cat down after christmas. :( was very sad.. and then a year ago my dog died in my arms after they weren't able to stop her from seizing all night.

Tampons.. I wear them but sometimes they do hurt/are uncomfortable. The most comfortable I've found are the tampax pearl and using lubricant to get them in good helps as well.. I've found if it's not lubricated enough to go in, it won't go in fully/properly which causes more pain/discomfort.

Munch

Koshiba said:
Had to put my 18 year old cat down after christmas. :( was very sad.. and then a year ago my dog died in my arms after they weren't able to stop her from seizing all night.

Tampons.. I wear them but sometimes they do hurt/are uncomfortable. The most comfortable I've found are the tampax pearl and using lubricant to get them in good helps as well.. I've found if it's not lubricated enough to go in, it won't go in fully/properly which causes more pain/discomfort.

D: I'm sorry for your losses!

I could just feel the tampon moving about. I couldn't even squat with one in.

Summer plans:

-Read Critical Theory Today
-Get a job (hopefully)
- Volunteer at library
- Draw and post them to my livejournal every Saturday.

Zoe said:
Hearing all these problems really make me wonder if everybody's using them correctly o_O

for real

You guys probably aren't putting them in far enough. I have to kind of push outward with my muscles during insertion to, uh, open it up more? ...Try that.

Koshiba

AqueousTransmission said:
for real

You guys probably aren't putting them in far enough. I have to kind of push outward with my muscles during insertion to, uh, open it up more? ...Try that.

that's why i suggested lube too. Lol. That's the only time I notice any problems with them is when they don't go in all the way..

Zoe

The only time I've ever had one hurt was when I tried one of the no-applicator ones. Other than that, I've been using them since I was 14.

Yeah, the only time I ever had one hurt was if there was a bit of a lull in my cycle and things were a little too dry. I don't know. Maybe they're just better suited to some people.

But speaking of, does that happen to everyone? You start to think, yay, maybe I'm done, nothing's happening, and then a few hours later, it's all:

33esi90.jpg

Zoe

hey_monkey said:
But speaking of, does that happen to everyone? You start to think, yay, maybe I'm done, nothing's happening, and then a few hours later, it's all:

Haha, yeah. But for the most part taking the pill makes it predictable.

Munch

hey_monkey said:
Yeah, the only time I ever had one hurt was if there was a bit of a lull in my cycle and things were a little too dry. I don't know. Maybe they're just better suited to some people.

33esi90.jpg

YES! You should see me! I do the "I'M FREE, I'M FREE!" dance and then hours later "OMG WHO PUT THAT IN MY PANTS?!?!"

Oh, speaking of which, I'm on the pill now to battle out my PCOS, but my first period on the pill is always a killer for some reason. Any ways to deal with the pain? I had an old oxycodone medication from my wisdom teeth surgery that I took only on the first day of a really bad period but then my boyfriend was all "OMG, YOU'RE AN ADDICT. FLUSH IT". So I need some tips to help with the pain.

I can't take baths, the water system in my house suuuuccckksss.

I self-medicate with herbage during cramps. Only thing that helps that doesn't also knock me the fuck out. Most painkillers put me right to sleep, and little OTC stuff laughs at my pain. Not that I would advise anyone to go my route, but you know. 'Swhat I do.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Munch said:
Er, rhymes with "white" "smite" "'ight" ?
I dunno if that's what's causing it. But just the thought of putting something inside is just.. ugh. I hate it. Plus, I've always (going to get a bit graphic here, so get ready ladies) hated putting stuff inside my foofy even when I'm having a "happy time" on my own. With my guy it's no problem (now) but the first time with him was such a.. bad bad experience. I was a virgin before him, and the thing inside me wouldn't budge no matter what we did! When it did happen, it was like someone stabbed me (a hundred times) with a sharp knife down there and it hurt so damn bad!. I bled for days... I may be a unique case though, because my lady friends tell me their first time was a breeze, even though their partners weren't as gentle and sweet as my guy. Going back to my original point, it would just feel weird to have something up there. Do you guys not feel it moving around inside you? It's like having a mini vibrator inside, like seriously, how CAN it be comfortable? Maybe you guys are used to it now. But I've tried it, it hurts and feels extremely weird. I've found these awesome, really thin pads (I don't bled heavily so they're perfect for me) that don't even feel like diapers, so I'm cool with sticking with 'em.

Munch said:
She was horribly confused the day Harvey died though. It was so sad ;_;. My dad doesn't want to get another dog for her because he was torn up when Harvey died, but my mom and I are thinking about getting another little dachshund. It was basically our fault Harvey died (too many "Aww, so cute, here is human food as a treat!"), which I'll forever feel guilty about, but I loved him a lot.
When our kitty Lana went missing, Joey used to find her every where, even outside, that was really heartbreaking to watch. :(

Koshiba said:
:( so sorry to hear about your doggie and cat. God, I would never, ever want to be in your shoes.

Munch

Inanna said:
I dunno if that's what's causing it. But just the thought of putting something inside is just.. ugh. I hate it. Plus, I've always (going to get a bit graphic here, so get ready ladies) hated putting stuff inside my foofy even when I'm having a "happy time" on my own. With my guy it's no problem (now) but the first time with him was such a.. bad bad experience. I was a virgin before him, and the thing inside me wouldn't budge no matter what we did! When it did happen, it was like someone stabbed me (a hundred times) with a sharp knife down there and it hurt so damn bad!. I bled for days... I may be a unique case though, because my lady friends tell me their first time was a breeze, even though their partners weren't as gentle and sweet as my guy. Going back to my original point, it would just feel weird to have something up there. Do you guys not feel it moving around inside you? It's like having a mini vibrator inside, like seriously, how CAN it be comfortable? Maybe you guys are used to it now. But I've tried it, it hurts and feels extremely weird. I've found these awesome, really thin pads (I don't bled heavily so they're perfect for me) that don't even feel like diapers, so I'm cool with sticking with 'em.

Guuurl, the first time I did it, I had to knock back two smirnoff coolers before anything could proceed.

Also @hey_monkey I'm looking for other things to add to my summer list. I might re-read all the classical literature that I didn't do during my fall semester (I hate reading for classes. My reading speed falls dramatically when I know its for class, strange as that sounds). But Critical Theory Today is just to help me with future paper analysis, because I suck with those. Its always "GO DEEPER" and I'm like "I'M GIVING HER ALL SHE'S GOT, CAPTAIN".

What kind of stuff do you like, ma'am? As an English major, it is my responsibility to help fill up your reading list, especially if you're shooting for classics. And maybe your reading speed drops because they are assigning shitty classics! :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom