• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Britney Spears FEMME FATALE Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

Teh Hamburglar said:
Brit has given in and become a studio creation. Gone are authentic vocals! just more techno garbage and auto tune.

Mmm "Hold It Agaisnt Me" actually had no autotune on her voice. The backing vocals were the only ones with autotune.

And Im LOLing at this. Didnt you make a Blackout love thread? That album is her most autotuned with less authentic vocals ever.

inthezone said:
Mmm "Hold It Agaisnt Me" actually had no autotune on her voice. The backing vocals were the only ones with autotune.

And Im LOLing at this. Didnt you make a Blackout love thread? That album is her most autotuned with less authentic vocals ever.

No.

Mau ®

PAST WORK

discos.212.IMAGEN1.jpg

Britney Spears may have left the psych ward but on Circus she proved she's still a freak. Her 2008 album (released on her brithday) was a return to her older pop sound of her first two albums combined with a slight electro update featured on Blackout. While most Britney albums are usually considered "comebacks", Circus was actually a real comeback in terms of sales, radio support and touring. It spawned the #1 worldwide hit "Womanizer", which garnered her first #1 USA single after 10 years since Baby One More Time.

Reccomended Tracks

Phonography
Unusual You
Amnesia
Womanizer
Mannequin

idwl

It's weird how everyone thinks britney is a hasbeen. When she's more successful at this point in her career than she ever was when she started (not counting album sales) . I think she needs to start doing more interviews and performances to show that she's back and is not as crazy as everyone thinks she is

Mau ®

idwl said:
It's weird how everyone thinks britney is a hasbeen. When she's more successful at this point in her career than she ever was when she started (not counting album sales) . I think she needs to start doing more interviews and performances to show that she's back and is not as crazy as everyone thinks she is

In my experience, only demographics similar to those of NeoGaf view her as "has been". It could be because she's no longer in the public eye for her crazy antics (thank God), which were far more reported than her musical success. It could also be because she doesnt go out of her way to promote like GaGa and her peers.

In the end it doesnt matter, those kind of people would never buy a Britney album anyway.

Mau ®

Teh Hamburglar said:
Music for the dance floor is one thing. Techno, good beat, high energy music works there. But sitting here in my chair the only thing I'm focusing on is her robotic voice.

She's had more autotuned singles like Womanizer and Piece of Me. Like I said, Hold It Against Me had natural vocals from her (the studio acapella leaked) and Till The World Ends has a combination of normal vocals with autotune. Its not a new thing for her and its whats going on in Top 40.

To each his own, I guess.

*goes to back to fist-pumping to TTWE*

In general I'm pretty disinterested with pop music lately. Between Gaga and Britney what else is going on? And don't mention Glee...please!

Mau ®

Teh Hamburglar said:
In general I'm pretty disinterested with pop music lately. Between Gaga and Britney what else is going on? And don't mention Glee...please!

I actually love Rihanna's last two albums Rated R and Loud. "Only Girl" and "What's My Name" continue to slay me and quite honestly, at this point, I kinda like her latest output more than Brit or GaGa's recent stuff.

idwl

Leak rumors are on overdrive!! 14 new britney songs by tomorrow morning I hope. I will be in heaven. Hope they release the album closer if it does leak and not fuck it up like TTWE's release

daffy

Banned
Teh Hamburglar said:
I thought Katy Perry's Teenage Dream was pretty good.

Koodo

Banned
idwl said:
Leak rumors are on overdrive!! 14 new britney songs by tomorrow morning I hope. I will be in heaven. Hope they release the album closer if it does leak and not fuck it up like TTWE's release
DON'T WANNA WAIT I WANT IT NOW.

LEAK IT LIKE A HOOD.

I actually wouldn't like if it leaked tomorrow. I have a huge midterm on Monday. :C

Majmun

I still can't believe they have't released Phonography as a single. Probably one of the best Britney songs ever.

Cypher

Pre-order Britney's "Femme Fatale - Premium Fan Edition" from her Global Store!

http://www.sonymusicdigital.com/britney-spears/femme-fatale-premium-fan-edition/details/5747765

7e37995fcb7aaa49e25b28484351cc1a

Price: $59.99

This very special Fan Edition includes:

• Limited edition oversized 32-page hardcover book:
• Measures 9.5” x 9.5”
• Complete photo shoot including exclusive shots not available anywhere else
• High quality paper stock with lush printing

• Two heavy board sleeves holding:

• Deluxe album CD with alternate disc art

• 7” vinyl picture disc exclusive to this package!
• A-side - “Hold It Against Me” w/ full color Britney image
• B-side - Instrumental w/ Femme Fatale logo

• Book and its contents will arrive around 4/5/11
• On 3/29/11 you receive full Deluxe album digital download so you have the music right away!
• The Premium Fan Edition is not available in stores, only from Britney.com!
• All pre-orders from Britney’s Music Store include instant MP3 downloads of “Hold It Against Me” and "Till The World Ends" upon purchase

dream

Cypher said:
Pre-order Britney's "Femme Fatale - Premium Fan Edition" from her Global Store!

http://www.sonymusicdigital.com/britney-spears/femme-fatale-premium-fan-edition/details/5747765

7e37995fcb7aaa49e25b28484351cc1a

Price: $59.99

This very special Fan Edition includes:

• Limited edition oversized 32-page hardcover book:
• Measures 9.5” x 9.5”
• Complete photo shoot including exclusive shots not available anywhere else
• High quality paper stock with lush printing

• Two heavy board sleeves holding:

• Deluxe album CD with alternate disc art

• 7” vinyl picture disc exclusive to this package!
• A-side - “Hold It Against Me” w/ full color Britney image
• B-side - Instrumental w/ Femme Fatale logo

• Book and its contents will arrive around 4/5/11
• On 3/29/11 you receive full Deluxe album digital download so you have the music right away!
• The Premium Fan Edition is not available in stores, only from Britney.com!
• All pre-orders from Britney’s Music Store include instant MP3 downloads of “Hold It Against Me” and "Till The World Ends" upon purchase

$60? You gotta be kidding me.

Mau ®

Im not listening to any more snippets. I really wanna be surprised!!

And $60 is pretty standard fare for Fan editions. Yall are lucky in my country that edition of Feeme Fatale costs about $120. I'm just getting the digital edition, I think.

Till the world ends >>>> Hold it against me.

By a lot! It is not anything new or special, but it works well. The "oh oh oh..." drags on a bit long, but the "see the sunlight, we ain't stopping..." part is awesome. The only thing that I find jarring: Britney's voice is practically inhuman. So high pitched and processed!

idwl

inthezone said:
What's your exhale username?
Don't have one. Used to in 2007. Can't stand that forum now, all they do is bow and godney this or flopthat. I only go there because its the quickest source for Britney news :p

Mau ®

idwl said:
Don't have one. Used to in 2007. Can't stand that forum now, all they do is bow and godney this or flopthat. I only go there because its the quickest source for Britney news :p

LOL almost the same as me. I do have a username though but I cant stand that place. It is, however, the best place for Brit news.

I do like www.poorbritney.com as far as Britney websites go.

idwl

inthezone said:
LOL almost the same as me. I do have a username though but I cant stand that place. It is, however, the best place for Brit news.

I do like www.poorbritney.com as far as Britney websites go.
Haha I've been going on exhale religiously lately.Just waiting for that leak announcement . Going to bed now. Lets hope its leaked by tomorrow :( G'night :)

Koodo

Banned
The kinetic faculties in my right arm are just about to abandon me after all the writing I have done (and still need to do) today.

Only the power of
new
Godney can heal this pain.

Damn, I'm listening to Blackout right now. What an amazing record. Even though she was probably half-conscious when she was propped up to make these songs, they're still so well produced. And oddly enough, her personality really shines brightest on this album. Her vocals on Hold it Against Me and Till The World Ends are just so phoned in and lifeless that it made me forget that she can actually do some interesting things with her voice. Plus the lyrics on these new songs are just... bleh. Hope the rest of the album picks things up.

Blackout >>>>>>>>> Misc.

Mau ®

Britney Spears and Madonna grace the covers of OUT magazine

9245.jpg

For the first time in Out's history, we're dedicating our entire April issue to the women who inspire, scandalize, educate, and excite us -- in a different way than they excite the other boys. And we're celebrating the landmark moment with another first for us -- two different covers. One will feature the indelible Britney Spears shot exclusively for Out by Ruven Afanador and the other will feature never-seen-before photos of Madonna shot by photographer Richard Corman in 1982 just months before her career skyrocketed.

Enjoy the sneak peek of one of the photos from Britney's revealing cover story and come back to Out.com on Wednesday, March 9 to read our intimate interview with Britney and see all the photos from the shoot. On March 14 Out.com will feature our exclusive Madonna photos and begin to roll out the other Ladies We Love featured in the issue.

Out's April 2011 issue featuring Madonna and Britney Spears on dual covers will be on newsstands on March 29, the same day that Spears's new album, Femme Fatale hits stores and iTunes.

Mau ®

Ohh I loved these pictures of Godney attending her kid first baseball game. She looks so happy!

britney-kevin-030611-15.jpg

44.jpg

britney-kevin-030611-12.jpg

And Im dying at Jayden (her second son) feeding Britney cheetos. LMFAO I cant!

6299944_33.jpg

Mau ®

It appears the video for Till The World Ends will incorporate fans from all over the world in flashmobs.

She'll be in one herself in San Francisco

Video is going to be a live flash-mob worldwide broadcast style. People around the world will dance simple flash-mob routine (created by Jamie King - Circus Tour) and Britney will aopear on huge multiple Sony screens in different countries (Japan, Brazil, Ireland and South Africa are confirmed). Also, she is going to dance with her fans due to flash-mob in San Francisco. Some official announcements later this week.

I love this concept to be honest. Its a complete contrast from HIAM.

And it seems the gays are clearly a big demographic for Femme Fatale's promo. She's always been incredibly loved in the gay community but they've never promoted this much to them. I think its cool as long as they dont go GaGa (get it?) with it :)

Mau ®

PAST WORK

BRITNEY-SPEARS-blackout-album.jpg

Announced to be "the most influential pop album of the last five years" by Rolling Stone, Blackout is considered her magnum opus. Recorded during late 2006 when she was pregnant, and in early 2007 (right after she left rehab), Blackout is a heavy on electro production record. It was produced mostly by Bloodsy & Avant (Toxic) and Danja. The album costed 4 million to make and it was so fucking good that Britney went crazy over it. Indie snobs Pitchfork said it was a "extraordinary" album.

Piece of Me
Get Naked
Toy Soldier
Radar
Break The Ice

idwl

inthezone said:
PAST WORK
The album costed 4 million to make and it was so fucking good that Britney went crazy over it. Indie snobs Pitchfork said it was a "extraordinary" album.]

Costed? :p Anyway where'd that number come from? How much do albums usually cost to make?

Mau ®

idwl said:
Costed? :p Anyway where'd that number come from? How much do albums usually cost to make?

LOL Im sorry. English is not my first language (Im Spanish) so you can always find errors in my writing here and there lol

Most pop albums cost around 1 million to make. While its not as outrageous as say, 25 million for Michael Jackson's Invincible record, it was a hefty sum nevertheless.

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
March 29? God damn. That's a really long wait.

Anyway somewhere between In The Zone and B In The Mix, Britney went from teen popstar to megastar in my mind. I honestly think she's underrated at this point because of all the negative media attention in years past.

Mau ®

Rolling Stone writer William Hermes is listening to Brit's album right now

Check out his tweets

These listening sessions would be better if conducted in a dark room with a disco ball and a qt of Patron. #NewBritney 5 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

Dr. Luke + Max Martin dropping a dubstep break on "Seal It With A Kiss." I love it when the avant-garde seeps into the mainstream. #IThink 13 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

Credits for "How I Roll" lists 4 names for "vocal production." #NewBritney #AutoTuneIsAGenre 22 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

Listening to new Britney LP at an undisclosed location. Having an MDMA flashback. #FrenchFilterHouseHasTakenOverTheWorld 33 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

Cubsfan23

Banned
esquire said:
March 29? God damn. That's a really long wait.

Anyway somewhere between In The Zone and B In The Mix, Britney went from teen popstar to megastar in my mind. I honestly think she's underrated at this point because of all the negative media attention in years past.

Australia gets it the 25th, and it'll leak before then anyway.

idwl

Damn Jive, Guess they had reviewers go in somewhere instead of sending them the album :( Oh well guess we have to wait for retail leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom