• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Britney Spears FEMME FATALE Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
inthezone said:
Longer "Inside Out" snippet.

http://soundcloud.com/bmkdotcom/inside-out-snippet/s-8uwk8

O-M-GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IM DEAD RIGHT NOW.
We are not worthy.

Part (or all?) of the lyrics:

Said you’re gonna be here in a minute
Sitting in the mirror getting pretty
Gotta look my best if we’re gonna break up
Gotta look my best if we’re gonna break up

I can hear you knocking at the front door
And I know exactly what you came for
Try to say goodbye but it’s hot and heavy
Try to say goodbye but it’s hot and heavy

You…touch me and it’s breaking me down
and me down, and me down, and me down
I’m telling you, let’s just give it up and get down
and get down, and get down…

(Chorus)
So come on…
Won’t you give me something to remember?
Baby shut your mouth and turn me inside out
Even though we couldn’t last forever, baby
You know what I want right now
Hit me one more time it’s so amazing
How you shook my world and flipped it upside down
You’re the only one who ever drove me crazy
Cause you know me inside out

Hit me one more time it's so amazing
Hit me one more time

Holy Reference.

Estival

Inside Out is by far my favorite preview so far.
I really don't know what to think about that Big Fat Bass preview though... her voice sounds off. Is it from the final version?

Estival said:
Inside Out is by far my favorite preview so far.
I really don't know what to think about that Big Fat Bass preview though... her voice sounds off. Is it from the final version?
Dunno, but there was this other snippet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-J8Nfbw7VU

That one sounds more organic. But perhaps the song becomes more and more techno'ish the further along it goes.

Nobody seems to like this song, but I think it has potential. Just add some more layers and vocal tracks, and it could be a banger. In that regard I hope both snippets are from early on in the song, and more stuff is added later on. :)

Koodo

Banned
I can't believe I am liking that will.i.am song.

Proof that the power of Godney can make miracles happen.

Souldriver said:
That one sounds more organic. But perhaps the song becomes more and more techno'ish the further along it goes.)
I hope so. That sounds really good.

BowieZ

Banned
I really liked the first snippet... the second one I also *like* but the vocals sound a bit lifeless somehow. Well, even more lifeless than I'd accept/expect from a will.i.am production.

Hopefully the whole thing comes together well.

Damn, I really like Big Fat Bass. Both versions. It's my favorite leak of the whole bunch. Have repeated the little snippets a lot by now. I totally see myself flipping out on the track, Haha! :)

A youtube comment (and there's always wisdom in those ;)) now says the more techno-sounding version is a demo. In any case, I want to hear both versions of the song in full, and if one really is the demo, it has to leak eventually.

Koodo

Banned
idwl said:
why do some of you guys say Godney? I'm not religious or anything, but I still find it irritating :p
an0e2g.jpg

Mau ®

I dont think either version is a demo. The song probably starts organically and then progresses into a full-on rave. Its typical will.i.am in that sense.

Godney covers OUT

110kk69.jpg

tumblr_lhssm7yy681qda16eo1_400.jpg

Im not gonna post the whole interview but rather some cute/interesting parts. If you want more, head out to OUT's website.

When was the first time you saw a Britney Spears drag queen?
In New Orleans singing "Slave 4 U." I almost died!

Are there any of your songs that you wish you hadn’t recorded/you don’t really love?
No. All of my songs are f–ing amazing.

My idea of heaven is...
A trip with my kids.

What is the best advice you’ve gotten and who was it from?
My mom said when you have a bad day, eat ice cream. That’s the best advice.

What is the worst advice a record executive ever told you?
Someone once told me that the "…Baby One More Time" video should be me as a superhero fighting a giant robot monster.

How would you feel if one of your sons turned out to be gay?
I love my boys no matter what.

Do you listen to your contemporaries’ music?
Yes. I love Gaga and Rihanna. Rihanna’s "S & M" is awesome.

What is the rumor that hurt the most?
That I had died in a car accident.

What women (living or dead) could make you think twice about your sexuality?
I only have eyes for men.

You’ve been married twice -- once for only 55 hours. How do you feel about gay marriage?
I think everyone should be treated equally.

Lady Gaga is...
Unique.

Christina Aguilera is...
Truly talented.

Britney Spears is...
ME!

Mau ®

in_the_zone_b0000dd7lb.jpg

For her fourth studio album Britney went all out. Shedding the last remnants of her clean Disney image, she decided to fully embrace her sexuality on In The Zone. For the album, Britney enlisted the help of producers out of her comfort zone like Moby, Bloodshy & Avant, Frou Frou's Sigsworth and R. Kelly while making a conscious decision to not work with longtime producer Max Martin (they would reunite 7 years later). As par for the course like in any pop star's "adult" album, Britney adressed a variety of topics like masturbation, boozing and sex (she even has an outtake on anal sex). The album spawned the monster hit "Toxic", which became #1 in over 40 countries.

Early Mornin'
Breathe on Me
Toxic
Everytime
Touch of my Hand

Cubsfan23

Banned
inthezone said:
in_the_zone_b0000dd7lb.jpg

For her fourth studio album Britney went all out. Shedding the last remnants of her clean Disney image, she decided to fully embrace her sexuality on In The Zone. For the album, Britney enlisted the help of producers out of her comfort zone like Moby, Bloodshy & Avant, Frou Frou's Sigsworth and R. Kelly while making a conscious decision to not work with longtime producer Max Martin (they would reunite 7 years later). As par for the course like in any pop star's "adult" album, Britney adressed a variety of topics like masturbation, boozing and sex (she even has an outtake on anal sex). The album spawned the monster hit "Toxic", which became #1 in over 40 countries.

Early Mornin'
Breathe on Me
Toxic
Everytime
Touch of my Hand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bemoNvQK46s

Koodo

Banned
inthezone said:
Where is my boy Toy Soldier at??!

I love ya'll Brit GAF stans but TS and me go way back, ya know?
lol I remember in my lurker days how you two were practically the sole devotees of the Circus album thread (especially towards the end of the era).

Gafney has sure expanded.

Mau ®

I I I wanna go o o o all the way y y y
Taking out my freak tonight
I I I wanna show ow ow all the dirt t t t
Woah!

Mau ®

Here are the youtube links for "I wanna Go" and "Inside Out" extended snippets

I Wanna Go

Inside Out

I wanna go needs to be the next single. Why are they fucking around with standard stuff like HIAM and TTWE when they got a fucking masterpiece right there.

BowieZ

Banned
Pretty lame bridge in Inside Out, otherwise it'd be the perfect ballad single. Pretty meh lyrics though.

I Wanna Go is definitely going to be the next single.

Mau ®

Here is PoP Justice's almost-review of Femme Fatale. Its a long read. Bolded the bits we all needed to hear.

So the recent history of Britney is a bit like this: recorded by a detached superstar at the height of some rather desperate lows, 'Blackout' quickly established itself as Britney's surprise masterpiece. Britney's next studio album was 'Circus'. Despite an amazing lead single 'Circus' sounded like the work of a popstar who was involved too much and too little at the same time, the victim of the sort of absent-minded hands-on approach that does more damage than good. 'Circus' was not the sort of album Britney Spears should have been making. It was, quite simply, not very good.

Well we had a listen to 'Femme Fatale' earlier. And here's the good news: 'Circus' feels like the work of a different artist. Here's the even better news: 'Femme Fatale' is another 'Blackout'. It's bursting with all that album's best bits - the slightly deranged production, the hard and dark spirit, the massive beats and the big tunes. And while it might be less of a surprise, as Britney is obviously pretty much back on top of things now, on first listen it might just be as much of a masterpiece. It's also a relief, because if 'Femme Fatale' had been a bit of a dog's dinner Britney-as-a-recording-artist would have been over.

To listen to 'Femme Fatale' we went over to Britney's label earlier tonight. The tracks only arrived in the UK at about 6pm, having been whizzed across the Atlantic via a spooky download link thing for internal use by Sony.

For anyone amused by the apparently tokenistic dubstep breakdown in 'Hold It Against Me' - and the genre's trademark gloomwobble did rather seem to appear from nowhere then disappear back there just as abruptly - the big news from 'Femme Fatale' is that the foray into dubstep was more than just flirtation. There's dubstep in the DNA of this album. It's rarely as blunt as in 'Hold It Against Me' - there's no "ooh look at me I'm dubstep" showboating - and 'Till The World Ends' is a far better indication of the album's sound. With some exceptions, this is a heavy, dark and dangerous-sounding Britney album. It's a sound you'll hear in 'Inside Out', one of various songs leaked so far in clip form.

Even the will.i.am track 'Big Fat Bass', which sounded unbearable on first listen and seemed likely to reinforce will.i.am's reputation for turning in the worst tracks on otherwise amazing female-fronted pop albums - sounds great. We made notes on the songs one by one and had prepared the title 'Big Fat Pile Of Shit' in anticipation of this song starting but, halfway through, we'd crossed that out. It was surprisingly bearable partly because the second clip that emerged is a far better reflection of the track and partly because the rest of the album makes sense of it.

Lyrically - well, on the surface it's about what happens when you go out and what happens when you get back home, and beneath the surface it may well turn out to be that too. Pop right now doesn't really feel like it needs another set of songs about how great it is to a) go clubbing and/or b) have sex, and 'Femme Fatale' is preoccupied by both those topics, but it feels like Britney manages to sidestep the clublolz trap in the usually awful David Guetta sense or that sometimes awful Ke$ha sense. 'Femme Fatale' is an album with a perfectly defined sound and a clearly established personality. It's a club record in the same sense 'Blackout' was. It hangs together, it makes you feel like having a bit of a dance. It's playful. Gone are the slightly laboured, joyless moments of 'Circus'.

Some tracks are fast and some are slow but the nearest 'Femme Fatale'-era Britney gets to a ballad is closing track 'Criminal' (clip here) which has the flavour of 'American Life'-era Madonna - the 'Intervention' and 'Love Profusion' sort of sound. Flute (FLUTE) and guitar are high in the mix here but with hefty, whalloping beats. To these ears it's a darkly comic song about a guy who's basically awful ("he's a killer just for fun fun fun") and whose various character flaws are described all the way through the verses until the chorus arrives with "but... Mama I'm in love with a criminal, and this type of love isn't rational, it's physical; Mama please don't cry i will be alrgiht, all reason aside I just can't deny, I love that guy". Typing those lyrics out it looks a bit bad. But it sounds great. Really great. And when the middle eight swings around we're in classic - and by classic we mean the 'Oops!' album - Britney territory. Coming moments before the album's end it's a brilliantly timed glimpse of the traditional tuneage that put Britney at the top of pop over a decade ago. It doesn't sound much like anything else on 'Femme Fatale', but what's interesting is that it doesn't jar either. Her new album may be stuffed with fantastically aggressive robopop but, at the end of the day, Britney's still Britney.

We'll be able to discuss the album in more detail in coming days via a track by track sort of review but the key points from this overview are:

1. No crap songs.

And that, really, is all you need to know.

Usual disclaimers apply: we heard it all the way through once, it might sound less amazing on repeated listens but, equally, it might end up getting even better.

This hasn't been a very well written review so apols for that but finally, if you're still reading, we would like to say a thing. From what we've heard from this album (which is the whole thing, bar deluxe edition bonus tracks) and from what we've heard of the Lady Gaga album, they are entirely different bodies of work with entirely different influences and objectives from two entirely different artists at entirely different stages in their respective careers. Between them they offer a fantastic account of pop music in 2011 and should be viewed as complementary, not contradictory. There is room for both. Let's all just try to get along.

And on that note why not pre-order the album here or purchase 'Till The World Ends' here? "Because I am a fool" is the only possible answer.

Read more: http://www.popjustice.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5336&Itemid=206#ixzz1GFa0jSEy

I I I Wanna Go sounds pretty awesome. Till The World Ends is completely forgettable, but the hook in I I I Wanna Go is friggin' SICK. Great job Britney
's producers/writers/editors

Mau ®

Album is starting to leak it seems. Drop Dead (Beautiful) leaked in full. I didnt DL it myself but you can look for it.

Koodo

Banned
BowieZ said:
All the songs link up to each other on the album.
How do you know this?

WAIT, DID IT LEAK.

Edit: I'm hearing all those megamixes right now. I might be ascending to a higher plane of existence.

Edit from another plane of existence: I arrived at this place after having only heard the extended snippets of Inside Out and I Wanna Go.

Edit onetwothree: Gasoline is the only song that isn't rubbing me the right way.

idwl

I really wanna hear 'Gasoline' and 'Big fat bass' the most. Gasoline sounds amazing from the megamix. I don't like Seal it with a kiss yet. Will see. But album sounds like her best so far.

Mau ®

I can't wait for I Wanna Go mostly. I'm loving everything so far. Although Im not too hot on Gasoline but a lot of people are going apeshit for it.

BowieZ

Banned
Lyrics in Inside Out are meh.

Love the breakdown!

Koodo said:
How do you know this?

WAIT, DID IT LEAK.
Nah, all four complete songs we've heard so far have small transitions at the end that would likely form a cohesive gap-free listening experience.

Estival

I'm obsessed with Inside Out. Drop Dead Beautiful is all right, but I've been waiting for Inside Out ever since that first 5 second preview.

Supposedly Big Fat Bass is next to leak?

EDIT: Nope, I Wanna Go just leaked. Amazing too. Inside Out is still the best one though.

Mau ®

I will just listen to it once and then discard it until it comes out.

Godney please forgive me for I will sin!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom