• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official FIFA World Cup 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBetts

adios_zidane_med.gif

adios_zidane_small.gif

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
WE WON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIATCH BIATCH BIATCH BIATCH BIATCH BIATCH BIATCH BIATCH BIATCH BIATCH BIATCH

And what a stupid way for ZIDANE to end his international career !!!

BUT WE WON

Kroole

Rabid Wolverine said:
With Video Referee's hopefully.

The officiating and calls made have been pathetic.

Wake up Fifa and get with the times!

One can only hope. Atleast start with observing the games afterwards and put a stop to all friggin' filmings that's destroying the WC.

Peru

When you lose it you lose it.. thoughts about career, match, the cup, everything else around you dissapear when such an instinct-attack as that clearly was occurs.

scarybore

the_geche said:
Raymon Domenech is a ****in Idiot if he would of kept Henry instead of putting Trezeguet in right now the ending would be very different

Who knows, penalty kicks is just such a horrible, random way to finish a match but there probably, sadly, ain't a better way to do it. I feel sorry for Trezeguet, but I think what Zidane did will likely take away the blame from him.

Personally I though France played better from the 2nd half on and deserved to win based on that, but honest to god WTF was Zidane doing? ****ing good headbutt though, would do well on the streets of Glasgow :lol But seriously what a stupid, horrible end to what was a amazing career.

NinSoX

Banned
damn it's impossible to go downtown Toronto now. The thick scent from all the gel in the hair triples Toronto's air pollution.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I guess the italian strategy worked -- don't make the opposing keeper do anything for so long that when it goes to shotouts he's not warmed up. :lol

sharkie

Zidane's sending off proves nothing in the end result, as it went to penalties his sending off is moot, people stop hating on Italy fact is in the future all thats remembered is that they were the 2006 World Cup champions end of.

P.S. I reiterate FORZA I'M NOT WASHING ITALIAN BALLS.

I don't often watch football, and after this I don't feel like watching for another four years. The worse team won because of a stupid penalty kick shootout. I also hate when this kind of shit happens in hockey... they should just continue playing sudden death rounds until someone makes a goal, no matter how long it takes.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
SpoonyBard said:
I don't often watch football, and after this I don't feel like watching for another four years. The worse team won because of a stupid penalty kick shootout. I also hate when this kind of shit happens in hockey... they should just continue playing sudden death rounds until someone makes a goal, no matter how long it takes.
The best team won, no point denying it. Second best team came in third :p

It broke my heart to see Zidane being sent off. I am sure he was justified in what he did, but either way this is SOCCER and if you look at a guy wrong you will get sent off. You have to know you will get thrown out for the littlest thing. He must have thought he was playing a man's game like rugby or something.

sharkie said:
Zidane's sending off proves nothing in the end result, as it went to penalties his sending off is moot, people stop hating on Italy fact is in the future all thats remembered is that they were the 2006 World Cup champions end of.

P.S. I reiterate FORZA I'M NOT WASHING ITALIAN BALLS.

I think it hurt France a lot. Zidane is a lock when it comes to PKs and he's their leader. I honestly couldn't have scripted this any better. Zidane went from a God to a bum....and frankly I love it.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
France was still far better than Italy after Zidane got carded. Unfortunately Italy's defence is quite strong and they are happy defending and doing nothing else. It's quite sad really.

Also, where is the outrage over the fact that Zidane only got the red card because the Italian players complained to the refs who clearly hadn't seen shit? At least the ref that red carded Rooney saw what happened. So I guess Buffon is no better than Ronaldo right?

the_geche

-**** Trezeguet for being a useless piece of shit
-**** Domench for taking out Ribery and Henry and putting on bitches like Trezeguet
-**** Barthez with his old can't save shit ass

sharkie

LJ11 said:
Why does Gattuso have his pants off? :lol

Guileless said:
WTF is with that postgame celebration? Taking your pants off and jumping around like 6 year olds on a trampoline?

Yoboman said:
Gattuso might've taken his pants off, but he was a great sportsman today, I'll give him that :)

Thats nothing in the Italian league on the final day when a team win the league the Fans rush the pitch and strip the whole team of they're cloths, and I'm not talkin about just shirt and shorts we're TALKING THE FULL MONTY BABY

the_geche said:
-**** Domench for taking out Ribery and Henry and putting on bitches like Trezeguet

Buffon didnt save shit either in the PKs.

the_geche said:

WTF?:lol :lol :lol

unifin

ForzaItalia said:
I think it hurt France a lot. Zidane is a lock when it comes to PKs and he's their leader. I honestly couldn't have scripted this any better. Zidane went from a God to a bum....and frankly I love it.

Why would you rejoice in something like that? One of the world's greatest players EVER losing his cool? That's not something to celebrate.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
WTF is with that postgame celebration? Taking your pants off and jumping around like 6 year olds on a trampoline?

snaildog

norinrad21 said:
good to know there will always be people like you who will find some lame excuse to something as hateful as racism
FFS, everyone knows racism is bad. Can't stand people who go on about it like they're saints. Every professional player should be able to block out that crap, for the good of the team.

cicero

ForzaItalia said:
Good thing Italy still has a glorious match-fixing scandal to blacken themselves with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom