• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official FIFA World Cup 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
ForzaItalia said:
He should leave joke attempts to people that are actually funny.
It's funny cause it's true :lol :lol

Cradle snatcher!

Anyway.. I am kinda disappointed in a way that I wasn't able to support the team I've ultimately loved since I was a kid and the bastards happened to win the damn Cup. Maybe I should do this more often.

Yoboman

Gold Member
Let us not forget the real champions of the world cup

socceroos-726673.jpg

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
I feel so sorry for Zidane. To end his career that was is heartbreaking. Everything he has ever accomplished will be overshadowed by that incidence. Zidane isnt the player who does thingss like that. I'm sure that Materazzi said something VERY offensive towards Zidane. He is algerian at origin and he is a muslim. Knowing Materazzi, he probably said something to do with that.

Red Scarlet

Sorry for the delay, maybe someone can photoshop the bottom part with TRANCE ZIDANE (put the back of his uniform with ZIDANE over the JP name) for a headbutt gif:

zidanetrance.png

go go go photoshop guys

Dunpeal

Banned
I'm sad for Zidane, and dissappointed at the sametime for what he did and happened to him.
Such a sad way to end it.... :(

But i'm happy that Italy won.

:D

LJ11

sharkie said:
Thats nothing in the Italian league on the final day when a team win the league the Fans rush the pitch and strip the whole team of they're cloths, and I'm not talkin about just shirt and shorts we're TALKING THE FULL MONTY BABY

:lol :lol :lol

Dilbert

psycho_snake said:
I'm sure that Materazzi said something VERY offensive towards Zidane.
You know what he said? He used the term "ball-washer," and mentioned that he was friends with this Greek guy pretending to be Italian on an internet message board. If that doesn't deserve a headbutt to the chest, then what DOES?

I do feel that France dominated the game, but Italy's defense is incredible. Italy as a team didn't necessarily deserve to win, but Italy's defense sure did. Golden ball to Cannavaro for sure. Buffon was surprisingly bad in PKs, but he has been incredible as well. Anyway you cut it I think France was the better team, but the better team doesn't always win the game.

psycho_snake

ForzaItalia said:
I think it hurt France a lot. Zidane is a lock when it comes to PKs and he's their leader. I honestly couldn't have scripted this any better. Zidane went from a God to a bum....and frankly I love it.
That proves how little you reallu know about football. Zidane has done more in football than any other person still playing the game. Its suchn a shame that he ended his career like that. he just lost his cool for one second of his whole career and its going to cost him so much. Atleast he's acheived a lot in his career, unlike totti who spat in someones face and has won just about **** all other than this world cup.

Tamanon

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
Sorry for the delay, maybe someone can photoshop the bottom part with TRANCE ZIDANE (put the back of his uniform with ZIDANE over the JP name) for a headbutt gif:

zidanetrance.png

go go go photoshop guys

Red, you're mdm?:p

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
-jinx- said:
You know what he said? He used the term "ball-washer," and mentioned that he was friends with this Greek guy pretending to be Italian on an internet message board. If that doesn't deserve a headbutt to the chest, then what DOES?
now you decide to step in and knock Forza back? :(

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Congrats to Italy!

Except for the guy that gave Zidane a purple nurple. That's mean. Check the video on youtube, he's definitely twisting it.

psycho_snake

-jinx- said:
I hope you werent referring to me, I've never mentioned that i was ever friends with forza.

Poor Zidane, he must be going through hell right now.

psycho_snake

neptunes said:
Everybody will forget this headbutt in a couple years, especially when everybody knows that's out his character.
Thats what should happen. Zidane has been the best footall player since maradona. he's done so much. His headbutt shouldnt overshadow his wonderful career.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Wow so ForzaItalia is truly a Greek? So technically his national side is not allowed to play anymore international games until FIFA say so?

HOLY SHIT

unifin

psycho_snake said:
Thats what should happen. Zidane has been the best footall player since maradona. he's done so much. His headbutt shouldnt overshadow his wonderful career.

Exactly. At any rate, his performance in the '98 cup completely trumps whatever he did in this Cup.

psycho_snake

Italy will lose in the finals of 2018.

1970 - Italy lost to Brazil in the final
1982 - Italy beat Germany in the final
1994 - Italy lost to brazil in the final
2006 - Italy beat France in the final

Notice a pattern?

woodchuck

I'm so dissapointed in Zidane, but realistically, that didn't lose them the game. France outplayed Italy the second half but just couldnt put the ball in the net. Dissapointing.

paul777

Banned
unifin said:
Exactly. At any rate, his performance in the '98 cup completely trumps whatever he did in this Cup.

Actually, he didn't do much in 98 besides the goals in the final. Ronaldo was the best player in that cup.

bionic77

Ugh, what a crappy final. You hate to see it end on penalty kicks and I really hated to see Zidane go totally crazy and head butt someone. I thought France totally outplayed Italy for almost the entire match. Italy really only threatened on three consecutive corner kicks (where Frace was lucky Italy only scored once).

Italy definitely showed a ton of heart though.

I am really interested in what Zidane will say after the match. I wonder if he was provoked or if he just went insane in front of a few billion people.

unifin

paul777 said:
Actually, he didn't do much in 98 besides the goals in the final. Ronaldo was the best player in that cup.

That's what I'm talking about. His performance in THAT final versus THIS final.

Hooker

Out of his character?! Come the **** on!!

He's amazing with the ball, but a short temper. He's always done stuff like this. Hell, he even did it this world-cup, the card he got against South Korea which earned him the suspension against Togo.

He did it at Juventus, he did it at Real. He did it at other big tournaments as well. Don't start acting like he's a ****ing saint because makes your weener hard whenever he touches the ball.

Italy won, and rightfully so! Accept it and congratulate them like a real man.

psycho_snake

unifin said:
You cant compare Zidane to any other player since maradona. He has done so much. I might be a little biased since Im half algerian and Zidane is originally algerian, but Zidane has done everything, he's made it to the top and he's managed to up his game and create something special when his team needs it. He did it in 98, he did it for real madrid in the CL final and he has done it on so many occasions. He just lost it for one second. Zidane has been one of the best role models for footballers, he has always acted in the right manner, but today he just lost it. Materazzi must have said something MASSIVE. Zidane knew what was at stake, not just for france but for him, so he must have been really hurt by what was said.

No need to guess. The better team didn't win. That is a fact.

Then why didn't the better team win? No, really, I want to hear this. After taking a dive in the box, and triceratopsing another player, how didn't the better team win? The Italian defense kept them from scoring. They needed to fake a fall in the box to score one point. Pathetic.

psycho_snake said:
I feel so sorry for Zidane. To end his career that was is heartbreaking. Everything he has ever accomplished will be overshadowed by that incidence. Zidane isnt the player who does thingss like that. I'm sure that Materazzi said something VERY offensive towards Zidane. He is algerian at origin and he is a muslim. Knowing Materazzi, he probably said something to do with that.

I totally agree, I am sure the Italian player told him something in Frensh or English so Zidane would understand, because I don't think Zidane wanted to end his career like this , I am sure he insulted him real bad.

ZIDANE FTW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom