• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GRAW 2 360/PC/PS3 page Hype Page

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Kabuki Waq said:
man i dont really wanna sign up with Ubisoft just to get the map but i think i have too
:(

Can't you just use a spam/fake email address and fake info and tie it to your gamertag?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Kabuki Waq said:
i thought you had to use a real one? the one used with xbl.

Well that sucks, I thought the Ubisoft account is a seperate thing. At least it isn't like EA where the instant you start a EA game, they automatically register your game and you get an EA email in your mailbox regardless if you play single or multiplayer

Man, I really want this game now. Up until its release, I was kinda weary, but I really feel like buying it now. I have it in my Gamefly queue and its available, but I gotta send Crackdown out first which I guess I'm gonna have to do tonight (hopefully it will still be available by the time I do so). If I end up liking it, I'll prolly end up buying it off Gamefly for $45 or whatever (speaking of which, if anyone has done this, are the cases/manuals they send in good condition?).

raYne

siamesedreamer said:
Hrmm......now you're confusing me.

RT is just for shooting your weapon.
He's talking about the tactical map that shows enemy positions. You activate that by going to the normal map first and then pulling RT.

SonnyBoy said:
Are the levels still sparse of human existence?
Why would you have a bunch of non-combatants roaming around a warzone?

Seriously.. ;)

You'll see a bunch of them while driving through the streets on the way to the next mission. Kids, adults, animals etc. Other than ambient sound effects, during the actual missions it's enemy and allies only.

FatalT

Banned
I just finished GRAW 2 on the elevated difficulty and I have to say, the single player experience may have been a little short but it was easily better than GRAW 1's. The missions and things you do are just so much more exhilarating and epic than the first game's. I LOVED Act 3.

FatalT said:
I just finished GRAW 2 on the elevated difficulty and I have to say, the single player experience may have been a little short but it was easily better than GRAW 1's. The missions and things you do are just so much more exhilarating and epic than the first game's. I LOVED Act 3.
How long did the campaign take you?

FatalT

Banned
Friendly fire in co-op campaigns by someone's guest is just amazing. Hey guy! Kill me again, will ya? Thanks!

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
UncleGuito said:
Man, I really want this game now. Up until its release, I was kinda weary, but I really feel like buying it now. I have it in my Gamefly queue and its available, but I gotta send Crackdown out first which I guess I'm gonna have to do tonight (hopefully it will still be available by the time I do so). If I end up liking it, I'll prolly end up buying it off Gamefly for $45 or whatever (speaking of which, if anyone has done this, are the cases/manuals they send in good condition?).

I've done this about 4 times now, and every time the manual/box is in fantastic condition. It doesn't even look like the manual was ever removed from the box, in fact. They seem to take the disc out and shelf the box in a safe place for all their games.

If you're going to buy used, Gamefly is the definite way to go. Much cheaper prices than EB used as well.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Does the game allow you to select time of day for every multiplayer map? They seemed pretty proud of their dynamic lighting engine, turning the tutorial map from morning to dusk in realtime...

raYne

FlyinJ said:
Does the game allow you to select time of day for every multiplayer map? They seemed pretty proud of their dynamic lighting engine, turning the tutorial map from morning to dusk in realtime...
Just a few.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
raYne said:
Just a few.

That's too bad. I was hoping that Ubi wouldn't be able to try to charge for "re-lit" maps in the future.

Is there any reason why only some maps allow it? It seems that that lighting engine is completely dynamic now... which would allow for realtime lighting changes across the board...

Given that fact, you should be able to set the exact time on any of the maps and the lighting would reflect it. Even cooler would be if you could set maps to "accelerated time", which would have the map slowly change from day to night as you play. Much like that Novalogic Battlefield clone did... which I can't remember the name of right now.

duk

Banned
I got this game free, can't wait to try it out. Didn't play the first one but I hope it's as good as R6.

Jirotrom

duk said:
I got this game free, can't wait to try it out. Didn't play the first one but I hope it's as good as R6.

Me too as I just rented it from work...I love R6 and if it wasn't for R6 I'd probably have traded in my 360 for a ps3 and VF5....I know its sad but I love fighting games.

Sean

Banned
Elevated Risk (Hard) is a complete joke so far. I can understand them wanting to make the easy mode more accessible to beginners, but don't screw with the hard mode damnit.

I've only died once so far, by the two helicopters near the end of act 2. And that's cause I was stupid and stood out in the open.

Campaign is awesome but it's short and easy.

One thing I wanna know about the multiplayer, why is the friend invite thing disabled?? We have to join the room and then tell each other what the name of the host/server is so the other person can join. This is for player matches I believe... am I doing something wrong or what's the reason behind it?

g23

European pre-madonna
Could you guys tell me if the epic musical implementation is still in the game...like the one we saw at the Airstrike gameplay video months ago?

Damn damn damn damn. I just finished the freakin' single-player campaign and I'm a little disappointed. Same reasons as the others, it's short (took me 5-6 hours) and pretty easy. The game was a lot of fun, but I guess I wasn't as wow'ed as much compared to when I played the previous game.

Treo360

Sean said:
Elevated Risk (Hard) is a complete joke so far. I can understand them wanting to make the easy mode more accessible to beginners, but don't screw with the hard mode damnit.

I've only died once so far, by the two helicopters near the end of act 2. And that's cause I was stupid and stood out in the open.

Campaign is awesome but it's short and easy.

One thing I wanna know about the multiplayer, why is the friend invite thing disabled?? We have to join the room and then tell each other what the name of the host/server is so the other person can join. This is for player matches I believe... am I doing something wrong or what's the reason behind it?

I's not broken, however it seems hit or miss lately, but you can invite friends.

eshwaaz

I'm about 1 1/2 hours into the campaign and really enjoying it so far. The one aspect I don't like is the sound balancing - the volume of your weapon is way too soft. Typically, enemy gunfire is louder than the sound of my own weapon firing since my gunfire doesn't seem to use the center speaker. What an odd design decision.

Woo-Fu

Banned
eshwaaz said:
I'm about 1 1/2 hours into the campaign and really enjoying it so far. The one aspect I don't like is the sound balancing - the volume of your weapon is way too soft. Typically, enemy gunfire is louder than the sound of my own weapon firing since my gunfire doesn't seem to use the center speaker. What an odd design decision.

Wait till you start getting the sound bugs. It didn't start on me till mid-2nd act but I started getting the infinite gun firing loop sound that people might be familiar with from playing R6:Vegas. Actually, thinking about it, it may have been tied to a specific weapon. I'll have to check and then just avoid that weapon in the future.

Campaign is short and easy, at least on the 360 version.

Nozi

Banned
I just played 3 hours of online with a friend. We did the co-op elimination mode on the lagoon map and the other tropical one, can't remember it's name.

It was the most online fun I've had in a long time.

The graphics are absolutely incredible, I couldn't believe they were doing all that in an online game.. totally believable worlds with incredible high res texturing and lighting. Ubisoft really excelled themselves on this one.

Weapons look fantastic when you fire them, sounds are great and its just an insanely good experience. I can't describe how much better this feels compared to the first one.

Sean

Banned
Beat it on hard with a play style of Ghost, #148 in the worldwide leaderboards bitches!

The new cross-com stuff is really great, I didn't use it at all in my first play through but did on my second time through (on hard). It's really cool to command your squad and see through their eyes while pointing out targets to them and such. I used it a lot in act 3 (last part). You can play the majority of the game without firing a shot by yourself if you wanted.

JB1981

Nozi said:
I just played 3 hours of online with a friend. We did the co-op elimination mode on the lagoon map and the other tropical one, can't remember it's name.

It was the most online fun I've had in a long time.

The graphics are absolutely incredible, I couldn't believe they were doing all that in an online game.. totally believable worlds with incredible high res texturing and lighting. Ubisoft really excelled themselves on this one.

Weapons look fantastic when you fire them, sounds are great and its just an insanely good experience. I can't describe how much better this feels compared to the first one.

Seriously? Other than cross-com 2.0, MP plays exactly like the original.

Nozi

Banned
JB1981 said:

The controls feel tighter to me. Maybe the graphical overhaul is clouding my senses.. either way the game is superb.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Woo-Fu said:
Wait till you start getting the sound bugs. It didn't start on me till mid-2nd act but I started getting the infinite gun firing loop sound that people might be familiar with from playing R6:Vegas. Actually, thinking about it, it may have been tied to a specific weapon. I'll have to check and then just avoid that weapon in the future.

Campaign is short and easy, at least on the 360 version.

I've gotten the gunfire sound loop bug a lot of times. I've also gotten the "world is constantly shaking" bug a few times. One time when I had the world is shaking bug, the game actually froze my PS3 and required a hard reboot.

Treo360

JB1981 said:

No, just no. Aside from CC 2.0, the controls are tighter, the weapon effects are different (the SAW kicks ass) Knee slides, healing. "Realistic" NGV's.

Yep, mp plays like the original to me. /rolls eyes

JB1981

Treo360 said:
No, just no. Aside from CC 2.0, the controls are tighter, the weapon effects are different (the SAW kicks ass) Knee slides, healing. "Realistic" NGV's.

Yep, mp plays like the original to me. /rolls eyes

There's some new weapons and there's cross-com 2.0. The core gameplay is EXACTLY the same. They improved (i.e. fixed) the previously broken respawn system, added some weapons (that changes the gameplay?) and delivered some new maps that have better lighting. They enhanced/fixed some things. But, overall, it's the same game. And no, the controls are not "tighter." Every gun from the previous game feels precisely the same.

FatalT

Banned
JB1981 said:
There's some new weapons and there's cross-com 2.0. The core gameplay is EXACTLY the same. They improved (i.e. fixed) the previously broken respawn system, added some weapons (that changes the gameplay?) and delivered some new maps that have better lighting. They enhanced/fixed some things. But, overall, it's the same game. And no, the controls are not "tighter." Every gun from the previous game feels precisely the same.

You failed to mention a major aspect which can change any battle...HEALING. Could you revive fallen teammates in GRAW 1? No. You also failed to mention the drastic changes to night vision which eliminates the NVG Whores from GRAW 1. Good job.

Treo360

JB1981 said:

Sorry, but added weapons do change the way you play the game, as does the respawn zones (which in some maps are still broken) hell even the new lighting changes the way you play the game, giving you an actual ability to hide in the shadows. This comes from a person who has played the original for the last three weeks straight and then migrated to the sequel.

If the core gameplay is to shoot people, then you're right, it hasn't changed much, because you still do that.

Shit, almost forgot that now you can heal people, thus changing the way the game is played too.

The controls issue is at best subjective, I feel that it has been tightened. You feel it hasn't. Chalk it up to differing opinions.

BTW how much multi have you logged with this? Cause I assure you this plays a hell of alot different that COD 3 Unless you played as guest with someone else's 360 then I apologize.

FatalT said:
You failed to mention a major aspect which can change any battle...HEALING. Could you revive fallen teammates in GRAW 1? No. You also failed to mention the drastic changes to night vision which eliminates the NVG Whores from GRAW 1. Good job.

i am starting to think JB might have a *slight * bias.

JB1981

Treo360 said:
Sorry, but added weapons do change the way you play the game, as does the respawn zones (which in some maps are still broken) hell even the new lighting changes the way you play the game, giving you an actual ability to hide in the shadows. This comes from a person who has played the original for the last three weeks straight and then migrated to the sequel.

If the core gameplay is to shoot people, then you're right, it hasn't changed much, because you still do that.

Shit, almost forgot that now you can heal people, thus changing the way the game is played too.

The controls issue is at best subjective, I feel that it has been tightened. You feel it hasn't. Chalk it up to differing opinions.

BTW how much multi have you logged with this? Cause I assure you this plays a hell of alot different that COD 3 Unless you played as guest with someone else's 360 then I apologize.

I actually never play COD 3 MP. I beat the singleplayer on normal and got through about half of it on Veteran (wanted the achievements). My brother, however, plays COD 3 online all the time. As far as GRAW, I played the crap out of the first one and I've played a few rounds of the multiplayer demo. Graw 2 should be arriving from Gamefly in a couple of days. In terms of lighting, the first game had HDR, which allowed you to camp in the shadows as well. I often used night vision on daylight maps because I couldn't see shit in shaded areas. I understand that the new game has some new features, but imo, they are very small additions. My biggest hope for the sequel was the addition of a cover system from the single player campaign. That would have been a really nice addition and would have really changed the game mechanics, imo.

Treo360

JB1981 said:
I actually never play COD 3 MP. I beat the singleplayer on normal and got through about half of it on Veteran (wanted the achievements). My brother, however, plays COD 3 online all the time. As far as GRAW, I played the crap out of the first one and I've played a few rounds of the multiplayer demo. Graw 2 should be arriving from Gamefly in a couple of days. In terms of lighting, the first game had HDR, which allowed you to camp in the shadows as well. I often used night vision on daylight maps because I couldn't see shit in shaded areas. I understand that the new game has some new features, but imo, they are very small additions. My biggest hope for the sequel was the addition of a cover system from the single player campaign. That would have been a really nice addition and would have really changed the game mechanics, imo.

Actually I was taking a dig on you commenting on playing the retail version of GRAW 2 in Multi-player while pointing out the last game that you played was in fact COD 3:lol

The cover system in multi works just fine imo, I understand that the series has taken a more third person shooter stance, much to my dismay, however to use a cover system like that of it's sp experience or even ala R6:V, will turn the game into
rich, creamy shit :p in multi. Taking a peak from around cover does the job just fine, a blind fire system, a true blind fire, and not that crap that you can aim ala GoW would be fine as well.

Treo360

Fatal I'm booting up now for some multi. Sorry for last night daughter pulled down my router (grrrrrr) besides I had been playing GRAW for 10+ hours anyways!:lol :lol :lol

JB1981

Treo360 said:
Actually I was taking a dig on you commenting on playing the retail version of GRAW 2 in Multi-player while pointing out the last game that you played was in fact COD 3:lol

The cover system in multi works just fine imo, I understand that the series has taken a more third person shooter stance, much to my dismay, however to use a cover system like that of it's sp experience or even ala R6:V, will turn the game into
rich, creamy shit :p in multi. Taking a peak from around cover does the job just fine, a blind fire system, a true blind fire, and not that crap that you can aim ala GoW would be fine as well.

Yeah, but I don't play COD 3 online (it's not the last game I played either) so your dig is pointless. Are you suggesting that GRAW 2 MP retail is different than the demo?

If so, explain to me all the ways in which it is. I'd like to hear about this markedly different MP experience that I'm missing out on.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Finally started with Single Player campaign today - holy crap the game looks phenomial! I must say that the music is really implemented in a powerful way too, even more than in the first one!

But I must agree, Elevated Risk (i.e., Hard Mode) is a joke so far - this isn't even what I'd call Easy! So glad I decided to start on that first...

I'm really enjoying these first few hours of Act 1, and I'm so glad that I decided not to skip on this one - the graphics and insane lighting are really impressing me right now, to the point that I might even give this another playthrough when I'm finished...

Can't believe how impressed I am with Ubisoft on this one...

FatalT

Banned
Treo360 said:
Fatal I'm booting up now for some multi. Sorry for last night daughter pulled down my router (grrrrrr) besides I had been playing GRAW for 10+ hours anyways!:lol :lol :lol

Haha that's okay. I was wondering where you went and laughed at your lifeless body slumping to the ground when the match started. I'm at work right now but I get off in an hour so I'll have to hit you up for some games later today!

Treo360

JB1981 said:
Yeah, but I don't play COD 3 online (it's not the last game I played either) so your dig is pointless. Are you suggesting that GRAW 2 MP retail is different than the demo?

If so, explain to me all the ways in which it is. I'd like to hear about this markedly different MP experience that I'm missing out on.

Forget it dude. that went way over your head and then some, however this is more my fault then yours, as my point was poorly written. Regardless, commenting on a demo is a best disingenuous, but I'm not going to argue your opinion, you say nothing has changed, then I guess nothing has changed in your opinion, for some others and myself who have played GRAW it has.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
"Elevated Risk" is so easy that I'm thinking there is a bug with it. Something just isn't right. GRAW1 was twice as hard as this on normal difficulty.

Seeing how no reviews have mentioned how easy the single player is, it makes me lean even further into the "bug" camp.

PleoMax

Banned
I'm playing in normal...and i don't find this game easier than the 1st.

So, i dunno wtf is going on, but you guys saying that elevated Risk is easy as **** is very confusing to me.

Variable

PleoMax said:
I'm playing in normal...and i don't find this game easier than the 1st.

So, i dunno wtf is going on, but you guys saying that elevated Risk is easy as **** is very confusing to me.

I find it much easier, im playing on the hardest mode. The trick is that you have to take it slow.

PeteJ

FlyinJ said:
"Elevated Risk" is so easy that I'm thinking there is a bug with it. Something just isn't right. GRAW1 was twice as hard as this on normal difficulty.

Seeing how no reviews have mentioned how easy the single player is, it makes me lean even further into the "bug" camp.
I don't think it's any bug, the game just doesn't have the anywhere near the amount of enemies attacking you. I've not finished yet (end of Act2) but so far only one moment has captured that same feeling of chaos as the first game.

That said, everything else about this sequel is better.

Top Bottom