• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GRAW 2 360/PC/PS3 page Hype Page

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Variable said:
I find it much easier, im playing on the hardest mode. The trick is that you have to take it slow.

I'm actually thinking that the hard mode is bugged in GRAW2, and that normal is actually harder.

Everyone who is complaining about the difficulty being too easy is playing through on elevated, and everyone who says it's tough is playing through on normal.

Woo-Fu

Banned
FlyinJ said:
I've gotten the gunfire sound loop bug a lot of times. I've also gotten the "world is constantly shaking" bug a few times. One time when I had the world is shaking bug, the game actually froze my PS3 and required a hard reboot.

Yeah, I got that one a couple times too. Curious that the same bugs exist on both platforms, <cough> lazy port <cough>.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Woo-Fu said:
Yeah, I got that one a couple times too. Curious that the same bugs exist on both platforms, <cough> lazy port <cough>.

I'm sorry. I was actually experiencing these bugs on my 360, not my PS3. I haven't tried the PS3 SKU of GRAW2.

Treo360

GRAW 2 is evil.

Kingpen and another friend on my list were trying for the defender achievement were going strong for about 50 minutes, on the 53rd minute a huge swarm of Mexican insurgents overran our position. I mean we were expecting a surge but not that soon.

Ugh. GRAW 2 is Evil.

Haven't run into any of the above mentioned bugs that are spoken about here, as for the difficulty level, Elevated was "harder" than the rest. Sucks that it's been giving others problems.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Treo360 said:
GRAW 2 is evil.

Kingpen and another friend on my list were trying for the defender achievement were going strong for about 50 minutes, on the 53rd minute a huge swarm of Mexican insurgents overran our position. I mean we were expecting a surge but not that soon.

Ugh. GRAW 2 is Evil.

Haven't run into any of the above mentioned bugs that are spoken about here, as for the difficulty level, Elevated was "harder" than the rest. Sucks that it's been giving others problems.

Heh... I just got my Defender Achievement with a few of my friends and the rest made up of a bunch of cool guys... after about 5 tries that is...

The last two games I hosted had 16 players, and two tries before the last, we actually lasted 53 minutes as well - damn that sucked... but the round that was the winner had me and two friends plus one of the other guys as the last 4 survivors... it was a good feeling for me, the survivors and the rest of the fallen soldiers spectating the battle hearing the Achievement Unlocked blip at the end of the match... ahhhhh

Made me think back on the one or two strangers that died about 10 minutes into the match - and left the room... hahahahaha!

I must say that this was quite possibly the most fun Achievement I've ever earned, since it really takes a group effort, and cannot be glitched or boosted to get - and this is why I'm so addicted to Achievements - kudos to whoever at Ubi came up with the idea for that Achievement - anymore great moments like these in GRAW2, and I might actually become a fan of this series!

mikeGFG

Banned
What a crock of shit. Best Buy would not let me price match becuase Fry's advertised prices are subject to change the day after they're printed.

**** you, smarmy customer service representatives. And **** you, price guarantee technicalities!

Treo360

Skilotonn said:
Heh... I just got my Defender Achievement with a few of my friends and the rest made up of a bunch of cool guys... after about 5 tries that is...

The last two games I hosted had 16 players, and two tries before the last, we actually lasted 53 minutes as well - damn that sucked... but the round that was the winner had me and two friends plus one of the other guys as the last 4 survivors... it was a good feeling for me, the survivors and the rest of the fallen soldiers spectating the battle hearing the Achievement Unlocked blip at the end of the match... ahhhhh

Made me think back on the one or two strangers that died about 10 minutes into the match - and left the room... hahahahaha!

I must say that this was quite possibly the most fun Achievement I've ever earned, since it really takes a group effort, and cannot be glitched or boosted to get - and this is why I'm so addicted to Achievements - kudos to whoever at Ubi came up with the idea for that Achievement - anymore great moments like these in GRAW2, and I might actually become a fan of this series!

WTF??? I just did defender, did you have respawn on or off? I didn't get the achievement :(

Where the **** does Act 2 end?

I just
rescued the downed helicopter pilot and am now back in Jaurez trying to get the remaining two nukes
and I still haven't gotten the achievements.

Also, I believe there's a bug with the "Enforcer" achievement. Its where you have to kill 5 human opponents in 30 seconds. I was able to get it in two seperate matches. I guess I killed 4 guys somewhat quickly in a row at the end of one match because after my first kill in the next match I got it. Seems a little weird......

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Treo360 said:
WTF??? I just did defender, did you have respawn on or off? I didn't get the achievement :(

Respawns MUST be off - if you turn respawns on, it makes it a Custom game, and that doesn't count - it's gotta be Defend, not Custom...

siamesedreamer said:

I just
rescued the downed helicopter pilot and am now back in Jaurez trying to get the remaining two nukes
and I still haven't gotten the achievements.

Also, I believe there's a bug with the "Enforcer" achievement. Its where you have to kill 5 human opponents in 30 seconds. I was able to get it in two seperate matches. I guess I killed 4 guys somewhat quickly in a row at the end of one match because after my first kill in the next match I got it. Seems a little weird......

I got my Enforcer legit, and a friend of mine was asking if we could possibly convince the room of 16 people to help him get it, I said "good luck with that"! :lol

...then he gets it about 5 games later, and he said all he did was kill two people - WTF? The ten gamertag-requirement made it much more harder to boost, but damn it, it really looks like it turned out to be glitched... that sucks...

NEEEEEHAW!!!!

Just finished Act One and damn is this a fun-ass game. Classic GRAWction, but really refined. Having your team act as recon and first wave somehow seemed a lot easier to manage in this game. And the graphics are just flat out ridiculous.

Oh, but Treo360, send me another Clan Invite. I think they've been really wacked out and for a while I couldn't hit the clan server and when I finally did, and could accept the invite, it disappeared when I accepted and I still wasn't a member of the clan. I'd heard some chatter that MS reset the clans?

Anyways, send me another invo when you get a chance.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Hmmmm... there may be some truth to this difficulty glitch after all - my friend who's also playing on Elevated Risk tells me that he doesn't even bother to bring a Medic, seeing that it's always a one-hit death for him... I was like, "huh?" seeing as even upclose when I just stand around in the open for the hell of it, I usually get yellow damage, and occasionally red damage - and I have yet to die in a single hit... never happened even once...

For what it's worth, when he first put the game in, he went straight to SP, while I went to MP...

FatalT

Banned
Skilotonn said:
Hmmmm... there may be some truth to this difficulty glitch after all - my friend who's also playing on Elevated Risk tells me that he doesn't even bother to bring a Medic, seeing that it's always a one-hit death for him... I was like, "huh?" seeing as even upclose when I just stand around in the open for the hell of it, I usually get yellow damage, and occasionally red damage - and I have yet to die in a single hit... never happened even once...

For what it's worth, when he first put the game in, he went straight to SP, while I went to MP...
What's this? A difficulty glitch? I went straight to SP when I played too and was on Elevated Risk. No trouble at all and it was fairly easy. :(

Fvcking hell, I was totally right about lack of heat vision being invitation for camp-fest. Nice fvcking job, Ubi. It's a camper's paradise in vs multiplayer.

After I get the achievements for coop, this thing is getting sold.

Can someone answer this for me:

siamesedreamer said:

I just
and I still haven't gotten the achievements for beating Act 2.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'm pretty far into Act 2 too and I'm past a point where it feels like it should have been over. I'm guessing Act 3 is like 5 minutes long.

Treo360

Shogmaster said:
Fvcking hell, I was totally right about lack of heat vision being invitation for camp-fest. Nice fvcking job, Ubi. It's a camper's paradise in vs multiplayer.

The game is fine. Later

BenjaminBirdie said:
NEEEEEHAW!!!!

Just finished Act One and damn is this a fun-ass game. Classic GRAWction, but really refined. Having your team act as recon and first wave somehow seemed a lot easier to manage in this game. And the graphics are just flat out ridiculous.

Oh, but Treo360, send me another Clan Invite. I think they've been really wacked out and for a while I couldn't hit the clan server and when I finally did, and could accept the invite, it disappeared when I accepted and I still wasn't a member of the clan. I'd heard some chatter that MS reset the clans?

Anyways, send me another invo when you get a chance.

Clans are disabled right now, UBI is working on a fix.

JB1981

Just got the game today from Gamefly and so far I'm really liking it. Cross-com 2.0 adds a whole new dimension to the game, particularly in heated gun battles. It makes the game a lot more strategic. I'm digging MP so far as well. I might buy this.

JB1981 said:
Just got the game today from Gamefly and so far I'm really liking it. Cross-com 2.0 adds a whole new dimension to the game, particularly in heated gun battles. It makes the game a lot more strategic. I'm digging MP so far as well. I might buy this.

Yeah, it definitely makes it so much easier and more fluid to control your squad and direct them to shoot people. GRAW (which I actually still have to finish!) was a really great experience, but there was a lot that I just "got used to" and worked around. There are no such problems in this game. It's such a smoother experience. Really loving the game.

JdFoX187

Banned
Loved G.R.A.W.'s single player, never could get into the multiplayer. For some reason, I love the multiplayer on G.R.A.W. 2 despite them being nearly the same. Also love the Quick Mission mode.

rage1973

Is it me or is the coop achievement a real bitch to get? Me and my friend were playing split screen coop for about 3+ hours last night and we did not finish it once and we are both decent players.

Treo360

rage1973 said:
Is it me or is the coop achievement a real bitch to get? Me and my friend were playing split screen coop for about 3+ hours last night and we did not finish it once and we are both decent players.

Which one? 1-2 you can complete on your own, however 3-6 require a minimum of 2 players.

Yeah, I think they are really tough. You've gotta be smart and take it slow.

And don't try to get them by joining random games through the match finding - those people are ****ing idiots. I tried it about 4 or 5 times yesterday and every time my entire squad was dead within the first 2 minutes.

Just finished the campaign on Medium difficulty.

:lol @ the ending.

"Noooooo Mitchell, don't you die on us!"
*explosion*
"Oh shit he's still alive, SOMEONE GET A MEDIC!"
*end*

Other than that, didn't like the single player as much as the original Advanced Warfighter, despite the improved gameplay and graphics. While it did have some surprises, it felt like Ubisoft was trying too hard to make this game as cinematic as possible. Act 1 was a decent start, Act 2 had some great moments, but Act 3 ultimately fell flat.

Not looking forward to the multiplayer either: didn't like it in Ghost Recon 2 and I sure as hell won't like it in Advanced Warfighter 2, seeing how they practically share all the same mistakes.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I only bought the game for MP (same with GRAW1, I don't like squad-based shooters with AI), but I'm liking it so far. Lost Planet had been my main MP fix as of late, so it's hard to go back to it after playing GRAW2; LP's controls are just so slow and clunky. GRAW is like butter.

Still, there are certain things that I really can't believe haven't been improved on from the first game. There's still no stat tracking, even though there are still achievements that call for a certain number of kills recorded, etc. The custom game search is still ridiculously slow, and there's still that annoying "feature" where if you join a game that ends up being full, it boots you all the way back to the menu so that you have to search AGAIN. There still doesn't seem to be control customization/southpaw options, even though I remember that being a pretty big complaint with the first game. I mean, even the menu systems are all basically the same.

To be fair, I do like the non-cheese nightvision, ability to stay in ranked rooms, more weapons, etc. It's just those little things that a sequel usually fixes that are bugging me. Plus, I haven't had any disconnects/headset issues, which ruined the first GRAW for me (I hope I didn't just jinx myself).

JB1981

I hopped onto some online this afternoon and got dropped from every game I played. I'm halfway through the game, enjoying myself and getting a hang of some of the new maps - game pauses and I get a "Game session is no longer available' message every time.

What is this shit?

Treo360

JB it could be NAT problems either on your end or one of the players. I know I had this problem myself as well as some other players that I play with on a regular basis. Once we resolved these problems it's been virtually lag free GRAW bliss.

Oh I love the use of Claymores. My new best friend :D

JB1981 said:
I hopped onto some online this afternoon and got dropped from every game I played. I'm halfway through the game, enjoying myself and getting a hang of some of the new maps - game pauses and I get a "Game session is no longer available' message every time.

What is this shit?

honestly i never got this and i have a crappier connection than you. I really think it might be something on your side.

JB1981

Treo360 said:
JB it could be NAT problems either on your end or one of the players. I know I had this problem myself as well as some other players that I play with on a regular basis. Once we resolved these problems it's been virtually lag free GRAW bliss.

Oh I love the use of Claymores. My new best friend :D

How did you resolve the problem? What should my NAT settings be? I have no such problems with other games on Xbox Live.

just ran a network test and my NAT is open

Treo360

JB1981 said:
How did you resolve the problem? What should my NAT settings be? I have no such problems with other games on Xbox Live.

just ran a network test and my NAT is open

If you're NAT is indeed open, then it could be the other player's NAT. We had this issue as I've mentioned where a certain combination of players could not be on at the same time, or if they were games would freeze up or not start at all. Most of them just connect directly without using a router, whereas I just reset my router settings (disabling my router is not an option as I need to have all 5 computers online) and that cleared up my strict NAT problem that mysteriously sprang up.

Again remember the problem does not necessarily have to be on your end, also what are the sizes of the rooms that you play in? 16 players is still hit and miss sometimes all it takes is for one person to have a real shitty connection to throw it out of whack.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
Shogmaster said:

You never stop do you? It's been said WAY too many times, but this isn't run and gun no matter how much you want it to be. It's called a TACTICAL shooter for a reason. Seriously, your complaining is like someone b!tching that another player is ducked behind a wall in GeOW because they're watching your retard arse walk right up to them then.....BAM! Or Sonic shouldn't move fast because Mario doesn't. SHUT UP!

FrankT

Just got this in, looks stunning. The lighting and the explosions are some the best I've seen in-game bar none. Also got a patch on start. What's that all about?

Just beat it on Elevated Risk.

I think I actually liked it better than the first one. It was certainly more cinematic and the levels seemed a lot more open ended. I also happen to think its the best looking game I've ever seen.

Off to get all the single player achievements now.....

tegdf

Jtyettis said:
Just got this in, looks stunning. The lighting and the explosions are some the best I've seen in-game bar none. Also got a patch on start. What's that all about?

pretty sure that's for the Nowhere map so you can download it, but you have to have a ubisoft account (free btw)

FrankT

Just got done with the first chapter,
the Air Strike at the end is just insanely awesome
. Loving the cinematics of this thing and the night vision goggles are some of the best I've seen in-game. Can't wait to start some co-op with this thing.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
siamesedreamer said:
Just beat it on Elevated Risk.

I think I actually liked it better than the first one. It was certainly more cinematic and the levels seemed a lot more open ended. I also happen to think its the best looking game I've ever seen.

Wow. Really? That's quite a statement. I should have my copy tonight.

Nozi

Banned
siamesedreamer said:
I also happen to think its the best looking game I've ever seen.

The more I play it, the more I am beginning to think the same thing. Not only is the SP beautiful, some of the online maps like Lagoon are incredible, too. As for explosions, smoke and so on.. no other game has effects like these.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Got 1000/1000 points last evening - other than the 60 minute Achievement, this time around, GRAW2's Achievements really are so much easier!

But hats off to Ubi - the graphics in SP really are amazing - I really dug the style and the details in the buildings and lighting, as well as how far you could see... good job...

Variable

I am really enjoying this game. They seem to have polished and fixed all the problems with the first game (other then the R6 style hide behind cover system).

Treo360

Why are so many people so damned afraid of playing with explosives? Sigh. I just went searching for some games and neaarly all of them had them turned off. Launchers I can live without, but I have to have my claymores :p

Xamdou

I finished SP last weekend and I've had no slowdowns or freezes compared to the occasional freezes in the first Graw. I've had no freezes in multi-player but I've seen a lot of people drop in games because the host can't support full 16 players but I never drop myself.

The SP for Graw 2 is much shorter, but I found it sweeter because of the much improved explosions and commanding your squad/vehicles via FPS view.

JdFoX187

Banned
Drops are horrendous. I told poor Beamber I had only been dropped twice since I started. When I actually started playing vs. multiplayer instead of co-op, I got dropped the first four games I played. Then the final two games, I got quite a way in, then I got dropped. I gave up on it. Ubi needs to learn how to program network code.

DaCocoBrova said:
Wow. Really? That's quite a statement. I should have my copy tonight.

Yeah, I guess I'm a fan of bloom lighting. The night levels don't look nearly as good as the day levels. But, the day levels are unreal.

siamesedreamer said:
Yeah, I guess I'm a fan of bloom lighting. The night levels don't look nearly as good as the day levels. But, the day levels are unreal.
Depends on the level or which time of day. GRAW 2 is a clear improvement over GRAW 1, no doubt about that, but I miss the frequency of HDR lighting seen in the first one. You don't see it that much in 2, which makes the bad textures in some levels all the more obvious. Overall performance is greatly improved though: a noticeably smoother framerate, more attention to details and less screen tearing to boot? Capital!

On another note: I find the GRAW 2's campaign too cinematic and I dislike how they changed the voices of some (albeit minor) characters. No fan of their 'third-person' cutscenes either, while they mainly (if not solely) used first-person cutscenes in GRAW 1.

Treo360

Don't forget people that if you play this weekend you get a chance to win some free downloads (you should have received something in your spam box from xbl)

Top Bottom