• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official January NPD 2007 Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Cheesemeister said:
Tell me, where can one order one of those awesome sweaters?

Shouldn't you be eagerly anticipating Media Create numbers, so you can have them on page 1 of the thread within 7 seconds?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Oblivion said:
Bunkum, can you call up the NPD President and ask him if he'd mind giving out the numbers early? Maybe if you say 'pretty please'?
He blocked bunkum's number. :(

bunkum

Simce they are not out my prediction is

WII > 360 > DS > PS2 > PS3 > GBA > PSP > GCN > XBOX

but what do I know?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I dug around in the vgcharts boards via google/digg, and the user "bunkum" has posted legit NPD data there in the past. (I can link to the post if necessary).

I'm guessing that while he may have been pulling a fast one on VGCharts... that was definitely him.

Brimstone

my reputation is Shadowruined
Hiro_Kunimi_80 said:
why? 220k+ in January is not bad at all for X360, same level of the past year at the same price :)

Well, January last year wasn't 5 weeks, but still anytime a system is over 200,000 for the month that is good.

Scotch

RubxQub said:
I dug around in the vgcharts boards via google/digg, and the user "bunkum" has posted legit NPD data there in the past. (I can link to the post if necessary).

I'm guessing that while he may have been pulling a fast one on VGCharts... that was definitely him.
The plot thickens...

mj1108

bunkum said:
Simce they are not out my prediction is

WII > 360 > DS > PS2 > PS3 > GBA > PSP > GCN > XBOX

but what do I know?

See what you've done? I hope you're happy. This thread will now be at least another 3 pages.

Mifune said:
1310capture_usualsuspects03.jpg

SonyCowboy always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is NPD Thursdays.

holy shit that was awesome

909er

RubxQub said:

It's possible that Bunkum was fake, posting copied numbers after the legit ones were posted here or elsewhere.

bunkum

RubxQub said:

Keep digging you may find fools gold

zsidane

RubxQub said:

Exact. the user bunkum on VGC posted complete december NPD numbers (just like the old days) so I just don't know what to think.
Also, the numbers posted on VGC hasn't been stated as NPD numbers, but bunkum on there has been banned... weird.

zsidane said:
Exact. the user bunkum on VGC posted complete december NPD numbers (just like the old days) so I just don't know what to think.
Also, the numbers posted on VGC hasn't been stated as NPD numbers, but bunkum on there has been banned... weird.
the plot thickens................

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
bunkum said:
Keep digging you may find fools gold
Who would go through all the trouble of pretending to be you, posting real NPD figures in VGCharts' forums back in November to gain legitimacy... and then post fake numbers today?

There is no way that isn't you.

bunkum

Just had an update to say my earlier update is correct but not to say anything as its not confirmed, but as I wasn't allowed to say what the earlier update was it probably will only confuse folks, so lets say the updates been updated and will be updated tomorrow, subject to previous update.

Xeke

Banned
RubxQub said:
Who would go through all the trouble of pretending to be you, posting real NPD figures in VGCharts' forums back in November to gain legitimacy... and then post fake numbers today?

There is no way that isn't you.

You'd be surprised.

transmission2.jpg

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
bunkum said:
Just had an update to say my earlier update is correct but not to say anything as its not confirmed, but as I wasn't allowed to say what the earlier update was it probably will only confuse folks, so lets say the updates been updated and will be updated tomorrow, subject to previous update.

wtf?

dejan

bunkum said:

my head hurts ...

Grecco

bunkum said:

Que?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom