• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Killzone 2 (PS3) Reveal Thread E307 - DELIVERS! (All info in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wollan said:
Funny that megaupload banned Poland. Killzone 1 was the best selling game there ever on any platform in videogame history.

its not really blocked per se. all it says is that all connections to that country are busy/in use bla bla whatnot.

MickeyKnox said:
Cablevision, in Brooklyn.

I've uploaded at higher rates before though. Also for non-torrents I can get like 1,200kb/s down.
Geez, how much do you pay? I feel really gipped by comcast right (Comcast a rip off? SHOCKING!!)

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
Looks amazing. The animation and expression is so smooth compared to the Too Human trailer I watched just before this. Clearly doesn't come close to the CG stuff but everyone knew it never would. Are there going to be hands-on impressions this E3?

Fight for Freeform said:
Just ignore them. Some people here are acting like they've never seen a next gen game before. Just nod your head and moonwalk away.

15KB/s torrent...bah!

eh, if you only moonwalk they'll know you are a rookie...only beginners play that shit

jk sort of

Orlics said:
Read my post man.

yea i know, i tried installing but to install, i need to close all my IE windows, which i dont wanna do =(. i'm still holding out and praying to my torrent though. if it doesnt pick up, i'll resort to the megaupload toolbar i suppose

I just watched this and the 2005 trailer back to back. The difference is undeniable, they have obviously not matched the CGI quality (which I believe Sony had announced they TOPPED) but the game looks good. Despite all the hype, it doesn't look as good as Gears. The texture quality is pretty low in places, and the environments lack a lot of detail. As for the gameplay, it looks like a generic FPS.

Yeah have a Gears avatar, feel free to flame me. Whatever.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
I'm seeding the torrent (acquired the .zip from... somewhere else) but my connection only goes up to about 50KBps upload. Every little bit helps I guess =\

Looks absolutely incredible, btw.

bud

holy **** :lol

it looks so close to that cg trailer, the part when they show them on the ground, omg. yeah, some of the textures are incredibly washed out but it has the same feel and intensity as the trailer 2 years ago. gg :bow

FightyF

Banned
nelsonroyale said:
eh, if you only moonwalk they'll know you are a rookie...only beginners play that shit

jk sort of

*nods head*

*does the non-rookie thing and rather than moonwalking away, DDTs nelsonroyale*

That's right...DDTed!

20KB/s! w00t...I guess.

Barnolde said:
6am EST, GT and GV won't work on this old comp, so I got a laptop just to view the damn trailer.

Sony wins, that is all.

Sony hasn't "won" this E3 yet, but this plus a good showing of Home, Uncharted, MGS4, and maybe some hardware surprises (I'm still holding out hope for a sub 60 gig sku, PSP redesign or shockaxis) could definitely do it.

Doube D

tahrikmili said:
I just watched this and the 2005 trailer back to back. The difference is undeniable, they have obviously not matched the CGI quality (which I believe Sony had announced they TOPPED) but the game looks good. Despite all the hype, it doesn't look as good as Gears. The texture quality is pretty low in places, and the environments lack a lot of detail. As for the gameplay, it looks like a generic FPS.

heh, no need to flame anyone now. just people make sure to get the 720p rev if you can. IT IS UNBELIEVABLE!

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
bud said:
it looks so close to that cg trailer, the part when they show them on the ground, omg.

really, it doesn't come close to the CG trailer, but that doesn't mean it doesn't look great in its own right.

Keesie

tahrikmili said:

I agree with that, but you got to see that Gears mostly looks better because it's shiny...
And Killzone isnt shiny, and shouldn't be shiny...

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
DantesWrath said:
Someone RAPIDSHARE it! SENDSPACE! Something! Megaupload ain't working

Already uploading to RapidUpload. It might be another 20 more minutes before it finishes...

Manmademan said:
Sony hasn't "won" this E3 yet, but this plus a good showing of Home, Uncharted, MGS4, and maybe some hardware surprises (I'm still holding out hope for a sub 60 gig sku, PSP redesign or shockaxis) could definitely do it.

um, this alone beats MS conference. well for me personally.

Joates

Banned
tahrikmili said:

Yeah, dont bother dude, maybe once all the hype has settled, but right now its pointless.

You could post crysis comparison bics to this right now, and some would say KZ looks better. Its just not worth it.

Mefisutoferesu said:
Geez, how much do you pay? I feel really gipped by comcast right (Comcast a rip off? SHOCKING!!)
It's like 50? a month I think? but I split it 3 ways with my flatmates so it's not much of a hit.

Defuser

nicholasphan said:
lol singapore is blocked too, i think they just want us to install their toolbar =s. Plus i'm getting like 5 peers and 1 download on the torrent =(.
set your peers and seeders higher. I'm from Singapore too but I'm getting over 200kb here.

FirewalkR

Manmademan said:

All that plus announcing immediate open beta of Home would guarantee the win :)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It's even more beautiful in HD imo :lol You can see the details on the soldiers' faces, and the lighting when the Helghast is getting shot to hell is BEYOND(!). Also the head explosion. :lol :lol

Effulgence said:
im doing 200k which beats the shit out of that torrent

I guess even after downloading the toolbar, your download speed still depends on the country. Because the damn thing just stops downloading every few minutes for me.

nicholasphan said:
um, this alone beats MS conference. well for me personally.

oh, no doubt. Microsoft dropped a ball of EPIC proportions.

Nintendo still might surprise people with something crazy-innovative, but it goes without saying the wii doesn't have the horsepower to compete with this on a pure "eyecandy" level

FightyF

Banned
Y'know last year I was telling everyone to start Streamloading stuff instead of using this bittorrent thingamajiggy...

...who's laughing now?

:lol

(answer: me)

mashoutposse

Ante Up
Ohhhh.......

Emmmm......

........Gee.

This looks absolutely amazing. I like it better overall than the 05 trailer. Sony and GG delivered for sure.

Definitely the best looking game I've ever seen. I mean WOW.

Wollan

SolidSnakex said:
53gh06a.gif

Quoted for win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom