• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mad Catz Killer Instinct fightstick pictured?

derFeef

Straight from Major Nelson. Looks huge but I hope the artwork is a placeholder.

Walked into a conference room and this #XboxOne accessory was there as well. This will be a good meeting

Me3G02s.jpg

Chavelo

Awww man, and here I though MCZ were getting better with their stock stick arts going off the TTT2 sticks and newer current console sticks. :/

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Yes, this is a prototype. Please note that it is not the final version.

The artwork looks a bit washed out but I assure you it looks better/pops better in person. Looks like they didn't take off the thin layer of protective plastic cover off the top panel so it looks washed out, color wise.

Awww man, and here I though MCZ were getting better with their stock stick arts going off the TTT2 sticks and newer current console sticks. :/

You have to understand when working on a licensed project with other IPs that we don't own... we have less say on the artwork and assets given to us. With TTT2 we were given freedom to do whatever and they liked what we put together. Some other companies give a more direct/hands on approach with things.

Well it isn't the prettiest stick. I think I'll stick with Hori for now.

Let me know how the Hori stick works on Xbox One.

Spacebar

Artwork doesn't look good at all, but I'm sure the stick is good. I hope MadCatz make SF and GGXrd sticks for PS4 at some point.

Imm0rt4l

It's kinda ugly, but my killer instinct bias and preference of the more simpler designs is probably the reason I think so.

edit: the lighting isn't the most flattering, colors looked washed out so I'll wait to see it in person/final version.

Mileena

Banned
anyone know if eightarc/Qanba is going the same route as MCZ? (ie making us rebuy sticks for new consoles...)

T.O.P

Banned
Will get this on D1 i hope, can't wait for KI :)

It seriously needs a better art though, that one is probably a placeholder only

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Yes, this is a prototype. Please note that it is not the final version.

The artwork looks a bit washed out but I assure you it looks better/pops better in person. Looks like they didn't take off the thin layer of protective plastic cover off the top panel so it looks washed out, color wise.

You have to understand when working on a licensed project with other IPs that we don't own... we have less say on the artwork and assets given to us. With TTT2 we were given freedom to do whatever and they liked what we put together. Some other companies give a more direct/hands on approach with things.

Let me know how the Hori stick works on Xbox One.

Markman is there going to be more artwork choices available and if so is it just gonna be bland like the prototype pictured above?

usctrojan

The worst part about every next-gen stick news is how much cooler my two sanrio x SF sticks are.

The new xbone madcatz stick looks so gross.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
From what I know and have been told. Current sticks will not work. The PS4 has an authentication chip required for controllers to work on the... PS4.

Like any current madcatz stick on a PS4. For some reason...

I don't think you know how things work.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Also, you can change the artwork easily if you want to, BTW.

The way the TE2 is designed/engineered, you won't have to take off the buttons to replace artwork. The buttons sit on raised platforms and lie flat with the top plexi panel. Thus allowing the buttons to pass through the holes/gaps and replace the artwork as well, just as easy. You'll only need a flathead screwdriver (included with the TE2) to remove the balltop and swap artwork out.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Hmm. I would freely offer my services to produce a superior concept if i had an 'in'. I don't suppose the acrylic is removable?

The top panel is designed for easy artwork swapping. See my previous post pls, Lord m0dus ;)

dookeh

How about an adapter for the 3 TE sticks I already own? /salt

edit: Or a drop in PCB would be even better

edit 2: Or a TE2 with no stick or buttons at the very least

Skilletor

Also, you can change the artwork easily if you want to, BTW.

The way the TE2 is designed/engineered, you won't have to take off the buttons to replace artwork. The buttons sit on raised platforms and lie flat with the top plexi panel. Thus allowing the buttons to pass through the holes/gaps and replace the artwork as well, just as easy. You'll only need a flathead screwdriver (included with the TE2) to remove the balltop and swap artwork out.

That's awesome.

Troll

Banned
Will they be selling official KI art packs that I can swap that one out with?

Then so it is written. Er. Do you happen to have dimensions?

I think this party is on.

Folks, post your ideas, I am going to have to whip up some official NeoGAF ALT covers for this bad boy.

Jago making out with Orchid plz

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks

Folks, post your ideas, I am going to have to whip up some official NeoGAF ALT covers for this bad boy.

Nice! I'll PM you a link to template.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
They said in the stream its a prototype, I doubt thats the final artwork. The sticks design itself is sick as hell.

Edit: should have scrolled up lol, beaten very badly

statham

Thats awesome, will wait to see your work.

Top Bottom