• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread:Stat padding? Never heard of him.

Mrbob

People moving their over powered right ends to left end to take advantage of piss poor RT play in this game.

I used the Texans playbook last game and there is a formation that puts Finley at FB, Jennings at tailback and Cobb in the slot. I was so confused when I broke the huddle. But I was using the game flow thing so I could never find it again

Lol, what kind of formation lining is this? Something something Gary Kubiak?

Mrbob

denied. this isn't a cheese league. draft your cheese TE, you aint moving a 90 WR there

Then why is the permanent moving of RE to LE being allowed? It's just as bad a thing to do in this game, if not worse due to poor RT play.

Marshall is rated 97 as a TE, 92 as a WR. Game says he is TE first.

Mrbob

If you don't care, let me move him to the TE position where he belongs.

It's funny how the thought of losing scares the commishes into action. I would feast on teams with Marshall at TE.

BigAT

Yeah my RT is shitty so I'm going to get abused by whoever the fuck that guy is you have. Is JPP the LE?

Not usually, I'll move him if there's a big difference in OT ability though. I forget what I do against you. Thanks for the heads up on your shitty RT though.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
If you don't care, let me move him to the TE position where he belongs.

It's funny how the thought of losing scares the commishes into action. I would feast on teams with Marshall at TE.
I'm not a commissioner. You'll have to disguise your cheese a bit better than that. Run more wheel routes or something.

McNei1y

Not usually, I'll move him if there's a big difference in OT ability though.

YPS3V.gif

Mrbob

Remember last year when bob said he had that automatic win fade route. Whatever happened to that bobby?

I actually have it, and it works 99 percent of the time. The problem is the throw is a true touch pass, and lag messes with the trajectory and placement.

If you don't get the right kind of touch on the throw it is under thrown for an easy ball hawking int.

Ferny

GG Az

The best start ever on my first real day back. 3 INTs in my first 3 series lol. Once Rice had that 80 yard run, it was over.

GG, Ferny. I'm still trying to get a hang of the differences between Madden and NCAA. I still can't figure out how to keep the kinect off by default. Also, I'm so used to the NCAA penalty screen that I gave you back an interception because I accepted your holding call instead. Is there any way to speed up the clock when you're trying to run out the half or end of the game? I couldn't see anything.

BigAT

Is there any way to speed up the clock when you're trying to run out the half or end of the game? I couldn't see anything.

Nope, clock acceleration automatically turns itself off for the final two minutes of each half. Also unlike NCAA, it is turned on for the other parts of the game.

Is there any way to turn stupid ass gameflow off by default? I have it set to off in my user settings, but everytime I play a game, it's there. It's off when I go in to CCM practice mode though.

bluemax

Banned
GG, Ferny. I'm still trying to get a hang of the differences between Madden and NCAA. I still can't figure out how to keep the kinect off by default. Also, I'm so used to the NCAA penalty screen that I gave you back an interception because I accepted your holding call instead. Is there any way to speed up the clock when you're trying to run out the half or end of the game? I couldn't see anything.

I just unplug my Kinect.

Rorschach

YUP. Definitely got to get my shitty 95 rated LE off of that side so I can exploit shit. Fucking dumb.

Then why move him? I don't really care, but you can't say RT play isn't broken. I moved offensive lineman of the year, Jared Veldheer, to the right for a few games and he gave up 8 sacks. He had great stats all around even awareness, consistency, and confidence, but it didn't matter. He got tossed aside on the right. It was pretty instant most times. Put him on the left and he's the one tossing fools. Same thing for my normal RT. Put him on the left: no problems. Move him back right, turnstile.

Anyway, I don't care if you move an end left or right. I'm sure the Giants move him around too. Just wanted to talk about broken RT play!

Rors can you play in like 20 minutes?

Yes!

[edit]
NFL Sacks given up

RT 13
RT 8
RT 8
RT 7
LT 7
RT 7

In Tyrion Smith's defense, Doug Free has given up 5 sacks too. I don't know what's going on in Dallas!

Sanjuro

Smokey, I'm drunk again. I'm sorry I told you to fellate me numerous times. We had a good game. Think about the memories. Memories of a Letterman jacket, used to wipe up semen, from the girl you imagined you would have. Smokey, this next song is for you.

/georgemichael

Then why move him? I don't really care, but you can't say RT play isn't broken. I moved offensive lineman of the year, Jared Veldheer, to the right for a few games and he gave up 8 sacks. He had great stats all around even awareness, consistency, and confidence, but it didn't matter. He got tossed aside on the right. It was pretty instant most times. Put him on the left and he's the one tossing fools. Same thing for my normal RT. Put him on the left: no problems. Move him back right, turnstile.

Anyway, I don't care if you move an end left or right. I'm sure the Giants move him around too. Just wanted to talk about broken RT play!

preach on brotha

LJ11

I used to think it was because of the way we played. And that's what I posted when LJ said it was broken, but now I'm a believer!

Yeah, it's crazy. To be honest, it's been that way often, no idea why, but this year it's probably the worst its ever been.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Yes!

[edit]
NFL Sacks given up

RT 13
RT 8
RT 8
RT 7
LT 7

RT 7

In Tyrion Smith's defense, Doug Free has given up 5 sacks too. I don't know what's going on in Dallas!

Don't know. Gotta be play calling. Pretty sure all my sacks suffered against bigat were 7 yards or less. Pocket just collapsing.

BigAT

Giants play JPP frequently at all four D-line positions. He's actually on the inside more these days when they run their NASCAR front. I only move him if there is a noticeable difference between the two OTs in talent, as is the case for FMT. Levious' RT is only slightly worse than his LT, so JPP stayed on the right side of the defense against him (that's why Tyrion is on that sacks list BTW).

You actually think there is a difference between the two spots? I thought everyone was half playing along trying to make it a bit. I don't know why you bring up consistency/confidence when talking about Veldheer, I'm pretty sure all those don't count for shit. Did you look at his RBK/PBK? Those take SEVERE hits this year when changing positions along the O-line, even just switching LT/RT or LG/RG. Like 15-20 point hits. I had someone I wanted to potentially switch on my O-line, but the penalty is just too much to do it this year. So that is much more likely what explains his poor performance on the right side rather than some glitch.

My LT (80 OVR) has allowed three sacks this year. My RT (77 OVR) has allowed zero. Checkmate, atheists.

bluemax

Banned
Would anyone like to play some Madden? And any1 want to recommend a good singleback playbook?

I actually like Seattle's ACE sets.

Also, if you want a funny playbook try out the Vince Lombardi one. All your wide receivers line up in 3 point stances.

Giants play JPP frequently at all four D-line positions. He's actually on the inside more these days when they run their NASCAR front. I only move him if there is a noticeable difference between the two OTs in talent, as is the case for FMT. Levious' RT is only slightly worse than his LT, so JPP stayed on the right side of the defense against him (that's why Tyrion is on that sacks list BTW).

You actually think there is a difference between the two spots? I thought everyone was half playing along trying to make it a bit. I don't know why you bring up consistency/confidence when talking about Veldheer, I'm pretty sure all those don't count for shit. Did you look at his RBK/PBK? Those take SEVERE hits this year when changing positions along the O-line, even just switching LT/RT or LG/RG. Like 15-20 point hits. I had someone I wanted to potentially switch on my O-line, but the penalty is just too much to do it this year. So that is much more likely what explains his poor performance on the right side rather than some glitch.

My LT (80 OVR) has allowed three sacks this year. My RT (77 OVR) has allowed zero. Checkmate, atheists.

Don't the position switch stat drops result when you switch them on the depth chart without changing their position? I thought you could avoid it by actually changing their position.

I know that my LT gave up more sacks than my RT last season and I have Okung at LT while my RT is some no name rookie with 90 IBL and 80 something PBK and like 25 awareness.

Top Bottom