• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
anotheriori said:
Bump

For those interested, It was announced that AYA HIRANO, YUKO GOTO and MINORI CHIHARA will be special guests at this years Anime Expo (June29-July2, Long Beach CA) and will be performing "Bouken Desho Desho?” and “Hare Hare Yukai.”

Time to go buy the box set, plane tickets.. and get it signed..

news on the front page.
http://www.anime-expo.org/

NO WAIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!

GOOD THING I SIGNED UP IN FEBRUARY ALREADY! WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT! :D :D :D :D :D :D

yjs666

Just get the DVDs from dvdpacific.com. It's about 50% off the retail price, at least for international customers. Anyone has their orders shipped already?

typhonsentra said:
Yeah, even if it were worthwhile extras that would be a terrible deal. Of course it's still nothing compared to what the Japanese pay for even the normal DVDs. By the way, they come out next week for anyone interested.

They're already at my local Best Buy.

Whats the best way to watch this show. I just saw the first three episodes out of order(with chronological 11 as number 1). I can't decide on whether to go directly to out of order episode 7 or go to episode 4(baseball one).

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
titiklabingapat said:
Whats the best way to watch this show. I just saw the first three episodes out of order(with chronological 11 as number 1). I can't decide on whether to go directly to out of order episode 7 or go to episode 4(baseball one).
Watch it in its original order first, then watch them chronologically the second time around, would be my recommendation.

cicerone

mamitasu5694.jpg

Best cosplayer ever

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Son of Godzilla said:
Because over half the series is unbearable filler and the broadcast order attempted to disguise that.
someone didn't like Haruhi :(

GaimeGuy said:
someone didn't like Haruhi :(

I actually thought Haruhi had an ingenious take on the whole magical schoolgirl concept, but trashed any goodwill it's concept and perfect first two or three episodes earned with some terrible filler. Most of the non-Melancholy eps are weak, but the Island Mystery double feature is absolutely unbearable. Decent enough finish, but not enough to redeem it imo.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Why the bitching about the Special edition prices? No shit they're going to charge a bit more for them, it's a hyped up, ultra fan favorite. Damn right they're going to get your money. Regular edition is only $18.01 at Deep Discount.com. $39.69 for the SE. Hush up people. Sheesh.

titiklabingapat said:
I actually think the best way is to go broadcast order. There are so many hints in the show that by the last 2 episodes ( 5 & 6 I think) the story comes together like a puzzle

Defuser

anotheriori said:
Bump

For those interested, It was announced that AYA HIRANO, YUKO GOTO and MINORI CHIHARA will be special guests at this years Anime Expo (June29-July2, Long Beach CA) and will be performing "Bouken Desho Desho?” and “Hare Hare Yukai.”

Time to go buy the box set, plane tickets.. and get it signed..

news on the front page.
http://www.anime-expo.org/
lol I can't wait to see their faces when those 3 found how badly butchered the cosplays are...

very late to the The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya party but without a cable connection I no longer watch as much subs as I use to.

I like it so far from the limited DVDs I got from netflix

watching the anime I find myself more concerned about if the setting it based on a real city because the background art are so awesome in this anime

I would really like to visit that place if it was based on a real city.

I also think I will collect the manga novels for this one

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Smiles and Cries said:
very late to the The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya party but without a cable connection I no longer watch as much subs as I use to.

I like it so far from the limited DVDs I got from netflix

watching the anime I find myself more concerned about if the setting it based on a real city because the background art are so awesome in this anime

I would really like to visit that place if it was based on a real city.

I also think I will collect the manga novels for this one
The entire series is supposedly set in Nishinomiya, Hyogo, which is the site of the university where Nagaru Tanigawa (author of the haruhi novels), studied. The school, the station, the baseball team all reference aspects of the city.

Halycon said:
The entire series is supposedly set in Nishinomiya, Hyogo, which is the site of the university where Nagaru Tanigawa (author of the haruhi novels), studied. The school, the station, the baseball team all reference aspects of the city.

Thanks I'm going to search for real photos of that place.

Haly

icarus-daedelus said:
Less made up slang plz.
Google said:
Did you mean: super gnarlier bros.
Pakkabowl on deviantART
... MP3 player of choice: My Xbox; Favourite game: Super Mario Brothers 3 ... Gnarlio yaoi! =SigurdHosenfeld :iconSigurdHosenfeld: Jul 29, 2006, 10:38:53 AM ...

Haly

Since no one's mentioned it in this thread.

Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi, Season 2, confirmed by Newtype.
News +scans here for those interested.

It claims that the official announcement would be on 07/07/07 but I haven't heard anything about it yet.

Also, wtf at HaruStar. That's incredible.

icars-daedelus said:
Just because some douche on deviantart came up with it first doesn't mean I understand it any more now.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Gnarlio

Makoto

I didn't know there was an official Haruhi thread. In any case, I bring some semblance of news for those waiting for the North American release of Disappearance. Bandai has just released a picture of the cover for the Blu-Ray, which will be a BD+DVD combo pack (which is awesome for me as I live in a house full of DVD players and only one blu-ray player, which is my PS3).

281582_10150302592144467_201609269466_9145363_4871363_n.jpg

The rumor is that Disappearance will be released on September 20, but I have yet to see any legit sources confirm the date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom