Official Metal Gear Solid 4 Gameplay Demonstration YES YES ALL OVER MY OCTOCAM

#1
MOD EDIT:

MGS4 GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE

HD 720p (get this one)
http://gamersyde.com/leech_4141_en.html
(mp4)

"High" Resolution
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22702.html
(quicktime)






All right everybody. Here is the end all, be all thread about Kojima Production's invite-only anniversary shindig in Tokyo next week.



THE METAL GEAR 20TH ANNIVERSARY PARTY


Time: Evening of July 24, 2007 (Tokyo Time)
Place: The Ritz Carlton Tokyo
The Festivities:

-Formal attire
-Press from around the world will be attending and covering the event
-Presentation of 20th anniversary branded products, announcement of new Metal Gear Solid series content
-I took a look at the guest list -- we've got some of the biggest names in the Japanese game industry attending
-Really cool video letters from guests who couldn't make it to Tokyo
-Live music and Hidechan talk show
-First look at Metal Gear Online on PS3
-On-stage presentation of Hideo Kojima playing MGS4
-An official statement about MGS: Portable Ops+ -- hope to clarify some things about it
-I'll be carrying my MP3 recorder around the event hall, getting comments from people so I can put together a nice radio program about it

-Link to the KP Report radio page: http://mp.i-revo.jp/user.php/kp-ryan/?lp=1

-Our official event page: http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/event2007/

UPDATE: Check out my latest blog post about tonight's event: http://mp.i-revo.jp/user.php/kp-ryan/entry/106.html

rp
 

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
#5
Awesome, awesome, awesome...formal attire, wow.

I'm going to be working on my MGS GAFFAQ today. :D

edit: New series content? As in...new content in the series (like branded items, "document" type things, side games, spin offs?) or content in a new series?
 
#15
Ryan, it been mentioned that you are pushing for a USA release of the Metal Gear Solid 20th Anniversary Collection... Can you give us an under/over chance of that happening?
 
#18
Flo_Evans said:
Ryan, it been mentioned that you are pushing for a USA release of the Metal Gear Solid 20th Anniversary Collection... Can you give us an under/over chance of that happening?
I need TTS on PS2. Screw the haters I need my MGS1 fix.
 
#24
Kuroyume said:
Cool, but I have no faith in this being good based on Subsistence.
Since there is a new 'over the shoulder' camera angle, I think it would feel significantly different.

There's a huge difference between an over the shoulder cam and an overhead 3rd person distant (but adjustable) cam.

All in all, I don't think it'll be that bad, but certainly not anything mind blowing. They really need some objective based games, not just deathmatch.

i.e. It would be awesome to have some co-op modes where you have to sneak into a base, steal some documents, and leave, or rescue someone and help the escape, etc.
 

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
#26
Hm, if MGO was a seperate entity, they could keep their promise of MGS4 staying PS3 exclusive yet still bring a MG title to 360. Shrewd.

I had a blast with MGO in Subsistence but have no desire for a PS3 anytime soon, so that would be aces in my book.
tha_con said:
All in all, I don't think it'll be that bad, but certainly not anything mind blowing. They really need some objective based games, not just deathmatch.

i.e. It would be awesome to have some co-op modes where you have to sneak into a base, steal some documents, and leave, or rescue someone and help the escape, etc.
Uh, did you actually play MGO?
 
#27
tha_con said:
i.e. It would be awesome to have some co-op modes where you have to sneak into a base, steal some documents, and leave, or rescue someone and help the escape, etc.
Isn't that essentially the "Rescue" mission? (One team has to steal the duck from the other team and bring it to the goal)

Edit: beaten...
 
#28
Shig said:
Hm, if MGO was a seperate entity, they could keep their promise of MGS4 staying PS3 exclusive yet still bring a MG title to 360. Shrewd.
This is the kind of shit that makes threads get out of hand... the last thing any Metal Gear thread needs is more discussion about the Xbox 360. How about we just wait for the party?
 

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
#30
Chemo said:
This is the kind of shit that makes threads get out of hand... the last thing any Metal Gear thread needs is more discussion about the Xbox 360. How about we just wait for the party?
Heh, yeah. Ryan clearly says PS3 so far, let's chillax. :D

I hope they don't split them. That seems macrotransactionish.
 

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
#35
novery said:
All right everybody. Here is the end all, be all thread about Kojima Production's invite-only anniversary shindig in Tokyo next week.



THE METAL GEAR 20TH ANNIVERSARY PARTY


Time: Evening of July 24, 2007 (Tokyo Time)
Place: The Ritz Carlton Tokyo
The Festivities:

-Formal attire
-Press from around the world will be attending and covering the event
-Presentation of 20th anniversary branded products, announcement of new Metal Gear Solid series content
-I took a look at the guest list -- we've got some of the biggest names in the Japanese game industry attending
-Really cool video letters from guests who couldn't make it to Tokyo
-Live music and Hidechan talk show
-First look at Metal Gear Online on PS3
-On-stage presentation of Hideo Kojima playing MGS4
-An official statement about MGS: Portable Ops+ -- hope to clarify some things about it
-I'll be carrying my MP3 recorder around the event hall, getting comments from people so I can put together a nice radio program about it

-Link to the KP Report radio page: http://mp.i-revo.jp/user.php/kp-ryan/?lp=1

-Our official event page: http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/event2007/

If I have any new info about the event (that I can reveal), I'll post them in this thread.
Invite only? Shit, I'd make it if I had an invitation. T_T
 

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
#37
Andvary said:
are we getting videos this time Ryan?
Andvary said:
are we getting videos this time Ryan?
Andvary said:
are we getting videos this time Ryan?
Andvary said:
are we getting videos this time Ryan?
Andvary said:
are we getting videos this time Ryan?
Andvary said:
are we getting videos this time Ryan?
Andvary said:
are we getting videos this time Ryan?
Andvary said:
are we getting videos this time Ryan?
Are we?
 

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
#40
Chemo said:
This is the kind of shit that makes threads get out of hand... the last thing any Metal Gear thread needs is more discussion about the Xbox 360. How about we just wait for the party?
Just speaking hypothetically. This installment of MGO will probably be on the same disc as MGS4, I think they're just saying it's not necessarily tied to the main installments, and could branch off as its own thing later.

on 360 kek kek kek
 
#47
even though i'm not that big of a fan of the mp mode --mgs is an sp game, for me at least-- it's still a nice extra and i'd rather have them include both the mp and sp on the same disc instead of them releasing it seperately.

novery said:
-Presentation of 20th anniversary branded products, announcement of new Metal Gear Solid series content
omg :bow
 
#49
bud said:
even though i'm not that big of a fan of the mp mode --mgs is an sp game, for me at least-- it's still a nice extra and i'd rather have them include both the mp and sp on the same disc instead of them releasing it seperately.
If you listened to the podcast Ryan did with the 1up guys it sounded like it is part of MGS4

Some of the ideas we've had, Sony's been really helpful. They're very excited about it. They're into this game, they want to make it happen, not only the story mode but the online mode.