• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official: NieR Automata releasing on Steam March 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

sense

That's not the point I'm refuting tho.
There is no point reasoning with people who already made up their mind that this is nothing but Sony marketing deal. Last week they were asking why trailer with steam logo was removed that had March 10 release date. Now we know, pc version is not out until the 17th.... until there is any sort of decent proof I feel this is just square enix being stupid and nothing to do with Sony. Maybe they want people to preorder the console version so they can ship more copies to retailers on day one, especially the more expensive black box edition and so are being vague. Something like dqh 2 isn't going to be as popular as nier seems to be so they probably announced the pc version ahead of time.

Edit: now that it is official, maybe grief can connect the dots on the announcement today.....

There is no point reasoning with people who already made up their mind that this is nothing but Sony marketing deal. Last week they were asking why trailer with steam logo was removed that had March 10 release date. Now we know, pc version is not out until the 17th.... until there is any sort of decent proof I feel this is just square enix being stupid and nothing to do with Sony. Maybe they want people to preorder the console version so they can ship more copies to retailers on day one, especially the more expensive black box edition and so are being vague. Something like dqh 2 isn't going to be as popular as nier seems to be so they probably announced the pc version ahead of time.

Edit: now that it is official, maybe grief can connect the dots on the announcement today.....

I wonder if he's finally going to admit there was something wrong with the PC version or just gonna continue with the Sony moneyhat! conspiracy theory again.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=230856551&postcount=912

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yea would love to see some of these people admit they were being a little ridiculous to almost calling people stupid for thinking it may not be a Sony deal thing...
I didn't really get the Sony deal thing.

Raven777 even translated the Dengeki stream where they said they were waiting for the newest Denuvo patch, and that it wouldn't be long.

jmga

Raven777 even translated the Dengeki stream where they said they were waiting for the newest Denuvo patch, and that it wouldn't be long.

Again, that has nothing to do with removing the Steam logo from every marketing material and website.

It is pretty obvious there is or has been a marketing deal with Sony.

Yeah, communication disappeared, release date was kept secret for 2 weeks before the actual launch. I'm sure that's because SE had to finish the game and miraculously did it.

If anything, this just shows nothing technical was involved in that silence. So much for being so elusive, going from Early 2017 to 2017... When it's a week later.

Same for the removal in marketing material. I'm sure it happened because the PC version was so late they werent sure to hit in time. :")

TakeYourHeart

Neo Member
This game was one of my best experiences with a video game in a while, and honestly, what it needed the most was a stable framerate. PC users are in for a good time.

Mifec

Just today another group picked up cracking Denuvo with their first successful crack.

Good luck SE.

MUnited83

For you.
I wonder if he's finally going to admit there was something wrong with the PC version or just gonna continue with the Sony moneyhat! conspiracy theory again.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=230856551&postcount=912

Not sure why you'd think it wasn't a moneyhat because they finally confirmed something after several leaks. Not like they could continue to pretend it didn't exist for much longer.

Also, LMAO @ "something wrong with the PC version"

because they magically fix the PC version in a week, am I right? They magically remove all the mentions from marketing because of a problem fixed with one week delay, right?
LMAO.

The Sony conspiracy theory needs to be put to rest, I'm sorry, but it's a bit delusional
The only people being delusional are the people saying that "Sony wouldn't ever do this, no sir, they are totally #4thegamers!!!!!! never did a marketing deal in their lives, Square Enix is just a bunch of headless chickens in a studio!!!!"

Just doesn't make sense to advertise for a system when you don't know when that version will be ready - especially if it comes down to denuvo.

Not sure why you'd think it wasn't a moneyhat because they finally confirmed something after several leaks. Not like they could continue to pretend it didn't exist for much longer.

because they magically fix the PC version in a week, am I right? They magically remove all the mentions from marketing because of a problem fixed with one week delay, right?
LMAO.

Can't even stand by your own comment. SMH.

Just so you know, platinum did fix a game breaking bug in the PS4 version in a day. They still have 15 days to work on the PC version for a patch or whatever.

sense

Yeah, communication disappeared, release date was kept secret for 2 weeks before the actual launch. I'm sure that's because SE had to finish the game and miraculously did it.

If anything, this just shows nothing technical was involved in that silence. So much for being so elusive, going from Early 2017 to 2017... When it's a week later.

Same for the removal in marketing material. I'm sure it happened because the PC version was so late they werent sure to hit in time. :")
They said they were concerned of piracy and waiting on a patch on denuvo. They want to push the version that is not going to be hacked and hence removed the logos. See I can come up with reasons for a company to be stupid. It was never about not being ready because they initially announced for simultaneous release and then as it got close to release, they removed logos, the director said ask square enix and don't worry it won't be too long. Sony hasn't done a deal with a third party where they are not even publishing to keep quiet until 2 weeks before release. Whatever I am done arguing, keep believing what you want to believe and maybe one day we will get concrete proof on what actually happened.

LMAO.

The only people being delusional are the people saying that "Sony wouldn't ever do this, no sir, they are totally #4thegamers!!!!!! never did a marketing deal in their lives, Square Enix is just a bunch of headless chickens in a studio!!!!"
Wow..... yea all these leaks made them break their contract. Keep fighting the good fight bro....

MUnited83

For you.
Just doesn't make sense to advertise for a system when you don't know when that version will be ready - especially if it comes down to denuvo.
Nah, that's complete and utter bullshit. Even if it was delayed for a month that wouldn't be a reason to completely remove it from marketing material. That's not how it works.

Can't even stand by your own comment. SMH.
Yes man, huge issues with PC ports that go as far as needing to have mentions removed from marketing are totally solved with one week delay. Totally.

Fdkn

LMAO.

You keep editting and adding things, relax man.

About the last part (for now), what people said is that Nier is not a game worth moneyhatting, much less in this period of the year where ps4 has seen a constant flux of awesome releases.

I guess as you're so convinced it was a moneyhat, S-E just decided to give back the money because a couple of gaf threads were pressuring them right?

MUnited83

For you.
They said they were concerned of piracy and waiting on a patch on denuvo. They want to push the version that is not going to be hacked and hence removed the logos. See I can come up with reasons for a company to be stupid. It was never about not being ready because they initially announced for simultaneous release and then as it got close to release, they removed logos, the director said ask square enix and don't worry it won't be too long. Sony hasn't done a deal with a third party where they are not even publishing to keep quiet until 2 weeks before release. Whatever I am done arguing, keep believing what you want to believe and maybe one day we will get concrete proof on what actually happened.

Wow..... yea all these leaks made them break their contract. Keep fighting the good fight bro....

All the mentions being removed was something done way, way, way fucking before Denuvo on RE7 was cracked.

You keep editting and adding things, relax man.

About the last part (for now), what people said is that Nier is not a game worth moneyhatting, much less in this period of the year where ps4 has seen a constant flux of awesome releases.

I guess as you're so convinced it was a moneyhat, S-E just decided to give back the money because a couple of gaf threads were pressuring them right?

Deal arent always about handing a bag of money.

Nah, that's complete and utter bullshit. Even if it was delayed for a month that wouldn't be a reason to completely remove it from marketing material. That's not how it works.

Yes man, huge issues with PC ports that go as far as needing to have mentions removed from marketing are totally solved with one week delay. Totally.

BernardoOne said:
If there is anything wrong with it, then it won't be released on the leaked date. Once again, will you admit that you are wrong when it releases exactly on that date?

Your words. Not mine.

Yes, a week of delay which means they now have 15 extra days to work on the PC version.

Mountain, meet molehill.

Whether it was a pointless 1-week exclusivity deal or simple mismanagement, it doesn't matter now.

It's announced, it's being released, get it (or don't) on whatever system you'd prefer.

Talk about wasted breath.

MUnited83

For you.

Hey sense, people just cracked Deus Ex Mankind Divided DLC that was released a week ago today, hence the new "Denuvo patch" is already fucked.

So, you think that dumb excuse is true and they will delay the game once more, given that the reason they had for a small delay just got turned into a reason for a bigger delay?

Fdkn

Deal arent always about handing a bag of money.

Whatever the imaginary deal was, it has to be broken now and there is no breaking a contract without compensation, unless the moneyhat stated that they couln't say nothing before a random afternoom on march 2nd, becuase that totally makes sense. I'm just connecting the dots here

Whatever the imaginary deal was, it has to be broken now and there is no breaking a contract without compensation, unless the moneyhat stated that they couln't say nothing before a random afternoom on march 2nd, becuase that totally makes sense. I'm just connecting the dots here

NDA's for reviews just ended didn't they?

Well at least it's finally gotten an official date. Trying to decide if I want to get this on PS4 (vanilla) first or PC (i5-6500 + RX480) first. Either way, I'm double dipping for both versions.

Whatever the imaginary deal was, it has to be broken now and there is no breaking a contract without compensation, unless the moneyhat stated that they couln't say nothing before a random afternoom on march 2nd, becuase that totally makes sense.

You mean, two weeks before the actual release ?
I could see why it's not random.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

The only thing that's ever gotten removed was a trailer with an incorrect release date on it.

Hardly an inconceivable turn of events even if the game's producer hadn't already explained away why there was going to be a small delay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom