• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Phil Harrison Keynote @ GDC Thread.

Juice

He's going to (1) state that the PS3 is exceeding expectations and (2) announce/demo Home.

I really doubt we'll see anything else. Maybe announce the results of that Immersion agreement and show a wheel!

... blah.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
PleoMax said:
Wich for europeans means?

6.30pm in the UK/Ireland, if you can work it out from there..

Juice said:
I really doubt we'll see anything else.

LittleBigPlanet.

But yes, I think Home and that will constitute the majority of the conference, and maybe some stuff on downloadable games.

Tieno

Can't wait for Killzone to blow us away. Seriously, I want to see HOME in action, I have this picture of it in my head.

Wollan

Busty said:
Though I'm sure this can't be answered one way or another until later on, but what is the current thinking/general consensus with Home, will it be a download or will it be a Blu Ray release?

It's going to be a firmware feature.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Tieno said:
Can't wait for Killzone to blow us away.

Killzone won't be shown publicly today, apparently.

Maybe the OP should have provided a summary of what we know so far, since it seems some people aren't fully in the loop :p

E.g.

Home will be unveiled. (3D Sims/Second Life-style community for PSN)

LittleBigPlanet will be unveiled. ("very innovative" game related to user content/gameplay creation)

Killzone won't be shown today. It was shown privately to media last night. We probably won't see it until E3.

The big news today is Home and LittleBig. It should be more than enough, Home alone (haha) could have done the job itself, probably.

RuGalz

Time to get ready to go to GDC. But I don't wanna be overhyped now. I don't think there will be that much game specific announcements, but we'll see!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
gofreak said:
Killzone won't be shown publicly today, apparently.

But will be shown behind closed doors? Why use "publicly" if it won't be shown at all? Gofreak is secret liaison for Guerrilla confirmed.

Haunted

bud said:
eurogamer's covering is pretty good imo. its informative and i like their humor:lol
I like their humour, too. So far I mainly know them for their review
scores
, so I'll try to compare their blogging/coverage with the bigwigs today. :)

Borys

Banned
how do u make the +/- sign bud

Sometimes I think bud and bad_boy and Kittonwy are the same person posting under different logins.

teiresias

Y2Kevbug11 said:
But will be shown behind closed doors? Why use "publicly" if it won't be shown at all? Gofreak is secret liaison for Guerrilla confirmed.

It's already been shown behind closed doors, some on the board have discussed it already (within bounds of what NDAs allow anyway).

Wollan

Killzone 2 has been shown behind closed doors. Impressions go live at 10:30. No media until E3 in July.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Y2Kevbug11 said:
But will be shown behind closed doors? Why use "publicly" if it won't be shown at all?

Well, you're right, it probably won't be shown at all since they already showed it to the media last night.

Y2Kev

teiresias said:
It's already been shown behind closed doors, some on the board have discussed it already (within bounds of what NDAs allow anyway).

What, really? I didn't know that. Who has seen it on the board (other than Tempy, who works on it)?

edit: they showed it to the MEDIA?!?! And it didn't LEAK?

Wollan said:
Killzone 2 has been shown behind closed doors. Impressions go live at 10:30. No media until E3 in July.

LOL OMG WTF SONY

bud

Borys said:
how do u make the +/- sign bud

Sometimes I think bud and bad_boy and Kittonwy are the same person posting under different logins.

whaaaaaaaaaa

its my tag :/

i'm on my macbook now and it has the ± sign on the keyboard

PleoMax

Banned
Eurogamer is the best in live blogs, because they not only inform us of what's happening but they also make us laugh. Aside from news and shit thought, i don't like them.

Tieno

Wollan said:
That's also 19.30 for us continental Europeans, right?

Wollan

Correcto Mundo.

Again, expect:

PS Home with promo trailer released online.

'LittleBigPlanet' - new PS3 game which you can make other games with.

Killzone impressions, no media until E3.

Krowley

Y2Kevbug11 said:
What, really? I didn't know that. Who has seen it on the board (other than Tempy, who works on it)?

edit: they showed it to the MEDIA?!?! And it didn't LEAK?

LOL OMG WTF SONY

well it sort of leaked. the guy said to lower the hype levels.. aparently they did not match the trailer.

obviously no pics or anything, just some very tight lipped impressions

wazoo

Killzone impressions without media will be terrible.

Considering the expectation, anything less than Xbox360 compatibility and full media from all ps3 games up to 2010 will be seen as failure.

Y2Kev

Well, no shit it didn't match the trailer, but I still want to see it. There were entirely too many aspects of what that game looked like that made it virtually impossible to reproduce in real time, but I still care about it...and the ensuing wave of fanboy explosions.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Most looking forward to seeing what LittleBigPlanet shapes out to be. A game builder that's hopefully extensible yet accessible enough for many to use would be a great standard feature to have.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Well, no shit it didn't match the trailer, but I still want to see it. There were entirely too many aspects of what that game looked like that made it virtually impossible to reproduce in real time, but I still care about it...and the ensuing wave of fanboy explosions.

The guy here that saw it said it look awesome and really sexy.

theultimo

Hmm, I am getting excited with new Killzone 2 info.

The original Killzone was nice, but it really could have used a next-gen console for its ambitiousness.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
kaching said:
Most looking forward to seeing what LittleBigPlanet shapes out to be. A game builder that's hopefully extensible yet accessible enough for many to use would be a great standard feature to have.

From the GameDaily guys, and the original marketwatch report, it sounds like a new game/'title' i.e. something that will see independent release. I'd imagine they'd call it a 'feature' or something if it was going to be part of embedded software/services.

Rody

So, how's the hype level on GAF?
Indifferent2.gif

Krowley

gofreak said:
From the GameDaily guys, and the original marketwatch report, it sounds like a new game/'title' i.e. something that will see independent release. I'd imagine they'd call it a 'feature' or something if it was going to be part of embedded software/services.

yeah, it does sound like a seperate piece of software.

Y2Kev

Rody said:
So, how's the hype leven on GAF?
Indifferent2.gif

Well, it surged with HOME revelation last night, was beaten down by naysayers, surged again with journalist impressions, crashed with Killzone "dreams crushed," surged again with "awesome," and now are hovering around OMGWTFBBQ as we sit here for four hours demonstrating how pathetic we all are. I predict we reach zoMAHGAHHH by the end of the day.

Wollan said:
bud, you're thread title is horrible. So anticlimactic. :p
This feels like one of those threads that will get an awesome mod edit once shit starts going down.
This is getting exciting, the news it self (whether it be awesome or not) almost takes second place to the fun of participating in what is sure to be a giant F5assploading thread that will bring all of Gaf to it's knees.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
kaching said:

Yeah, on the off-chance that the LBP and Playstation Edge announcements have somehow become an unholy single announcement - LBP is very much a game, not a toolset.

And oh my god, what a game.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Well, it surged with HOME revelation last night, was beaten down by naysayers, surged again with journalist impressions, crashed with Killzone "dreams crushed," surged again with "awesome," and now are hovering around OMGWTFBBQ as we sit here for four hours demonstrating how pathetic we all are. I predict we reach zoMAHGAHHH by the end of the day.

In other words, the usual level of hype around here.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
gofreak said:
True.

Edit: D2M15 - no, I wasn't confusing LBP with Edge. Just figured it probably played a more central role based on it's close association with what's being revealed about the general Home initiative.

Top Bottom