• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Phil Harrison Keynote @ GDC Thread.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Looking into my crystal balls... (i.e, speculating shit)

1. Backwards compat for achievements - patches to come out for Resistance, Formula 1, et all...

2. You gotta pay for it

3. I-Tunes-style service for ALL Sony content on PSP and PS3

4. Singstar to get massive push

5. New Eyetoy game

6. New Heavenly Sword and 8 Days trailers, even though they are very far from release

Reznor said:
I'm sure someone sneaked a camera in for that Killzone 2 presentation.

nin_missing.gif

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Reznor said:
I'm sure someone sneaked a camera in for that Killzone 2 presentation.

Here's how behind closed doors normally works.

Anywhere from 2 to 8 journalists are taken into a small meeting room with PR and usually one or two developers with a TV and system hooked up. It's not like they're in a room with 10,000 other people where it's easy to whip out a camera without being seen. It's a very very controlled environment.

In other words, wait for July :)

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
teepo said:
you're a junior for a reason.

Tee hee! Only not.

Hey Boutros, drop me a PM and tell me where you're swinging these days - haven't caught up with you since that greasy spoon bar in San Fran last July.

kaching said:
I'm putting the question out there to people like D2M15 who might be in a position to answer :p

I'm just an interested bystander these days, I'm afraid. But I'm pretty confident you'll love it whatever form it takes, and now I really should stop SHILLING FOR SONY.

Kinan

Wollan said:
Killzone 2 has been shown behind closed doors. Impressions go live at 10:30. No media until E3 in July.

pr-Pest_Control-Chase_Kill_Zone_Indoor_Insect_Fogger-resized200.gif

Behind closed door? No! Its dangerous! Open the doors now!

tanod

when is my burrito
3 hours 20 minutes

200 minutes

10:30PST, 11:30MST, 12:30CST, 13:30/1:30PM EST, 18:30 UK, 19:30 CET (Germany?)

Reave

ManaByte said:

Anywhere from 2 to 8 journalists are taken into a small meeting room with PR and usually one or two developers with a TV and system hooked up. It's not like they're in a room with 10,000 other people where it's easy to whip out a camera without being seen. It's a very very controlled environment.

You're probably right. It's just that there always seems to be some "OMG how'd he sneak a cam in" video of a game we're not supposed to see. I'm sure Sony isn't letting anyone take so much as a mental picture of K2.

Rody

Y2Kevbug11 said:
Well, it surged with HOME revelation last night, was beaten down by naysayers, surged again with journalist impressions, crashed with Killzone "dreams crushed," surged again with "awesome," and now are hovering around OMGWTFBBQ as we sit here for four hours demonstrating how pathetic we all are. I predict we reach zoMAHGAHHH by the end of the day.

Cool. Nothing unusual.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Mononofu said:
Impressions are better that nothing considering how long we have been under sonys media blackout.

Yup, again anyone expecting a huge revealing Killzone trailer or PSN demo at GDC is going to be seriously disappointed. The new game Phil Harrison showed to the press last night and the PSN stuff that's already being talked about is the focus here.

ManaByte said:

2000848033526282314_rs.jpg

Krowley

Wollan said:
I can't see how a game developing toy can get so much rave... I guess I must see it to believe.

it must be pretty revolutionary... maybe something like spore with procedurial animations and simple model manipulation/creation.

it also could be fully wrapped in a game, like "the movies".. also if you can make games with it, you could probably do machinima too, and that could even be a standard part of the package..

all speculation of course, but i'm just trying to imagine what could generate this much hype.

Amir0x

Banned
wait what is this game everyone is talking about? i mean, I've seen the title, but i guess i just missed lots of news 'cause where did it stem from? Some closed door meeting?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Amirox, a single blurb appeared in an article describing what LittleBigPlanet is, then a couple of journos popped up to mention Phil had done a demo last night and they've been pretty excited about it. (SamBishop, D2M15, Geek)

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
teepo said:
you're a junior for a reason.

Yup.

What happened was once, a long time ago, he made a disparaging comment about a junior member's comments based on the fact that he was a junior member. A passing mod saw this and cursed him to be a junior member permanently, or until such time as someone else did the same to him, at which time the curse would pass on.

PhatSaqs

Banned
iapetus said:
Yup.

What happened was once, a long time ago, he made a disparaging comment about a junior member's comments based on the fact that he was a junior member. A passing mod saw this and cursed him to be a junior member permanently, or until such time as someone else did the same to him, at which time the curse would pass on.
Awesome :lol :lol :lol

Wes

venison crêpe
Maybe we can get someone from 1up to drop a secret codeword into a podcast/video that will tell us if the killzone screening was awesome or not.

For instance, if Luke says 'Sony' in the next podcast that means "Killzone is rad".

iapetus said:
Yup.

I said WOW.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Amir0x said:
wait what is this game everyone is talking about? i mean, I've seen the title, but i guess i just missed lots of news 'cause where did it stem from? Some closed door meeting?

The Tuesday Sony Press Event that Kotaku was originally uninvited from during that whole internet drama.

Oni Jazar

ManaByte said:

And yet the Ratchet and Clank, Motorstorm and 8 Days footage was leaked last year.

Krowley

Amir0x said:

The press had an early look at this stuff and there are a couple of mainstream articles floating around the forum as well as a few press people giving tight lipped impressions.

The game is called "littlebigplanet" or maybe " little big planet"... not sure which is correct... and apparently at least doubles as a game creation toy/tool of some kind... The buzz word "user generated content" has been floated around and it sounds like it ties into the home thing in some way... Apparently all this stuff is pretty awesome because the press folks have been hyping it pretty big.

FrankT

Wes said:
Maybe we can get someone from 1up to drop a secret codeword into a podcast/video that will tell us if the killzone screening was awesome or not.

For instance, if Luke says 'Sony' in the next podcast that means "Killzone is rad".

Already had some impressions may want t check out the other thread, regarding "Sony" and "announcements."

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
iapetus said:
Yup.

HA! That's cool. I hope it works out for him.

bud

iapetus said:
Yup.

:lol :lol

tanod

when is my burrito
Skip from 1UP said that the 1UP Yours crew is supposed to be doing a podcast this morning, Thur. morning on top of the regular one this Friday. Can't wait for that!!

Defuser

Wes said:
More like it's either Luke or Garnett will do damage control if it's good and Shane for bad news.

Wollan

Where did he say it?

Edit: Garnett will probably be very quiet about the whole thing or slightly unimpressed no matter what it is.

Top Bottom