• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS3 Custom Theme Thread

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
TheJollyCorner said:
you're talking for the PSP right?

I did that. Then when I went to the PS3 to 'install' it a message came up that there were "no items to install"... damn!

maybe I'll just stick with the ones on the damn Japanese page. I really liked that sample one, too. :(

Don't worry, it will probably be on the Playstation Store update anyways.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
anyone looking for the themes that is being forced to download these from a web browser (can't do memory stick), make sure you are downloading them from your PS3. I just checked and the sony site IS passing the correct mime type. downloading the three new themes from the link on the first page should install them just fine on the PS3.

the direct download links are:
http://cdn.jp.playstation.com/ps3update/dl/sampletheme/pixels.p3t
http://cdn.jp.playstation.com/ps3update/dl/sampletheme/nature.p3t
http://cdn.jp.playstation.com/ps3update/dl/sampletheme/classypink.p3t

zedge

Is there something special you need to do to download the files through the browser? It just opens the xml in a new window...

zedge said:
Is there something special you need to do to download the files through the browser? It just opens the xml in a new window...

the sample one, sadly, can't be directly downloaded.

I love the winter one, but it's too hard to read. I wish you could make the icons/font black or something...

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
TheJollyCorner said:
the sample one, sadly, can't be directly downloaded.

I love the winter one, but it's too hard to read. I wish you could make the icons/font black or something...

You can make the bg darker in the theme settings. Makes it alot easier to read the font.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Someone should start by making a file that contains basic masks for all the standard icons, for those who don't want to necessarily build completely new icons for a theme.

TheJollyCorner said:
You can now change the brightness of the background independent from everything else in the theme settings, wallpaper submenu.

Tieno

m0dus you have a ps3? You could do some cool stuff with this one.

I also demand special GAF MEME PS3 THEMES!

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
m0dus said:
I think people read my tag, and fail to realize the clever joke hidden within, and (erroneously) take it literally. :)
/nod I can't tell you how many people think I live and work in Toronto. :(

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
borghe said:
/nod I can't tell you how many people think I live and work in Toronto. :(

On the other hand, I actually DO have a shining ivory tower.

Speevy

Banned
Riskbreaker23 said:
thats a great game and movie. i just found out the Little Nemo DVD goes for $60 and up on ebay!

It's pretty much my favorite game ever. I've played through it dozens of times.

zedge

borghe said:
those looking for the sample theme can dowload it from here

http://www.borgh.us/sample.p3t (also installs directly on PS3 from here)

you can't. icons need to be in png format, which doesn't allow for animation/frames.

What am I doing wrong? When I click on the download it just opens the xml in a new window. How do you download the file?

Speevy

Banned
zedge said:
What am I doing wrong? When I click on the download it just opens the xml in a new window. How do you download the file?

Try doing it from your PS3's web browser maybe?

tanod

when is my burrito
Just an FYI to the do-it-yourselfers. If you PM me a link, I'll add any custom themes you make to the GAF PSN threads.

lynux3

jakster4u said:
We need some gaf's art type to make us a XP theme for the PS3!:lol
Start button as the first icon, and so forth. IE button for the internet browser...

What? I'm still looking for original XMB icons so I can use for XP. :( Please GAF, make it happen!

I've just updated the OP. Let me know if there's anything else that should be added and if the links work from the PS3 to install the themes. Keep up the good work.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Once the creativity starts flowing in with all the stuff this thread is guaranteed to rock hard!

Ploid 3.0

I never did any icons before and I'm still a digital art noob. Working on uncharted theme slowly as I learn.

85x9etx.png

I need to do it more simple and work on doing good outlines. Ladybug gotta go.

Vashu

Ploid 3.0 said:
I never did any icons before and I'm still a digital art noob. Working on uncharted theme slowly as I learn.

85x9etx.png

I need to do it more simple and work on doing good outlines. Ladybug gotta go.

Ow man, that looks awesome... Can't wait for the full theme! :D

Top Bottom