• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 14: The Show Online League Thread - Will it work?

Oh my god what an awesome series! I didn't think I was gonna come back once you got that 4-1 lead and then we kept leaving runners in scoring position! Amazing game to end a great series!

great series crimson! can't believe i blew that lead. i shouldn't have left cueto in so long but then my reliever came in and gave up some hits too.

a big moment in the game was in the 3rd (i think) when i got back to back warning track outs. just a couple feet more and i could've blown the game wide open.... oh well!

Looking at the game log we both left a lot runners on base. I couldn't believe you got out of the 7th without me tying the game your reliever came in and got two or three huge pop ups in the infield. But Daniel Murphy came up with that big triple in the 8th. He's definitely the series MVP! I thought it was gonna be another Braves choke job like every postseason they've been in since 95 but I guess we're saving that for the WS. You were hitting well against me and shutting me down with your pitching the last few games since the 9-1 win.

Looking at the game log we both left a lot runners on base. I couldn't believe you got out of the 7th without me tying the game your reliever came in and got two or three huge pop ups in the infield. But Daniel Murphy came up with that big triple in the 8th. He's definitely the series MVP! I thought it was gonna be another Braves choke job like every postseason they've been in since 95 but I guess we're saving that for the WS. You were hitting well against me and shutting me down with your pitching the last few games since the 9-1 win.

yeah those 3 infield pop outs were huge. if that happened to me (runners on the corners with no outs) and i got nothing out of it i would be fuming!

ump made some questionable balls/strikes calls on both sides so i thought that was fair. i also got lucky on the play i got you at home that it was really shallow in the infield so i could go home with the ball. if it went to SS i would've likely conceded the run.

good luck in the world series brother!

yeah those 3 infield pop outs were huge. if that happened to me (runners on the corners with no outs) and i got nothing out of it i would be fuming!

ump made some questionable balls/strikes calls on both sides so i thought that was fair. i also got lucky on the play i got you at home that it was really shallow in the infield so i could go home with the ball. if it went to SS i would've likely conceded the run.

good luck in the world series brother!

I was furious! Lol. I thought that was my last chance it was three of my best hitters! Yeah the ump did how they usually do, a new strike zone every batter lol you caught me looking on a lot of close pitches especially when I had RISP.

On that play I didn't even tell the guy to run and by the time I noticed it was too late. Or were you taking about the Heyward play in the first? I don't remember how that happened I think it was similar. There was a play in the 2nd or 3rd where you hit a double and I threw to the cutoff man and you took off for 3rd and I couldn't throw the ball. He scored on a sac fly the next batter. I know I didn't cancel the throw cause I've had that turned off since day one.

Lol yeah some people had to leave town so we had to take it slow in the playoffs. The World Series should start this week though. Braves vs. Rockies/Pirates winner.

GGs Dominican, as I figured we would be tied 2-2 at the end of the night

I can't believe we made it through 3 straight games

I scared the shit out of my cat when Puig struck out with a chance to get the go ahead grand slam. I KNEW the curve ball was coming, still missed it. Then I blew another opportunity...and then I had no chance lol

GGs Dominican, as I figured we would be tied 2-2 at the end of the night

I can't believe we made it through 3 straight games

I scared the shit out of my cat when Puig struck out with a chance to get the go ahead grand slam. I KNEW the curve ball was coming, still missed it. Then I blew another opportunity...and then I had no chance lol

man i was nervous, that curve was right down the middle too. i did my own Papa Grande celebration after that K lol

My bad Crimson. My two night baseball orgy extravaganza with Pheeniks wore me out and I fell asleep. I'm good tonight same time though so let me know.

It's cool man. It gave me more time to play FIFA. I'll be around tonight!

I think I'm playing ferny in madden at 9:30 et but I can play after

Braves win game two 5-1 to take a 2-0 lead in the series! Bumgarner had a bad first inning but was able to shut them down the rest of the game.

I think game 3 is about to start in the next few minutes.

The Pirates take game three 4-1.

Game 4 starting now. Strasburg vs Greinke

Series tied 2-2

Pirates go ahead 3-2 going back to Atlanta. Both teams are undefeated at home this series.

We're gonna try to finish this in about an hour! I'm pitching Bumgarner game 6 even though he isn't completely rested. He shut them down his last start so I hope he can do it again and I'm going to try to start Strasburg game 7 if we win and he is rested a little more if not I'm gonna put him in the bullpen lol.

We're gonna try to finish this in about an hour! I'm pitching Bumgarner game 6 even though he isn't completely rested. He shut them down his last start so I hope he can do it again and I'm going to try to start Strasburg game 7 if we win and he is rested a little more if not I'm gonna put him in the bullpen lol.
lol my boy Medlen has this start. with everyone else on deck if need be!

Man my guys already missing fly balls

lol fly ball to the outfield and the guy on third doesn't tag up

Going to extra innings

That was bull shit should be bases loaded 1 out

So I think we're just gonna call the game since I was up 7-1 with two outs in the 5th and going out on a freeze seems like a perfect ending to this season anyway lol great season everybody!

Buuuuump

Are we doing a 15 league?

Why hello there

Yes we are

Probably the same deal. Smaller league, same circle of guys, fantasy drafted...but we shall take a consensus and see!

I'll start reaching out to the usual suspects.

So I think we're just gonna call the game since I was up 7-1 with two outs in the 5th and going out on a freeze seems like a perfect ending to this season anyway lol great season everybody!

the last post of last season, how fitting

let's hope this edition doesn't...................yeah right

Surprised to see this bumped.

It's gonna work this years guys! They even mentioned that online was one of their highest priorities
again...

Why hello there

Yes we are

Probably the same deal. Smaller league, same circle of guys, fantasy drafted...but we shall take a consensus and see!

I'll start reaching out to the usual suspects.

the last post of last season, how fitting

let's hope this edition doesn't...................yeah right

Lemme know when the thread is up :)

Top Bottom