• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 15: The Show League Thread - We're falling for this shit again?

So lately....

Both the Yankees and Rockies have clinched their division.

Mets lost two games to the Cubs which means the NL West race just got a little more tight.

Cubs won two and have tightened up the NL Central race.

Braves have clinched the wild card.

If the Athletics win 2 more games, that officially knocks out the Tigers, Royals, and Blue Jays.

abrack08

Look what I got randomly after playing my 2nd game vs the Reds

lFuQ1LW.jpg

Be jealous! I don't even play DD lol

rrc1594

So guys whats the consensus on the game. I'm going to buy a PS4 again. Gamestop is running a great deal get BB, MLB, and TLOU for 440.

Jonsson, Donaldson is a 93 now. HAPPY???

How close are we to having all the playoff spots clinched? We still starting this Thursday no matter what?

Yeah we will still advance Thursday, unless I hear somebody ask me to delay it because they have games scheduled.

I'll post more later today about where we're at.

Or now....

NL:
Marlins 23-3 (3) (Division leader)
Braves 23-6 (0) (Wild Card leader)
Mets 15-9 (5) (Division leader)
Angels 13-10 (6) (Division leader)
Bobs 12-8 (9)
Brewers 11-7 (11)
Dodgers 9-10 (10)

The only spots left in question is the AL Central. Eznark hasn't played a game since he bitched out on my series on June 2nd, so I flat out don't give a shit if he makes it or not. The Cubs and Angels are pretty tight so I would like to finish that out. And the Dodgers and Mets still have games to play for that division, but it appears that FMT is going to have to play lots of baseball!

Dodgers: Brewers (2), Athletics (3), Mets (2), Reds (3)
Mets: Dodgers (2), Giants (3)
Cubs: Red Sox (3), Brewers (3), Padres (3)
Angels: Yankees (1), Padres (3), Brewers (3)

If you're the Cubs and Angels, you might as well add 6 wins to your total unless you can pry the Brewers and Padres out to play.

AL:
Rockies 21-6 (2) (Division leader)
Yankees 20-7 (2) (Division leader)
Rangers 16-6 (7) (Division leader)
Athletics 15-8 (6) (Wild card leader)
Pirates 16-10 (3)
Red Sox 10-10 (9)
Rays 11-11 (7)

Rockies: Tigers (3)
Yankees: Angels (1), Blue Jays (2)
Rangers: Reds (1), Royals (3), Athletics (3)
Athletics: Dodgers (3), Rangers (3)
Red Sox: Cubs (3), Blue Jays (3), Rays (3)
Rays: Tigers (1), Padres (3), Red Sox (3)

The Pirates informed me a few weeks ago that he would finish out the season but he had the intention of selling the game and not continuing after the season, so if you're the Rangers and Athletics, the division and wild card spots are basically yours. The Tigers haven't played a game since June 11 and the Royals haven't played since June 7. So I guess those teams have checked out as well.

The AL spots are fairly set, but the Red Sox and Rays have been good members for us, so I want to give them a chance at catching up to one of the wild card spots.

TL;DR version of the above post:
Listed all the teams who have something to play for and who I think would actually like to participate in the playoffs if they get in.

So like I said, if you need more time, let me know, but I'd like for the contacting and scheduling to be attempted now, so we at least have an idea of where the finish line is. Sorry to be so pushy guys, but if I'm not, we'll never get to the end. This is about our 10th week of the league so it's about time to wrap the season up and find out just how fucked online franchises SSD has made for us.

Also, if you've got someone on your schedule left who is an opponent that is basically checked out, you can do one of two things...try to contact that person or just assume it's a sim win.
I'll have to check out the implications of a sim win though. I don't think it'd be fair if there was a tight race and one team just got free wins over the other because they happened to play these guys later in the year. But we can deal with that when it's time

Or another idea, if you're in a tight race with someone and they have games that are likely sim wins, maybe one team can control the other? So the angels and cubs have 6 likely-to-be-simmed games, and so when the angels play the brewers, maybe bob can take control of the brewers. just another thought don't know if it will work well

Mrbob

Pete I'm still feeling little down today so I don't know how late I'll be up tonight. My schedule has been a bit crazy too but it will settle down a bit on Thursday. If you want to start tomorrow I'll be home around 9 central we can get at least one game in.

eznark

Banned
Eznark hasn't played a game since he bitched out on my series on June 2nd, so I flat out don't give a shit if he makes it or not.

Been trying to play FMT! Been out of town most of the month, get off my balls doper!

Pete I'm still feeling little down today so I don't know how late I'll be up tonight. My schedule has been a bit crazy too but it will settle down a bit on Thursday. If you want to start tomorrow I'll be home around 9 central we can get at least one game in.

Hey man don't worry about it bro. I know how it is, I ain't mad at ya

we don't play each other

I hate this fucking game for so many reasons

Because of the trash it puts me through

And then after the game I get two silvers and enough money for a pack

And in that pack is a Johnny Cueto and a gold glove

I could spend my time with other games but I don't

Help

by the way does anyone here have worms on steam?

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Eznark hasn't played a game since he bitched out on my series on June 2nd, so I flat out don't give a shit if he makes it or not.

Been trying to play FMT! Been out of town most of the month, get off my balls doper!

lol. I gotta play FMT too, then I got Abrack for the season finale. Just gotta hold on to that wild card spot.

FMT let me know when a good time works for you. Looks like we gotta get our series in pretty soon here.

Today is the 25th. It's deadline day.

I haven't heard from anybody anywhere requesting any kind of extension. As far as I know, no games have been scheduled ahead of time, and since I made the announcement last Sunday and again earlier this week, there's been little movement on the games completed front. So I'll give until tonight for those with several games remaining to at the very least schedule their games before I officially move on.

And on Sunday that will be the beginning of the 11th week of the season, so we are definitely not extending past that.

As of now, this is the seeding.

NL:
1. Marlins
2. Braves
3. Mets
4. Angels

AL:
1. Rockies
2. Yankees
3. Rangers
4. Athletics

Who the hell knows what'll happen when we try to go to the playoffs, but if I had to start another season to get it to work, that's what the seeding would be.

An overall update of the picture:

NL:
Marlins 23-3 (3) (Division leader)
Braves 23-6 (0) (Wild Card leader)
Mets 15-9 (5) (Division leader)
Angels 13-10 (6) (Division leader)
Bobs 12-8 (9)
Brewers 11-7 (11)
Dodgers 11-10 (8)

Dodgers: Brewers (2), Athletics (1), Mets (2), Reds (3)
Mets: Dodgers (2), Giants (3)
Cubs: Red Sox (3), Brewers (3), Padres (3)
Angels: Padres (3), Brewers (3)

AL:
Rockies 21-6 (2) (Division leader)
Yankees 20-7 (2) (Division leader)
Rangers 16-6 (7) (Division leader)
Athletics 15-10 (4) (Wild card leader)
Pirates 16-10 (3)
Red Sox 10-10 (9)
Rays 11-11 (7)

Rockies: Tigers (2)
Yankees: Blue Jays (2)
Rangers: Reds (1), Royals (3), Athletics (3)
Athletics: Dodgers (1), Rangers (3)
Red Sox: Cubs (3), Blue Jays (3), Rays (3)
Rays: Tigers (1), Padres (3), Red Sox (3)

Lan Dong Mik

PMd FMT to see if we can get our games going tonight. We may need an extension through Friday tho if that's cool. Not sure we can get all 3 games in tonight.

Edit: Our games are scheduled for 8:00mst tonight

abrack08

Reds guy has been dodging me since he asked if he could join the league (lol @ me), was like pulling teeth scheduling the two games we did play. I don't think Cali intends to play any more games this year, so I just have my 3 games vs Lan Don Mik.

Reds guy has been dodging me since he asked if he could join the league (lol @ me), was like pulling teeth scheduling the two games we did play. I don't think Cali intends to play any more games this year, so I just have my 3 games vs Lan Don Mik.

lol isn't that your friend?

as far as I know, Cali has been around, but doesn't play his opponents when they ask him, instead telling them "gotta play another series first that has priority" then proceeds to never play those games either

abrack08

He's just a guy from a Madden league I'm in, not anyone I know personally. I just said in the chat "Anyone wanna sub in for the Reds against me in the GAF MLB league?" And he said he wanted to take them over permanently.

When I asked Cali if he wanted to play our games he said he was probably going to quit, didn't push the issue.

Lan Dong Mik

lol @ cali. Heard he quit the madden league too after he was busted running up the score against the CPU and got suspended for his first playoff game haha.

Mrbob

Oh damn it was Rinse not Pete. :eek:

I'm ok with simming the way to the playoffs and if i get in I get in. Not sure I want to play Rinse if it means my last 6 games would be the simit option anyway.

abrack08

And swauny says I lack maturity

You quit because your trade (a 5th round pick for a good young linebacker) was declined, then threatened to release a bunch of players JP style. Quitting because you were forced to go on auto (essentially forfeit) in the playoffs is a bit more understandable.

Cali is also still in the league, after he cooled off.

Top Bottom