• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Square Enix Press Conference thread

Eteric Rice

schuelma said:
Is this something Wii related from the famitsu blog?

wƒ`ƒ‡ƒRƒ{x‚̍ŐVì‚ªWii‚ŁI
2007/05/10 (木曜日)
@”­•\‰ï‚Å‚Í‚±‚Ì‚Ù‚©‚É‚àAwƒtƒ@ƒCƒiƒ‹ƒtƒ@ƒ“ƒ^ƒW[XIIx‚Ì‹t—A“ü”ŁAwƒtƒ@ƒCƒiƒ‹ƒtƒ@ƒ“ƒ^ƒW[XII ƒCƒ“ƒ^[ƒiƒVƒ‡ƒiƒ‹ ƒ]ƒfƒBƒAƒbƒN ƒWƒ‡ƒu ƒVƒXƒeƒ€x‚ªƒvƒŒƒCƒXƒe[ƒVƒ‡ƒ“2‚ŁAwƒ`ƒ‡ƒRƒ{‚Ì•sŽv‹c‚ȃ_ƒ“ƒWƒ‡ƒ“xƒVƒŠ[ƒY‚̍ŐVìwƒ`ƒ‡ƒRƒ{‚Ì•sŽv‹c‚ȃ_ƒ“ƒWƒ‡ƒ“`Žž–Y‚ê‚Ì–À‹{`x‚ªWii‚Å”­”„‚³‚ê‚邱‚Æ‚ª”»–¾I@Ú×‚ÍŒã‚Ù‚Ç‚¨“`‚¦‚·‚邼B

SOMEONE TRANSLATE!

IF IT'S CHOCOBO DUNGEON I'LL KILL ALL OF YOU.

:(

UNTIL THEN I'LL BE OVER HERE... Watching Doctor Who.

Edit: Nooooo. :(

Yoboman

Mar_ said:
1164696306992-.gif

At last. Something to get excited about in this thread.
haydenspank.gif

schuelma said:
Is this something Wii related from the famitsu blog?

wƒ`ƒ‡ƒRƒ{x‚̍ŐVì‚ªWii‚ŁI
2007/05/10 (木曜日)
@”­•\‰ï‚Å‚Í‚±‚Ì‚Ù‚©‚É‚àAwƒtƒ@ƒCƒiƒ‹ƒtƒ@ƒ“ƒ^ƒW[XIIx‚Ì‹t—A“ü”ŁAwƒtƒ@ƒCƒiƒ‹ƒtƒ@ƒ“ƒ^ƒW[XII ƒCƒ“ƒ^[ƒiƒVƒ‡ƒiƒ‹ ƒ]ƒfƒBƒAƒbƒN ƒWƒ‡ƒu ƒVƒXƒeƒ€x‚ªƒvƒŒƒCƒXƒe[ƒVƒ‡ƒ“2‚ŁAwƒ`ƒ‡ƒRƒ{‚Ì•sŽv‹c‚ȃ_ƒ“ƒWƒ‡ƒ“xƒVƒŠ[ƒY‚̍ŐVìwƒ`ƒ‡ƒRƒ{‚Ì•sŽv‹c‚ȃ_ƒ“ƒWƒ‡ƒ“`Žž–Y‚ê‚Ì–À‹{`x‚ªWii‚Å”­”„‚³‚ê‚邱‚Æ‚ª”»–¾I@Ú×‚ÍŒã‚Ù‚Ç‚¨“`‚¦‚·‚邼B

something-something-FFVII Wii Remake-something-something.

Pre-emptive "yes I acknowledge that wasn't funny"

Red Blaster said:
If there's a game people want, they'll buy the machine when the game comes out. And a lot of people will probably want FFXIII. Hence it's not so crazy to assume a large JRPG fanbase will exist on PS3.

If that was the case, Square would've put a Final Fantasy game on the original Xbox.

Thunderbear said:
People are a bit stuck in this thinking IMO, SE are big enough that people will buy the platform that a lot of their games come out on. FFXIII will sell a shitload of a systems. So will other big name titles they release.

They're not Nintendo big.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Eteric Rice said:
SOMEONE TRANSLATE!

IF IT'S CHOCOBO DUNGEON I'LL KILL ALL OF YOU.

:(

UNTIL THEN I'LL BE OVER HERE... Watching Doctor Who.

It is :( My bad

Evlar

Banned
Jonnyram said:
I assume they're showing FF4 and Dissidia right now, but Gemaga can't report on them because Jump had the exclusive.
I would think that anything said in the press conference is free game. If they were NDA'ing portions of it they wouldn't allow blogging at all... would they?

legend166

cvxfreak said:
I thought that was a DQ-only thing.

Well, they only game out and said it for DQ. But it's obvious they were doing that for the PS2, and it made complete sense. They only made 1 GCN game.

Snaku

Banned
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
I thought that someone at Square-ENix said that "Nintendo fans would have been very happy". So, it was only a joke after all.

I think he was speaking towards the 7 & Under Nintendo fan crowd. =(

YAY!, now i'll finally be able to play SO1
hopefully
in English :D

That can't be the end of the announcements though, that's just ridiculous! 1 crappy outsourced spinoff for Wii and 1 awesome outsourced remake of a game now on it's 5th iteration?!

At least PSP gets a remake of a game not released in English yet!

zoukka

The lead guy is a half-man, half-beast ?

Looks pretty good. Animations could kill it.

EDIT: The City looks really crappy :(

Awntawn

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
I thought that someone at Square-ENix said that "Nintendo fans would have been very happy". So, it was only a joke after all.

I actually have a feeling that most Wii owners in Japan are bouncing all over the place in joy and excitement over the announcement of the chocobo game.

Sadly, I'm dead serious.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Mar_ said:
She's 'meant' to be 16 right? So I'm fine seeing as I live in Australia. Legal age of consent ftw.

Oh yeah damn right!

High Five!

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Phoenix Fang said:
If that was the case, Square would've put a Final Fantasy game on the original Xbox.

That makes absolutely no sense. Why? Yes it would of sold a lot of systems, but again, why?

Sony is obviously giving SE a lot of incentives (probably a shitload of rebates on the fees that they normally charge) to put it out on their system. MS has, I am sure, tried really hard to work on their relationship with SE but who knows what's going on behind the curtains.

Besides, people think long term. All you guys seem to be thinking the console sales "war" is over. I still bet the Wii is a fad that will die off, as much as you guys might hate it. I believe a lot of people, like some high-ups at SE, is thinking the same thing. But at this point we can just speculate and argue, and time will tell. I just think you guys are being a bit single tracked because for the first 6 months Wii has done well.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
God, what's up with The Last Remnant? How dissapointing :(. Those screens make it look really average.

Top Bottom