• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL: Starfield and Redfall delayed to 2023

Looks like there is a Gears of War Remastered/Remake collection in the works. Wouldn’t suprise me if that drops 2nd half of the year. Maybe Forza Motorsport.
I actually wouldn’t count out Hellblade 2, we have actually seen some footage from it.
My main concern with Forza Motorsport is the length of time it's been in development? Has anyone got any clue about that?

Nydius

Here you go, boys.
Thanks for that.
I was still digging through Twitter feeds to try to find it when it turns out I saw it on Reddit.

Sigh, I'm a dunce.

PS is just as bad. we saw spider-man and TLOU2 at E3 for years each. they show gameplay, but what does that really mean when you’re 2+ years from launch

Your anecdotes are irrelevant.
The actual data proves otherwise.

Sony announces games and then gets them out within a year, barring minor complications. Microsoft announces games and doesn't get them out for 3+ years. If they get them out at all (*cough*scalebound*cough*). And they've been this way since before COVID so the pandemic isn't a valid excuse.

Last edited:
No I don't report, but maybe I should if that is the only way. I simply want to be able to talk about games without the constant derailing by those whose only passion is to troll.
I see you Hendrick's Hendrick's . It can be frustrating reading some threads because there will always be overzealous fans of a particular brand. It's pretty easy to say 'both sides do it' but there is NEVER a consideration that both sides don't have equal numbers. If you imagine there being 10 X fans and 30 P fans banning an X fan has removed 10% of the population. Removing a P fan removed 3% of the population. So things aren't really equal at all and the both sides argument falls flat.

You are probably best suited to simply ignore people you find irritating and accept this board is not a democracy and posting here is a privilege not a right. Sony fans greatly outnumber Xbox fans here and they will let their opinion of Xbox known in any and every thread. Try not to let it bother you too much and if you find a point worth pushing back on avoid unnecessary emotion. Let's see if the showcase next month offers anything worth celebrating.

dcmk7

Banned
I see you Hendrick's Hendrick's Hendrick's Hendrick's . It can be frustrating reading some threads because there will always be overzealous fans of a particular brand. It's pretty easy to say 'both sides do it' but there is NEVER a consideration that both sides don't have equal numbers. If you imagine there being 10 X fans and 30 P fans banning an X fan has removed 10% of the population. Removing a P fan removed 3% of the population. So things aren't really equal at all and the both sides argument falls flat.

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Sony announces games and then gets them out within a year, barring minor complications. Microsoft announces games and doesn't get them out for 3+ years. If they get them out at all (*cough*scalebound*cough*). And they've been this way since before COVID so the pandemic isn't a valid excuse.
Taking shots at Microsoft for cancelling Scalebound when Sony took 7 years between the reveal of The Last Guardian and its eventual release. Not to mention there are still some people on the Sony camp waiting for AGENT to release...

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Taking shots at Microsoft for cancelling Scalebound when Sony took 7 years between the reveal of The Last Guardian and its eventual release. Not to mention there are still some people on the Sony camp waiting for AGENT to release...
Maybe this needs repeating:

Thanks for that.
I was still digging through Twitter feeds to try to find it when it turns out I saw it on Reddit.

Sigh, I'm a dunce.

Its amazes me how some folks choose to focus on a game here or there.....and just overlook....everything else......

Man, some of the Xdudes suffer from a severe case of short term memory loss.
Its why I have try my best to not engage.

Its like literally talking to a brick wall.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Looks like there is a Gears of War Remastered/Remake collection in the works. Wouldn’t suprise me if that drops 2nd half of the year. Maybe Forza Motorsport.
I actually wouldn’t count out Hellblade 2, we have actually seen some footage from it.
i remember playing gears of war once, at a friend's house a long time ago, the ending if i recall was some boss on a moving train.

Actually liked the game alot, had a gun that called down a laser and obliterated the area.

Looking forward to seeing what they do with a remaster, must be loads of decent gears games to go through.

sircaw

Banned
Do you report posts?

Both sides do this all day- everyday.

As for your original gif in response to Sony fans being banned- I've banned many of them myself. More reply bans, warnings, and post deletions than I can count. You know what is most annoying as a mod? Seeing people who are every bit as involved in the juvenile toy wars, act sanctimonious on here.

Friendly little advice, insular toy fan groups should all lead by example- then maybe things would actually lead to change you wish to see. Unless of course, one is already leading by example.
I report hundreds of posts to you and not once have you banned Hendrick's Hendrick's or adamsapple adamsapple .

Terrible mod tbh "lollipop_disappointed:

Lognor

Banned
Thanks for that.

Sigh, I'm a dunce.

If you're going back to Scalebound, then no, you're wrong. Sony does NOT get games out within a year.
I just went through a list of Sony published games since the time of Scalebound. Until Dawn came out three years after it was announced. The Order 1886 came out two years after it was announced. Ratchet & Clank (PS4) came out 2 years after it was announced. The Last Guardian was announced SEVEN years before it released. Uncharted 4 was announced 2.5 years before it released.

I stopped at 2016, but I'm sure if I go further we would find even more Sony games that were released more than a year after the announcement. If you want to argue that this is no longer the case with Sony, okay. But don't bring up Scalebound to try to help your argument. It makes you look ill informed.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
i remember playing gears of war once, at a friend's house a long time ago, the ending if i recall was some boss on a moving train.

Actually liked the game alot, had a gun that called down a laser and obliterated the area.

Looking forward to seeing what they do with a remaster, must be loads of decent gears games to go through.
The Hammer of Dawn. Ooooh how I love using it on those miserable alien bastards.

Hezekiah

Banned
There was a report by Polygon. This is from March 31, 2022, so about less than two months ago.

They're not a top level studio, I think they were bought for the convenience factor more than anything.

But it highlight a trend, and the futility of CGI trailers - State of Decay, Fable, Perfect Dark. All have signs of troubled development and won't be out for well over two years. Same applies to Wolverine, though I'm hopeful that comes a year after Spiderman as Insomniac have been productive the past few years.

Hezekiah

Banned
Zero chance Hellblade comes out this year.

The first game was really short, so it might make it for next year if this one is the same length, but we'd know if there was an expectation for release this year.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Zero chance Hellblade comes out this year.

The first game was really short, so it might make it for next year if this one is the same length, but we'd know if there was an expectation for release this year.
Well, Hellblade 2 was also not in full production at least up until June 2021, as per the following report by Polygon. So I think it'd be unfair to expect that game to release this year.

Well, Hellblade 2 was also not in full production at least up until June 2021, as per the following report by Polygon. So I think it'd be unfair to expect that game to release this year.

We already saw gameplay of this title during the game awards last year. Who knows what it's current state is right this second and it's at least possible for it to be ready at the end of this year. Time hasn't stood still since the news report.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
We already saw gameplay of this title during the game awards last year. Who knows what it's current state is right this second and it's at least possible for it to be ready at the end of this year. Time hasn't stood still since the news report.
Yes, they must have made some good progress if the game entered full production in June 2021, after a long pre-production period. But less than 1.5 years of full production doesn't seem enough (in most cases, at least).

That's why I think the expectation of a 2022 release date might be unfair. An H2 2023 release date would be more reasonable in my opinion. That'd give 2 years of full production time, and a few months on top of it for further optimizations and bug fixes.

Hellblade 2, Everwild*, and Starfield are the three XGS games I am excited for.

Riky

$MSFT
I see you Hendrick's Hendrick's . It can be frustrating reading some threads because there will always be overzealous fans of a particular brand. It's pretty easy to say 'both sides do it' but there is NEVER a consideration that both sides don't have equal numbers. If you imagine there being 10 X fans and 30 P fans banning an X fan has removed 10% of the population. Removing a P fan removed 3% of the population. So things aren't really equal at all and the both sides argument falls flat.

You are probably best suited to simply ignore people you find irritating and accept this board is not a democracy and posting here is a privilege not a right. Sony fans greatly outnumber Xbox fans here and they will let their opinion of Xbox known in any and every thread. Try not to let it bother you too much and if you find a point worth pushing back on avoid unnecessary emotion. Let's see if the showcase next month offers anything worth celebrating.
Summed up perfectly.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Not surprised you'd brush off any bad marks from Sony's resume as "anecdotes". I guess if it helps you sleep better at night.
You say this...with an actual list posted a few pages ago......that some are outright choosing to ignore.

Its like you didnt even read my post.

I cant...

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
Top Bottom