• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Starfox Command Thread

Why isn't anyone talking about the awesomeness of this little gem? I just finished my first run thru the game and I can't explain how happy I am about how the game turned out.

Hot free flight Arwing action all the way, none of that third person crap. New gameplay mechanics "Do a barrel roll!" automatically picks up powerups and deflecting enemy shots adds to your timer. Alternate endings and branching levels. So much stuff to unlock.

This game has replaced Metroid Pinball as my defacto DS game. I love the little bits of strategy involved when setting up the melee sorties and the fact that you can use different characters to tackle different levels based on their own strenghts. Hella fun!

I am a Starfox junkie and this game is everything I could have hoped for and a little bit more. Even the story is pretty fun! Seriously, give this game a try if you have the slight interest in Starfox. I seriously doubt you'll regret it.

I have yet to try the multiplayer but reviews seem to indicate that it's pretty fun too. So how about it NGAF?

Taichu

I'm waiting for an on-rails, four player co-op, air/tank/sub (no foot), emo less Star Fox like any decent NeoGAFfer.

I give this game 7.5 out of 10.

But I'm ranking it from 1-10 there, not 7-10.

I loved quite a lot of it, my only issue with it really was the repetative nature of the missions. But that didn't bother me until after I got my third ending. I didn't have enough persistance to go back and get the remaining...5?

There were 8, right?

Controls were flawless too. I'd love a sequel that expands on the concept, but with maybe more variation in the levels. Would it be impossible to just put some on-rails stuff in there, Nintendo?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I think there were 10 cinematics total, logged in the gallery, including the prologue, so that'd be 9 endings? *shrugs* I moved on after 2. Though it IS the kind of game I'll be revisiting periodically over the months and years, like the first two Star Fox titles. <3 <3

yayaba

It was a great game, no doubt. However, I'm finding it hard to find motivation to go back to it. I usually sell games that I beat after the first try but I kept this one because I liked it too much to part with.

Mejilan said:
I think there were 10 cinematics total, logged in the gallery, including the prologue, so that'd be 9 endings? *shrugs* I moved on after 2. Though it IS the kind of game I'll be revisiting periodically over the months and years, like the first two Star Fox titles. <3 <3

My problem is I died on the big last boss (the one you fight kinda like Andross in 64) and died, retried and died, and now it's been too long that I don't wanna go back just to die again...

Top Bottom