• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Tales of Monkey Island Thread of three-headed monkeys

Omikaru

Baloonatic said:
Ah thanks. I looked at B for Britain and E for England but didn't think of that one. What a strange choice :lol
I guess Telltale are pro-Empire, anti-Monarchy:D . I looked for Britain aswell, and then Wales (you never know!).

Sound effects, but the voice acting is great, and really adds to some of the characters in particular.

You can level Music / Voice / Sounds.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Baloonatic said:
Ah thanks. I looked at B for Britain and E for England but didn't think of that one. What a strange choice :lol
From the FAQ on Telltale's site:
I live in [insert country here]. Can I buy Tales of Monkey Island?

Yes! In our online store, we accommodate nearly every country in the whole wide world. During checkout you'll be presented with a long list of countries to choose from. If yours isn't there, email support@telltalegames.com and we'll look into it. But that almost never happens. (Oh, and if you're in the UK, it's listed as Great Britain. Don't ask us why. Ask the United States Post Office.)

Damodar

Darkflight said:
So it has subtitles, but sound plays a part in puzzles, does this mean sound effects or voices? Can I mute the voices and play with subtitles and blur my vision to pretend I'm playing an old-school game, but keep the sound effects or is it sound on/off?

But but... Dom Armato :(

nny

Damodar said:
9am and 12pm PST, I would imagine.

which you are... 8 hours ahead of? So expect it in the evening perhaps? 5pm to 8pm wherever you are, would be my guess.

Oh, thanks for that; so only at the end of the day...oh well, guess I'll be a little more productive for now then.

Damodar

This is awesome, coz we're all getting desperate and the waiting is agony and we get to go through it 4 more times for the next 4 months! :lol

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Bliddo said:
Preordered.... now I have to pick the free episode
How's wallace and grommit?
really good, in my opinion

it's simpler than, say, Sam & Max, in that there aren't any dialogue trees, but it's still a really cool series with some good puzzles and character interaction. If you're going to get an episode get number one or two.

Personally I preferred number two, but a lot of people liked number one more, apparently.

Minsc

Gold Member
I wonder if this is beatable in a single night? I'm hoping it's more than just two or three hours long.

Zzoram

Minsc said:
I wonder if this is beatable in a single night? I'm hoping it's more than just two or three hours long.

One review said it's around 4-5 hours. For $9 (or $7 if you preordered the whole run) that is plenty of content. It's what it would cost you to rent and beat the 4 hours of Terminator Salvation, only you get a better game with Tales of Monkey Island.

madara

I'm so excited for you guys, hot revival indeed. Makes me wish for Al Lowe Larry or Roberta King Quest or Coles Quest for Glory.

Flib

Totally forgot this was coming today, and I feel terrible because Monkey Island is probably my favorite series of games (excluding Escape).

Just ordered it now, and I still got the preorder bonus even though it technically ended on the 6th, so anyone who still wants it should bite the bullet.

Hm, don't know if I should get this on PC or Wii. I have a pretty good PC so it wouldn't be a problem playing that version. Have they announced a price for the Wii yet? 1000 points/ep I'm guessing, which would mean it would be a lot more expensive than the PC version at $34.95... PC version it is then!

Sciz

Damodar said:
This is awesome, coz we're all getting desperate and the waiting is agony and we get to go through it 4 more times for the next 4 months! :lol
Frankly, I'm happy to see an official Telltale thread that will actually get posts month-to-month. Pretty sure this already has more posts than any other official thread prior. ;p

mclem

Zzoram said:
One review said it's around 4-5 hours. For $9 (or $7 if you preordered the whole run) that is plenty of content. It's what it would cost you to rent and beat the 4 hours of Terminator Salvation, only you get a better game with Tales of Monkey Island.

That may be overgenerous, I generally find that I end up an hour or two faster than the times quoted by most reviews of Telltale titles. I'm expecting two-three hours, personally, and I'll be delighted if it goes beyond that.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
AndyMoogle said:
Hm, don't know if I should get this on PC or Wii. I have a pretty good PC so it wouldn't be a problem playing that version. Have they announced a price for the Wii yet? 1000 points/ep I'm guessing, which would mean it would be a lot more expensive than the PC version at $34.95... PC version it is then!
No official pricing but they said it would be in line with their StrongBad prices.
So yeah, I'm expecting 1000 points/ep too.

Flib

mclem said:
That may be overgenerous, I generally find that I end up an hour or two faster than the times quoted by most reviews of Telltale titles. I'm expecting two-three hours, personally, and I'll be delighted if it goes beyond that.

If the whole series ends up clocking 10-15 hours, that's great. Pretty solid length for an adventure game.

Well I impulse purchased the PC version. Since it's in US dollars I only had to pay about half what I would pay if I had bought it on Wii. Not to mention the extra stuff you get for pre-ordering the whole season.

Pre-ordered this last night not realizing it was coming out today! Holy crap. I get excited just hearing that classic Monkey Island music. Hell I went outta town this weekend and ended up going to Catalina Island and couldn't help but constantly think of Monkey Island lol. :lol

Can't wait to get home and download this bad boy!

mitheor

nny said:
Oh crap, the Telltale website is dead for me...the game is comiiing!

><

Not really ... tweet:

"telltalegames Hey all, we're aware of the site issues and we're working on them right now."

Sqorgar

Banned
civilstrife said:
They single-handedly revived a dead genre.
That's incredibly unfair to all the other adventure games that have helped contribute to the revival. There's been a lot of adventure games released on the DS and the genre has been going strong in Europe for a while now. Besides, I think Phoenix Wright, and by that Capcom, probably deserves the lion's share of the credit for the US market.

nny

mitheor said:
Not really ... tweet:

"telltalegames Hey all, we're aware of the site issues and we're working on them right now."

NOOOOOOO!!

*ahem*

Well, It'll be here shortly.

Xater

MMaRsu said:
Ehh yeah that's what I meant sorry :p. SOMI :p.

If you want to create an official thread be my guest. I heard of no one else who wants to do one.

No I am sad the episode is not out yet. I was hoping I come back from uni and get to play. :(

Whoever asked about Wallace and Gromit: It is somewhat simpler than Sam & Max but if you like the characters it's awesome. I just have to chuckle every time Gromit gives Wallace the stern face. :lol

Runus

How did I forget to pre-order this!?!?! Problem fixed though. Still got the pre-order bonus too! :D Gonna be a good night

CiSTM

Banned
Telltale is still down and I haven't yet downloaded my game :( With my luck it will be down untill tomorrow.

Dougald

At least Telltale made the good choice of not putting a time down. Whenever companies just do that it's like begging for us to be disappointed

I've waited years for this, I can wait a few more hours :D

nny

Xater said:
I better do something else to calm my nerves. Maybe I should watch Torchwood...

Well, I'm leaving for my yoga class soon, wanna join me? (if the game is not released when I return, I'm sure all the relaxation will be gone immediately though).

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
ugh I'm goin to eat something outside this wait is notgood for anyone :/

Heh, just got this message when trying to access the site:

Yikes! Our database is having some issues, so to prevent you from seeing the horror that lies within (within the site, that is), we've decided to show you this calming page instead. Just let the neutral grey wash over your subconscious, cleaning away the slimy plaque that is worry, and the calcium scale that is doubt.

I can't stay mad at these people...:D

BlueMagic

I have a question for those who played the game:
Does it really feel like a Monkey Island game?
That's my biggest fear...

I just got a new page when refreshing the site. It was a handdrawn image of a Narwhal being carried through the air by seagulls with the text: "Something's up, but we're on it."

Top Bottom