• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official "Trailer" of Seasons of Heaven for Nintendo Switch released

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
No. It seems Like LKD and these guys cooperated on this "leak". Pretty gross if true imo.

Yeah this seems very likely. It's all pretty bizarre. Seems like they gave her the trailer and then she took some blurry photos of it on purpose to make it look like a leak. This whole thing is not a good look for anyone really

BY2K

Membero Americo
I almost feel sorry for the devs that their trailer comes out just after it's been practically confirmed that the Switch is nowhere near powerful enough to run the game, but only because the premise sounds decent.

Don't be.

They most likely only announced this game as a Switch exclusive to get attention.

I almost feel sorry for the devs that their trailer comes out just after it's been practically confirmed that the Switch is nowhere near powerful enough to run the game, but only because the premise sounds decent.

They weren't developing this game based off an idea of what he Switch was. While they don't have a dev kit they did meet Nintendo where they presumably told them what to expect with the Switch.

I don't expect the Switch version to look like this, but that's on the developer since they know full well what to expect.

Burbeting

Banned
It looks like a tech demo. The trailer does very tell inform the viewer what the game is supposed to even be about. Is it open world or linear? Plot driven or not?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I hate to be cynical, but once you add up all the evidence this really does seem like a ploy to gather attention for the developer's book. The already released book has been mentioned on both the "teaser" and "trailer", and can be purchased on Amazon for the cheap price of $24.90. Going by the reviews, at least one person has already taken the bait and ... switch...

Screenshot of the actual Switch version

UegImqg.jpg

wow that looks horrible.

I don't know if this was discussed on NeoGAF, but French website Factor News believe this game is most likely fake (at least as being a Switch game) due to some questionable background surrounding the studio behind this and the fact they are freely talking about a Switch game besides the Nintendo NDA. Here is a link in english about the story ran by Factor News. Somehow I doubt Seasons of Heaven will be featured at the January event, but who knows ^^
Shouldn't there be a thread of its own for this? The founder of the studio seems to be full of BS (I've seen some parts of an interview from him and he says looooots of things that sound like a big pile of BS, like how he almost got a job in the FBI).

Though I can't really tell without playing it, it definitely does not look promising. Looks like a bunch of stock textures thrown into the Unreal engine and generated rocks and flora and some badly faked lighting.

Alphahawk

I always feel wary whenever an indie develepor announces their new game will be coming exclusively to a Nintendo console without any type of moneyhatting involved. To my knowledge this has happened at least four times (Nibris. Bob's Game, AE Sports or whatever that WiiU devs name was. this) and usually the game's never end up seeing the light of day and it turns out that Nintendo has usually either never heard of them, or are actively avoiding them .

It seems that there's a misplaced nostalgia around Nintendo and often these devs try to get there stuff out there too check off one childhood fantasy off their list. I say it's misplaced because in this day and age, there are several other alternative outlets that would better be suited for these "pie in the sky" developers but they steadfastly believe that Nintendo is the only way.

Top Bottom