• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
It starts with running three DEs in your front four
DE DT DE DE

Do you even have 3 DEs on that Jags Roster 'Shake? You gotta rebuild that team in the offseason

I do now, yes. Thanks to bluemax.

I think i have 3 DE's and 4 DT's now. I really dont know the first thing about building a roster in madden. I dont know what the most important attributes are for the players. i always try to find the most rounded players with good ratings but i see others build teams with nothing but speed. Or people that go with just a few high payed superstars.

I still don't think my roster is that bad. You can't look on LM because its not accurate. I actually have more players than what LM shows because i had to sign some quick in game cause LM was being gay. I'm going to fix it today hopefully.

I think my problem is that my defensive scheme is about as vanilla as it gets. Wellie helped me out with a few tips for manufacturing pressure and it helped alot... but my overall scheme is still not very good. I dont make any adjustments presnap aside from my DL... LB's CBs get no love. I feel i have just enough time to make 1 or two adjustments to my DL before the snap.

Add to all this that i throw lots of picks with some unfortunate fumbles and you have a recipe for 0-25 or whatever the fuck my record is so far lol

It's DE DE DT DE, and I control the second DE from the left.

The point of my manual defender is to eat up blockers. Which blockers I attack is dependent obviously on the playcall and the situation. I don't like to send blitzers into the same gap that I am trying to occupy with a DL or worse my DL unless it's by design. It causes traffic jams and my defenders get washed in the mess. What I've found myself doing is blitzing, and hitting that same gap with my manual defender, shedding the blocker and trying to pick off the RB if he's staying in to block so that my LB comes in free.

I've always felt like you can just randomly add pieces to an offenses but you need to build a defense with a vision or you'll screw yourself up.

Ramirez

How do you guys have any kind of success on D without making adjustments and without having an OP defense?

I think you have to be able to produce a counter to everything your opponent is going to throw at you, contain their top weapons, and consistently attack the pocket. If you don't diversify on D your opponent is going to wreck you, the game is too offensive.

I've gotten a lot better at this, most people snap it so fast though it feels like I'm racing a 3 second clock every snap to make 3-4 adjustments. I usually get a couple snaps a game where I have something ridiculous happen, like making a spy audible and as I hit the right stick they hike it and I do the hit stick animation, lol.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I've gotten a lot better at this, most people snap it so fast though it feels like I'm racing a 3 second clock every snap to make 3-4 adjustments. I usually get a couple snaps a game where I have something ridiculous happen, like making a spy audible and as I hit the right stick they hike it and I do the hit stick animation, lol.

You don't need to make adjustments, jerk.

LukeSmith

No matter how fast the snap is, you have about 6-7 seconds. As soon as the huddle breaks on D, I am lining up the coverages in Man or some Man/Zone combo that I'm going to build at the line of scrimamge. It definitely feels like less time than that.

I know on offense I usually try and snap right away to minimize the time someone can take to adjust, unless I see something I don't like.

When you're playing Wellie's O, as soon as the huddle breaks he's starting to audible - his QB's are loud, so he's usually probably changing the Oline around, unless he's setting receiver routes without seeing the coverage/personnel.

Ramirez

No matter how fast the snap is, you have about 6-7 seconds. As soon as the huddle breaks on D, I am lining up the coverages in Man or some Man/Zone combo that I'm going to build at the line of scrimamge. It definitely feels like less time than that.
l

Yea, I'm sure it's longer than it feels. The old Maddens had zones with man coverage in them, but now I have to this all myself presnap. So if you want to man up both outside WRs, you have to cycle through one side of the field to the other, then make sure you hit the right button on what man to man up. I've had that backfire a couple of times recently...

Only 5 games left!

LukeSmith

Yea, I'm sure it's longer than it feels. The old Maddens had zones with man coverage in them, but now I have to this all myself presnap. So if you want to man up both outside WRs, you have to cycle through one side of the field to the other, then make sure you hit the right button on what man to man up. I've had that backfire a couple of times recently...

A->d-pad down->B
A-d-pad down->X

worst part is trying to highlight the corner you want the fastest

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

I know on offense I usually try and snap right away to minimize the time someone can take to adjust, unless I see something I don't like.

When you're playing Wellie's O, as soon as the huddle breaks he's starting to audible - his QB's are loud, so he's usually probably changing the Oline around, unless he's setting receiver routes without seeing the coverage/personnel.

Both OL and pretty much on every pass play I have there's a route that I don't like. I hate having throw away routes so I blindly change it.

I know I cant execute like a bunch of the players here so I have to outsmart. It just sucks when you study up to outsmart and the other guy doesn't want to participate. -_-

gg Smokey

I don't even know what to say. That was the stupidest first half of madden I have ever seen. You had maybe 6 offensive plays? My defenders played dumb and watched a ball sail to Gonzalez for a TD. Another play where I fucked up like a boss and you popped that slant off for a TD. Then the mst ridiculous stuff I have ever seen with Bray Bray not giving a fuck. Also, your amazing int where the safety jumped the curl route from 5 yards behind it lol

And that was the most amazing fumble I have ever seen to end the game. All i could do was laugh

Smokey

gg Smokey

I don't even know what to say. That was the stupidest first half of madden I have ever seen. You had maybe 6 offensive plays? My defenders played dumb and watched a ball sail to Gonzalez for a TD. Another play where I fucked up like a boss and you popped that slant off for a TD. Then the mst ridiculous stuff I have ever seen with Bray Bray not giving a fuck. Also, your amazing int where the safety jumped the curl route from 5 yards behind it lol

And that was the most amazing fumble I have ever seen to end the game. All i could do was laugh

strip button on that last fumble

it's what allowed braylon to score on that td...i caught up to him and tried to strip the ball and he just threw the guy off. way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

strip button on that last fumble

it's what allowed braylon to score on that td...i caught up to him and tried to strip the ball and he just threw the guy off. way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

I don't even know how that was possible. Scheffler literally caught the ball, made a collision (with no time for an animation of any sort) and threw the ball away to be lost in a sea of my tears.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
This thread on the second page of the online forum? Tsk tsk.

What's the word with LM? I have a CB that has 7 ints but he's not listed in the league leaders section when you expand it.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
This thread on the second page of the online forum? Tsk tsk.

What's the word with LM? I have a CB that has 7 ints but he's not listed in the league leaders section when you expand it.

you have an 8 and a 7 int player? Damn.

Ramirez

you have an 8 and a 7 int player? Damn.

I thought the Bengals were terrible at generating turnovers?!

Games left:

Bills/Jags
Jets/Phins
Skins/Buccs
Browns/Broncos-apparently being played today

Any chance the other 3 get done tonight? :p

And if it did, would you double dip Crow?

BigAT

I have two seven int players and a six.

They're called your quarterbacks.

rim-shot.jpg

levious

yeah, I was going to make a joke like that but you have as many wins as I have losses so I would have just looked silly.

BigAT

You've thrown as many interceptions as I have this season.

Have I? Gross. I didn't realize Eli's numbers were that bad this year.

I suppose there's the relief that my numbers are coming with one of the worst rated starting quarterbacks in the league, as opposed to having the best one.

Sanjuro

Have I? Gross. I didn't realize Eli's numbers were that bad this year.

I suppose there's the relief that my numbers are coming with one of the worst rated starting quarterbacks in the league, as opposed to having the best one.

I'm one of the worst rated human opponents in the league, as opposed to one of the best.

Smokey

why does mass effect 2 looks so bad on 360?

do not want me3 on console, but looks like i won't have a choice due to choices carrying over etc etc.

not gonna play the me3 demo, but is it even more 3rd person shootery than me2?

McNei1y

ME1 was fun but it had a lot of flaws: inventory system, items, mako driving, and squad tactics.

ME2 was an upgrade on all of those things with a hit on its RPG factors. That sucks but ME2 was definitely awesome. Launching probes was kind of annoying after awhile but hey, the missions on random planets were much better than ME1's. It would be cool if they combined the two like they can have you land on a planet and scrounge for materials WHILE having unique missions.

Smokey

I'm like 18 hrs into me2 and am still rounding up the squad before going through the omega relay. Most of those 18 hrs have been exploring and mining all of the planets up to this point. I got way more materials than I need and have upgraded everything the game will allow up to this point.

ME was flawed but so good. In me2 I hardly ever give orders to the squad since its really not necessary.

McNei1y

I'm like 18 hrs into me2 and am still rounding up the squad before going through the omega relay. Most of those 18 hrs have been exploring and mining all of the planets up to this point. I got way more materials than I need and have upgraded everything the game will allow up to this point.

ME was flawed but so good. In me2 I hardly ever give orders to the squad since its really not necessary.

I agree with how useless the resources are after a point. They really should've had some other cool visual upgrades or something. I do like all the squad missions. The game definitely didn't further the plot much but the amount of missions and such was outstanding.

I used squad movements fairly often. Its really nice when they actually move behind cover instead of standing in the open.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
dmczafx23 10:21 am
tell livewire i can play tonight, and stop trying to dodge me by trying to find a replacement already

LukeSmith

The teams that don't generate Turnovers:

Cowboys 9 INTs 4 fumbles
Jags 10 INTs 2 Fumbles (not sure if that's forced or recovered?)
Redskins 12 INTs 4 fumbles
Browns 13 INTs 5 fumbles
Chiefs 15 INTs 3 Fumbles

(Colts 17 INTs 4 fumbles)

Teams that generate turnovers all over the place:
Niners 38 INTs 9 Fumbles
Raiders 30 INts 10 fumbles
Eagles 33 INTs 5 fumbles
Pats 34 INTs 6 fumbles

(steelers 23 INT 11 ff)

In defense of Ram: FMT, Sanjo and CB (almost) have generated as many INTs as Ram's defense has generated turnovers.

Splat

If we advance early, I'll have to get a third fill-in game from CB, though given his success I don't think that's the worst thing in the world haha.

levious

Then I bet most of my fumble recoveries were by Olinemen after Romo let go of the ball.

Top Bottom