• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Worldwide Launch Thread

Chittagong

Gold Member
Sipping beer at Heathrow - 7 h 8 m to go. I will just make it back in the to see first the Big Brother Finland final and then go and pick up my tree sitty. Talk about a great night!

Phranky

Banned
Lo-Volt said:
Some 300,000 Xbox 360s are likely to be available for Friday's European launch, though demand is far expected to exceed this.
300,000 for all of Europe? Huh? And who knows how many of those are tard packs...

Chittagong said:
Sipping beer at Heathrow - 7 h 8 m to go. I will just make it back in the to see first the Big Brother...
That's where I stopped reading.

swordsman

Banned
Back from the store after my work. I had PDZ S.E and PGR3 in my hand, but have to wait for tomorrow :)
Oh well just one night more and then the big day will be beginning for Europe.
Most of the stores here (Holland) open at 9:30 AM, but there will be also a midnight opening in some big cities.
Gamestore where I have placed my ordered will open at 8AM (normaly 9:30), but I will have to wait 1:30 hours for the one store where I just have reserved my two games (with 10 % discount)

PGR3=64.99 -10%= E58,49 <<<all including tax.
PDZ s.e= E70?? -10%=E63

The games cost more than in North America.

Goodluck for the other peoples whom are not certain if they can get hold on Xbox360.

I will get my Xdude 360 tomorrow around 10AM. Now its only matter at what price. I have pre-ordered it for 419 euros but I will try to get it from another store for 379 euros. But I wont complain if I'm "forced" to pay the full price. :)

Phranky

Banned
swordsman said:
Back from the store after my work. I had PDZ S.E and PGR3 in my hand, but have to wait for tomorrow :)
Oh well just one night more and then the big day will be beginning for Europe.
Most of the stores here (Holland) open at 9:30 AM, but there will be also a midnight opening in some big cities.
Gamestore where I have placed my ordered will open at 8AM (normaly 9:30), but I will have to wait 1:30 hours for the one store where I just have reserved my two games (with 10 % discount)

PGR3=64.99 -10%= E58,49 <<<all including tax.
PDZ s.e= E70?? -10%=E63

The games cost more than in North America.

Goodluck for the other peoples whom are not certain if they can get hold on Xbox360.

The games are £49.99 here in the UK, 2 games and you reach £100. I can't defend that... its outrageous pricing, especially when you consider that a few/or many (change that depending on where your loyalties lie) of those games could be considered mediocre.

Xbox 360 -1.

I was just messing around with my ipod connected to the 360 and found that using the picture browser in the dashboard you can actually set pictures as backgrounds. Sweet.

Tortfeasor

How do i set themes? I was playing around and saw I had about 6 or 7 themes already on the HD... But cannot figure out how to set them. Any advice?

PhatSaqs

Banned
trippingmartian said:
I was just messing around with my ipod connected to the 360 and found that using the picture browser in the dashboard you can actually set pictures as backgrounds. Sweet.
Yep. You can take any picture from your PC and set it as a BG via Media Connect as well.

Tortfeasor said:
How do i set themes? I was playing around and saw I had about 6 or 7 themes already on the HD... But cannot figure out how to set them. Any advice?
Press the jewel button on the controller, go to 'personal settings', and down to 'themes'

hadareud

The Translator
Does anyone have any info if there's a chance to get one from Argos in the Ealing/West London area tomorrow morning?

I was thinking of Richmond or Hounslow or something, anyone in this area that is in the know?

BioFan

PhatSaqs said:
Yep. You can take any picture from your PC and set it as a BG via Media Connect as well.
know how to have 4 seperate bgs for each blade?
wonder if it's possible, cos the halo, kameo, pgr, themes, each has it's own bg for each blade, so I think it's possible...

Danj

hadareud said:
Does anyone have any info if there's a chance to get one from Argos in the Ealing/West London area tomorrow morning?

I was thinking of Richmond or Hounslow or something, anyone in this area that is in the know?

Don't Argos have an in-store stock checker utility on their website somewhere?

hadareud

The Translator
Danj said:
Don't Argos have an in-store stock checker utility on their website somewhere?

Yeah, but I don't have the catalogue number and they took the 360 off their website. Thanks anyway.

I guess I'll just do a little tour in the morning and hopefully I get lucky

Yusaku

BioFan said:
know how to have 4 seperate bgs for each blade?
wonder if it's possible, cos the halo, kameo, pgr, themes, each has it's own bg for each blade, so I think it's possible...

It's not possible for an end-user. Gotta give people some incentive to pay for themes.

Only the default theme has any animation in the background, though.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Xbox 360 has launched in Finland just over an hour ago - one hour earlier than central Europe due to time difference. EB Games Helsinki had a queue of around 50 people. Not the riot that PS2 launch was, but way bigger than the launch of GameCube or the original Xbox, and pretty impressive considering that all these people had prepaid their console and just came to pick it up.

011220050012vl.jpg

Also, Microsoft was promoting a 24K gold faceplate, only 100 made in the world.

011220050023jv.jpg

Prine

Banned
Ebay would love those face plates :lol

im going to buy one just to support this idea (unfortunatly not the gold), i love it

Phranky

Banned
Prine said:
Havent been this excited since PS2 launch! Not long till i get my hands on PDZ and Kameo !!

Its the opposite for me. When the PS2 launched I had a genuine desire to buy it, although I eventually held off and never bought one. With the Xbox 360... indifference.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Yusaku said:
Only the default theme has any animation in the background, though.
The glass theme has background animation; carbon might also, but I can't remember. I use a custom setup - I have "glass" as my dashboard trim, and use the PGR3 guide pattern. Looks nice.

Prine

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
Will you even sleep tonight?? :lol

All i can think of is PDZ, PDZ, PDZ

Holy shit man, i get my hands on it in a few hours, 9 to be exact. Im going to celebrate by buying CoD2 aswell.

Too bad i have to go gym then uni tomorow, so i only get around 3 hours of playtime. 1pm till 7pm, then back to PDZ :D :D!!

Chittagong

Gold Member
Halo 2 looks AMAZING in 720p antialiased and with component video (not available with original PAL Xbox). The difference is night and day.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Jesiatha said:
Is Hexic HD not on there?

Sorry. Talked only about media. Of course it's there :)

My gf will love it.

EDIT: Jesiatha, do you know what the hell is eating up the HDD? I have only 12GB free, and the videos occupy only just under a gig. I'd guess the 12 songs are around 100MB total. Still missing 7GB - I think it was supposed to be a 20GB HDD.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
There are 13GB free on a clean drive. Considering that the actual capacity of a 20GB hard drive is about 18.5 after formatting, the Xbox uses around 5 for system files. This could be for executables, GUI, caching, BC files, etc. Kind of misleading, but I'm pretty sure MS has covered their asses by never stating 20GB in any official documents. I believe some of the talking heads might've let it slip in interviews, but that's no different than how they said DVDs would be upconverted, etc.

PhatSaqs

Banned
m0dus said:
AH, Prine, do me a fav--send me a voice message when you get your system. Feel free to use English colloquialisms, like "bloody f__king hell this is bloody tight S__tt!" and "Bollocks!" and don't forget "PDZ is F___king Fish'n chips muthaf__ker!"
:lol :lol :lol

hyp

Joe said:
madden demo up for DL

how do you guys find out about these new demo downloads? is there a central location on XBL where we can find out new uploads besides their psuedo "new game downloads" option in the menu? i'm talking, up to the minute type information.

Mrbob

PhatSaqs said:
That's ace. This is just awesome. MS for the fuckin win.
Downloadable demos on a console? Still cant believe it.

Anyone played it yet?

Definitely hot. Been waiting years for this to happen!

3 of the 4 demos available are from EA. Other companies need to get on the ball and offer some playable demos!

sangreal

Nerevar said:
no, it doesn't. Did you read what you posted, or did you just copy/paste the link from the other thread?

Did you?

"This limited offer remote won't be in the next shipment of units."

Yusaku

Highly unlikely. E3 demos are for the press, not the public. Demos are meant to promote games you can actually buy, not games you can buy in 18 months.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Went to the Best Buy in suburban Jackson, Mississippi today. Obviously no consoles for sale but they did have one hooked up to the massive (60''?) $5,000 Sony HDTV display model. There were some guys playing NFS:MW, and the lighting was legitimately jaw-dropping.

The display console was just sitting there on a shelf with no visible counter-theft measures. I wonder how many people thought about just grabbing it and running into a waiting getaway car.

Guileless said:
Went to the Best Buy in suburban Jackson, Mississippi today. Obviously no consoles for sale but they did have one hooked up to the massive (60''?) $5,000 Sony HDTV display model. There were some guys playing NFS:MW, and the lighting was legitimately jaw-dropping.

The display console was just sitting there on a shelf with no visible counter-theft measures. I wonder how many people thought about just grabbing it and running into a waiting getaway car.
Um.....Its usseless...

Why? Best Buy usually has a few Best Buy employees next to the door as you enter the store.

And...not to mention cameras.

They should have a case there, though, like some BB stores do with smaller HDTV's that demos PS2/Xbox games.

Top Bottom