• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oh noes, VG+ and Wii

Just recieved this email.

We are emailing you today about your Nintendo Wii preorder. We have finally been informed by our suppliers about our Nintendo Wii allocation. Unfortunately we have been told that we will not be given units for launch. Preorders were put up based on previous knowledge of getting units for launch. We have not been told when we will be getting units as the demand in North America for the Nintendo Wii has surpassed even Nintendos estimates.

We have also been notified we will be getting very limited quantity of the following due to shortages and allocations on the market. We will be filling orders best we can but can not guarantee shipment at launch for these items. Orders for the following will be filled on a first come first serve basis.

Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
Excite Truck
Trauma Centre Second Opinion
Wii Remote Controllers
Wii Nunchuck
Wii Classic Controller
Wii Points

If you wish to keep your order in queue you are free to do so but please understand that we can not guarantee a Nintendo Wii system before Christmas as we are unsure when units will be coming in.

Etc...

Videogamesplus.ca
Customer Service Representative

Burai

shitonmychest57
Oh dear. Looks like Canada gets the shaft too.

The only place I'd be confident of walking into a store on day one and picking up a Wii is in the USA. Hopefully my (UK) pre-order will come through.

Varshes

One online retailer doesn't condemn an entire nation. You will be able to walk in to many major retailers and buy one.

Mii

Banned
Its going to get really ugly on GAF if this 'walk in and buy' mentality totally backfires due to enormous demand.

I wonder how much chance there is of this? It's looking more and more possible with each massive line for pre-orders...

Dazzla

I don't know whether to leave my pre order on VG+, I've got a PAL unit pre ordered but 2 out of the 3 games I want aren't out in the UK (Trauma Center and Metal Slug), what the hell is that all about?!

medrew

god, if VG+ aren't getting them then the place I preordered from won't and I'm going to be wii short until at least next year. :'(
Still beats PAL.

NotWii

Banned
FoxHimself said:
Errr, Europe will have it before next year.
Oh how quickly we forget...

Mario Sunshine USA: Aug 2002
Mario Sunshine EUR: Oct 2002

Metroid Prime USA: Nov 2002
Metroid Prime EUR: Mar 2003

Animal Crossing USA: Sep 2002
Animal Crossing EUR: Sep 2004
TWO YEARS LATER...

Wind Waker USA: Mar 2003
Wind Waker EUR: May 2003

RE4 USA: Jan 2005
RE4 EUR: Mar 2005

Don't forget Nintendo of Europe is responsible for not bringing over games such as Chrono Trigger and Super Mario RPG in the past.

Burai

shitonmychest57
Varshes said:
One online retailer doesn't condemn an entire nation. You will be able to walk in to many major retailers and buy one.

The problem is that VG+ are usually really good. They always have units on day one (even in the face of awful shortages like with DS, DS Lite, Xbox 360 and PSP) and with regular restocks.

If they can't get any Wii's for day one whatsoever and have no idea when they'll be getting their first stock, I think that's a good indication of where the country is as a whole. There's no reason why VG+ would suddenly start getting treated like crap by Nintendo in favour of other retailers.

SantaC

Zerodoppler said:
Nintendo is just bluffing. I'll keep my preorder and sign up for a PAL one as well.

Nintendo? It is VGP. THIS IS AN OUTRAGE I HAVE BEEN SNUBBED ON MY PRE-ORDER

keke

Why people refuse to think that it is possible that Wii get a sold out sign on day one.

It is possible and it will be very funny here on GAF...

SantaC

jarosh said:
guess we're in the same boat now. two charitable gaffers are our last hope...

yeah so i heard belzeeboo something gets you a wii, ia m just wondering how he is able to do it. Is it going to buy 2 wii's? Is it even allowed to buy 2 wii from same store?

keke said:
Why people refuse to think that it is possible that Wii get a sold out sign on day one.

It is possible and it will be very funny here on GAF...
As new as I am to this place I am pretty convinced that many of this forum's denizens live in a fantasy world :lol

The interest and demand for the Wii is enormous. I remember it being near impossible to find a DS when it launched despite sparse advertising and lukewarm initial interest. There will be enough Wiis in supply that in the right regions and enough luck you'll have a shot at being able to find one on a shelf somewhere in town, but it won't be easy.

Wii said:

TWO YEARS LATER...

Don't forget Nintendo of Europe is responsible for not bringing over games such as Chrono Trigger and Super Mario RPG in the past.

Oh I have not forgotten.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Wii said:

TWO YEARS LATER...

unf. I actually had forgotten.

:(

jarosh

SantaC said:
yeah so i heard belzeeboo something gets you a wii, ia m just wondering how he is able to do it. Is it going to buy 2 wii's? Is it even allowed to buy 2 wii from same store?
two different stores

Lee N

Membre
I got the same mail. Personally I find it very odd how they havn't managed to secure a single unit for the launch.

Also:
If you wish to keep your order in queue you are free to do so but please understand that we can not guarantee a Nintendo Wii system before Christmas as we are unsure when units will be coming in.
We ask that all cancellation requests be sent to us no later than Monday November 13th, 6:00AM Eastern Standard Time. So we may have enough time to cancel orders.
.. enough time for what?

Thankfully, I have it preordered at more than one place.

Tarazet

Ha.. I actually canceled my order a couple of days ago, because I had to ask those morons to change my mailing and billing address three times. First they changed only my billing address, second time nothing, and third time they changed my billing address back to the original one. Dumb****s.

andthebeatgoeson

Space Kimchi said:
As new as I am to this place I am pretty convinced that many of this forum's denizens live in a fantasy world :lol

The interest and demand for the Wii is enormous. I remember it being near impossible to find a DS when it launched despite sparse advertising and lukewarm initial interest. There will be enough Wiis in supply that in the right regions and enough luck you'll have a shot at being able to find one on a shelf somewhere in town, but it won't be easy.

I could have sworn that people are gonna be there day one, probably hour one but refuse to believe you have to line up for it. For instance, you should be able to walk in before 12pm and get one. That may be sketchy. But after that and closer to thanksgiving and definitely after black friday, there ain't no chance. You still have the launch excitement and kids will be begging for it over that week and on Thanksgiving. They'll be all out by that Friday.

Batongen

Banned
Wii said:
Aren't their prices like 2x the regular price?

Nah, they are a little more pricy, but they are usually fast and reliable.

edit: ok, so they announced their price.. dammit, importers am ****ed.

NotWii

Banned
Nash said:
The Wii situation is beginning to degenerate into a panic!
Not really, just the importers, because online retailers are being shafted in favor of 'regular' joints like Toys R Us.

I hope DVDBoxOffice are getting units, and I hope I'm not too far down the queue :S

Batongen

Banned
oh boy am I glad that I cancelled that preorder =(

" IMPORTANT NOTICE!! Nintendo Wii Shipping Notice

Good News!! Seems our suppliers heard our complaints about our Nintendo Wii alloctaions and have decided our business is valuable to them. We have just received a small amount of Nintendo Wii systems and will begin shipping preorders on Monday on a first order first serve basis. We have also been told that we should be receiving weekly shipments of the units all the way up to Christmas (fingers crossed) . All preorders that will be shipping on Monday will receive an email confirmation no later than Saturday Nov 18, 2006 12:00pm eastern time. Orders will be filled as best as possible as their are shortages with certain software and accessories, these items will ship seperately as soon as we receive inventory which we hope will also be on a weekly basis......"
http://vgplus.blogspot.com/

Seems like the preorders have been accepted and they are ready to ship the Wiis out the gate
http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread.php?t=64148&page=150&pp=10

Dazzla

Yeah, talk about pretty ****ing gutted.

VG+: "Cancel by the 13th or you're gonna be stuck with games and no console cause we aint getting no Wii's!"

Cancel on the 13th

VG+: "Oh shit son! We found some Wii's!"

Cue me very, very, very pissed off. I lost my place in queue. I'm gonna hunt around for another US supplier because I reeeeally don't want the PAL unit I've pre ordered.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Wii said:

TWO YEARS LATER...

what - you're quoting that as evidence of Nintendo raping Europeans? That actually paintsthem in a pretty good light - only a couple of months behind the US. You could have made it look much worse.

Batongen said:
oh boy am I glad that I cancelled that preorder =(

" IMPORTANT NOTICE!! Nintendo Wii Shipping Notice

Good News!! Seems our suppliers heard our complaints about our Nintendo Wii alloctaions and have decided our business is valuable to them. We have just received a small amount of Nintendo Wii systems and will begin shipping preorders on Monday on a first order first serve basis. We have also been told that we should be receiving weekly shipments of the units all the way up to Christmas (fingers crossed) . All preorders that will be shipping on Monday will receive an email confirmation no later than Saturday Nov 18, 2006 12:00pm eastern time. Orders will be filled as best as possible as their are shortages with certain software and accessories, these items will ship seperately as soon as we receive inventory which we hope will also be on a weekly basis......"
http://vgplus.blogspot.com/

Seems like the preorders have been accepted and they are ready to ship the Wiis out the gate
http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread.php?t=64148&page=150&pp=10

Yikes! I still have my preorder, but according to that list I'm not even among the first 100 in queue. :/

medrew

Wii said:
I hope DVDBoxOffice are getting units, and I hope I'm not too far down the queue :S

did you get the email telling you that you won't get it on november 17th? I did. I think I'm never going to get it :(

Batongen

Banned
I actually tried to preorder through DBO right now (a little bit late I know) and they actually took money from my account. Now, according to them, when you preorder this text appears when you checkout "You will not be charged for this order until it is ready to be shipped".
Do I have a case or have they charged without promising to ship the item?

NotWii

Banned
medrew said:
did you get the email telling you that you won't get it on november 17th? I did. I think I'm never going to get it :(
They sent that to everyone. Even people who preordered within the first 20 mins.

Batongen

Banned
Wii: Did they charge your account when you preordered? I'm asking because I read about the preorder problems that dbo had and I just ordered one, just in case, from importmadness.com. It seems that a lot of people from NTSC-uk forum are getting their preorders from them and now they have also charged me :lol . Maybe I should cancel my order from dbo, this is getting out of my league.

NotWii

Banned
Batongen said:
Wii: Did they charge your account when you preordered? I'm asking because I read about the preorder problems that dbo had and I just ordered one, just in case, from importmadness.com. It seems that a lot of people from NTSC-uk forum are getting their preorders from them and now they have also charged me :lol . Maybe I should cancel my order from dbo, this is getting out of my league.
I withdrew my preorder. Trying alternate strategy.
I just hope my robot manages to find a unit in the first store I send it into, he doesn't have enough power to try a second store :/

Fingers crossed! ><

Koren

Wii said:
Just a few months for most of them, where's the problem ? That's not Nintendo specific. Sometimes it's longer, especially near the end of consoles' lives.

I doubt it... and even if it is, that wouldn't be Nintendo Europe but Nintendo Japan. Contrary to NoA, NoE has very little independance, and near to none ten years ago.

Dazzla

Tell me about it, I've got the freshly bought stepdown sat plugged in and waiting.

I hope NSCX put up US Wii's (and PS3's, I'll have one of those too). Yesasia are selling US units for $570/£300! Play-Asia are advertising a US Wii + Zelda for $600/£320.

Import Madness are another option, as well as DVD Box Office I guess. I don't know about availability on either of these though.

VG+ aren't even taking orders for a US Wii now. I'm really pissed off about how the whole situation has gone down.

I just got an email from VG+ and... I won't get a Wii from their first batch (surprise!). Hopefully the second shipment will be a big one.

eXistor

Yeah same here:

Hello Frank,

We are emailing you today to inform you that after our initial batch of wiis you are now #43 in Queue to receive a Nintendo Wii. We are expected to receive our next shipment of systems between Tuesday and Friday of next week and systems should be coming in weekly as well.

You will receive addionals email when your order will be shipping and your order will be updated to "Wii Preorder No Cancellation" Status when it is confirmed to be shipping out in the next batch

Top Bottom