• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oh noes, VG+ and Wii

dreamkats

medrew said:
god, if VG+ aren't getting them then the place I preordered from won't and I'm going to be wii short until at least next year. :'(
Still beats PAL.

there's another canadian shop that has received their wiis, and will start shipping monday :eek:

I e-mailed them last night, and they told me that all pre-orders would be filled

I'm 49th. Hopefully it won't take too long to get through this, although I'm hoping some guy will be able to send me a unit direct tomorrow.

Xizk

I'm #30. dreamkats are you perhaps talking about importmadness or dvdstars? Or is it some other store? I have three preorders for wii at different stores and I need to decide which to keep.

Xizk

This is my first order with Dvdstars so I don't really know if they are good or not. Heard from one guy that they told him that they would start sending wiis on monday and that they had enough for all pre-orders and maybe even new orders. Then I heard that they weren't even sure if they are getting any so I wonder how the situation is :/

nicholasbrutal

Epic Games PR Manager
I can vouch for the limited supply of Zelda, Excitetruck, and pretty much any first party item Wii related. My store got next to none. But Trauma Center? With zero reserves, we received 15 games. Go out and buy one.

Has anyone ever imported a console from VG+ to europe before? If so, how long did it take for you to get it? Maybe it's best to ask for some premium shipping or something.

Xizk

I imported the pstwo and psp from vg+. Both only took two days with DHL(I live in sweden). Didn't have to pay any tax. They always ship consoles with DHL.

GrandPipe

has anyones dvdstars order shipped yet? Mine has updated to say "shipment estimate
2006-11-23", but unsure if this means anything or just some automatic system update.

Does everyone have this?

medrew

dvdboxoffice:

In other news, Nintendo launched its Wii this weekend. Of course, you already knew that (unless you've been living under a rock somewhere, at least). Thankfully, supply on this one is much better, with Nintendo spokespeople boasting an expected 4 million units to be shipped out by January. Will that happen? We hope so. While we didn't see near the numbers we were hoping for launch day, we are optimistic that we'll be able to get most of our preorders filled within the coming weeks. Does that mean you should be lining up at your local Electronics Emporium in hopes of picking one up sooner? Not necessarily. Supply in brick and mortor shops appears to be lower than ours, which has lead a number of customers back to Good Ol' DVDBoxOffice to get their Wii the easy way: no lineups, no contending with traffic, no smug faced chaps in polo shirts telling you and your fellow shoppers for the zillionth time that the store is out of stock and no they don't know when there will be more available.

dreamkats

Xizk said:
I'm #30. dreamkats are you perhaps talking about importmadness or dvdstars? Or is it some other store? I have three preorders for wii at different stores and I need to decide which to keep.

sorry for late answer :/

cinebox here, waiting for new shipments... #3 in queue...
They told me that my wii would be sent before the end of the week... but WHEN

dreamkats

Fxp said:
So, any import Wii impressions from the fellow europeans? How does the VC and online work?

some people from Quebec are having network problems because they're not in the US apparently...

when I get mine, I won't update until some euro-kamikaze does it, and says it works without any problem

dreamkats said:
some people from Quebec are having network problems because they're not in the US apparently...

when I get mine, I won't update until some euro-kamikaze does it, and says it works without any problem

Oh shit, I kinda had a feeling this might happen. Perhaps it's best to cancel the preorder and bend over for NoE this generation. :/

SantaC

Zerodoppler said:
Oh shit, I kinda had a feeling this might happen. Perhaps it's best to cancel the preorder and bend over for NoE this generation. :/

some UK guy said his american system worked fine updating anf stuff.

Roi

Wii said:
Oh how quickly we forget...

Mario Sunshine USA: Aug 2002
Mario Sunshine EUR: Oct 2002

Metroid Prime USA: Nov 2002
Metroid Prime EUR: Mar 2003

Animal Crossing USA: Sep 2002
Animal Crossing EUR: Sep 2004
TWO YEARS LATER...

Wind Waker USA: Mar 2003
Wind Waker EUR: May 2003

RE4 USA: Jan 2005
RE4 EUR: Mar 2005

Don't forget Nintendo of Europe is responsible for not bringing over games such as Chrono Trigger and Super Mario RPG in the past.

nintendoeuropeBELIEVE.jpg

More bad news from the ntsc-uk forums.

Ok, I just jumped out of my skin at another incoming "Pharmacy We Recommend" email, so decided to phone VG+.

They told me that they have a delivery coming in tonight which will miss their outgoing shipping and go out on Monday. Monday & Tuesday they have more coming in, but only a total of 13 confirmed, including today's. They're pushing for more and there were hints they thought they might actually have 15 coming in.

They said that if I don't get one from these shipments - I'm obviously right on the limit and it sounds like he was checking my queue position off of a pile of dispatch notes stacked in front of him - then I'll get one from one the next shipments. They have one delivery "coming in from the US" late next week, and another "Canadian one" the beginning of the following week (i.e. around the 4th).

The only acceptable excuse for these small shipments would be that they made sure none of the units had the hardware defects that cause the upgrade error. But I'm sure Nintendo wouldn't bother with that.

Terrell

We are emailing you today about your Nintendo Wii preorder. We have finally been informed by our suppliers about our Nintendo Wii allocation. Unfortunately we have been told that we will not be given units for launch. Preorders were put up based on previous knowledge of getting units for launch. We have not been told when we will be getting units as the demand in North America for the Nintendo Wii has surpassed even Nintendos estimates.
Ummmm... wow? Nintendo caught off-guard by demand... isn't this eerily similar to the situation they were in with the DS?

Top Bottom