• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ok SCEE, I've had it. (what's the best plan to get a PS3 to EU this year?)

Hunter D

Blimblim said:
I obviously don't want to give a fixed number, but it's a nice percentage of the PS3 price.
Blim, how much money are you talking about? I could probably get a PS3 or 2 without waitng on a line to get it. It would take me 4 or 5 days after launch to get it though.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Blimblim said:
I obviously don't want to give a fixed number, but it's a nice percentage of the PS3 price.
Well I'll keep in touch, I cannot make any promises as I cannot even preorder the thing just yet. and no offence, but top priority is getting myself one, so a second ps3 is another thing. But soon as preorders are out, ill give you a ring. :)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
OK, I was going to put this into the Gamestop preorder thread, but I'll ask here.

My situation is this - I live in Europe, my brother is living in the States. I don't want to ask my brother to go hunting for a PS3 for me at launch, and I don't want to ask him to go find a Gamestop and buy some stuff so he can trade it in for a preorder next week either. However, I've been thinking of another option - online preorders with places like Amazon etc, when they become available.

Here's my question - with sites like Amazon, can I purchase something here from Europe with my European billing address etc., but have the item shipped to a US address (i.e. my brother)? Amazon.com obviously won't ship games or game systems here to Europe, but will they allow a European to purchase something and have it shipped within the US? Kind of like a gift?

Meher

yeah I think you can
but you can tell your brother to preorder it directly from amazon.com

my question is, will it be 220v compatible?

Danj

Meher said:
my question is, will it be 220v compatible?

No, because PS3 has an internal power supply, and we've already seen the FCC stickers which just say 120V on. So you will need a 400 watt step-down transformer to use with it. (400 watt because PS3 is 120V at 3.2A = 384W)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Meher said:
yeah I think you can
but you can tell your brother to preorder it directly from amazon.com

I could, but knowing my brother there'd be a lag between when I'd ask and when he'd actually do it, which could turn out to be a deciding factor on whether the order was shipped this year or not :lol It'd be a lot handier if I could make the order on my CC.

I've checked ToysRUs to see if they allow it, but it seems with them the billing address must be in the US. Amazon looks more hopeful, but I'm emailing them to be sure.

A general question - what are the best places to preorder online based on the 360 launch? Which stores got most stock out?

Top Bottom