• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okami English Preview + Hype Hype

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
duckroll said:
Now look what you've done Trin! :lol

D:

Pretend I never said anything....

MoxManiac said:
This is one of those few games that`s chockful of so much awesome, you won`t even care if it`s easy. You`ll wish it never ends.

TreIII

This is looking really good. I've been keeping an eye on this baby for like 2 years and some change, and was very tempted to import, but only stopped because I wanted to try and support the domestic release.

Any way, can't wait for Ookami. Now if only God Hand can also be stoopid-awesome, I'll be in business!

Fight Clover! For the sake of the industry who needs those like you! :D

MMaRsu

Banned
Luckett_X said:
oh hey, another games hater. why do you people come here!

And yes, I turn up in every Okami thread to display my salivating lust for this game. It is pretty much everything I've wanted from a game. Giant adventure area's with time cycle, funky gameplay, non-generic characters and a wildly refreshing graphic style.

Games hater? Are you even kidding me :lol . I'd love this game, I just wish it would be multiplatform so that I won't have to buy a last gen console for it :).

I might in a few years though :)

-Damien- said:
you still don't have a PS2?! :lol GAF laffs at you :lol

I've had three m8 :)

castle007

Banned
TheTrin said:
Yea, there tons of side quests, bounties, dungeons, etc etc etc. It`s very Zelda esque.

I think that this might be the game that will overshadow Zelda:TP this fall, especially if the controls for the wolf form in TP suck.

MoxManiac

TheTrin said:
D:

Pretend I never said anything....

This is one of those few games that`s chockful of so much awesome, you won`t even care if it`s easy. You`ll wish it never ends.

Is Mr. T in it? That would make it ball-busting awesome.

skip

Aaron said:
I played this at E3 and found it boring. What is wrong with me? Was it the fact that I had played the new Mortal Kombat game right before and hadn't gotten the taste of fake blood out of my mouth, or were the visuals so dazzling that I was pressing buttons without realizing it was actually a cut-scene?

Seriously though, I'm going to rent this one to give it another go. Everything about it screams fun, but I just wasn't feeling it at the time.

the e3 demo is just the very, very, very beginning of the game.

when it comes out, everyone should buy it.

duckroll

castle007 said:
I think that this might be the game that will overshadow Zelda:TP this fall, especially if the controls for the wolf form in TP suck.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Okami is great and all, but even if it were 10 times the game it is and Zelda:TP turns out to be utter shit, you know that's NEVER going to happen. It's like saying Tales of the Abyss could overshadow FFXII this Fall. Come on, don't be retarded now. Brand name > * in ANY industry. :p

DON'T BE MOTHERFVCKING DUMB KIDDO!

Edit: IN JAPAN WHERE THIS GAME ACTUALLY HAD MARKETING, IT SOLD LESS THAN 100K! LOSERS ARE CAPCOM! WINNERS ARE NINTENDO!

Srider

Banned
duckroll said:

Okami is great and all, but even if it were 10 times the game it is and Zelda:TP turns out to be utter shit, you know that's NEVER going to happen. It's like saying Tales of the Abyss could overshadow FFXII this Fall. Come on, don't be retarded now. Brand name > * in ANY industry. :p

DON'T BE MOTHERFVCKING DUMB KIDDO!

Edit: IN JAPAN WHERE THIS GAME ACTUALLY HAD MARKETING, IT SOLD LESS THAN 100K! LOSERS ARE CAPCOM! WINNERS ARE NINTENDO!

Not to kill the hype, this is a decent game, but a dull subject matter and been there done that gameplay doesn't make a hit game. Like duckroll said, Okami doesn't have the name brand factor either, so don't expect this game to sell well, even here in the US.

It's too bad that the gaming public has become a shallow crowd.

Srider

Banned
Bebpo said:
Dull subject matter?

Does.Not.Compute.

Well, maybe Japanese gods fighting demons may be interesting to Western people, but Japanese are all about pretty boy knights in armor or big giant robots. That's what I mean by dull subject matter.

duckroll

Man Srider is such a hater. He takes my bitchslapping of a junior and turns it into some spin about how Okami isn't the most original game of the year! :lol

I don't have an HDTV so it won't really bother me. But I'm sure that'll change when I get one and a PS3.

in like three years

bluemax

Banned
Do the random battles break the gameplay flow up too much? I understand why they went that way but it seems like seemless battles would've made this that much more awesome.

Day 1 purchase.

duckroll said:
Okami is great and all, but even if it were 10 times the game it is and Zelda:TP turns out to be utter shit, you know that's NEVER going to happen. It's like saying Tales of the Abyss could overshadow FFXII this Fall.
Well, actually, Okami will do better in comparison to ToA. It'll break 100k, wait..wtf...we know just one of them will break 50k :lol

Anyway, go okami!

Srider

Banned
duckroll said:
Man Srider is such a hater. He takes my bitchslapping of a junior and turns it into some spin about how Okami isn't the most original game of the year! :lol

Haha, it's not so much hate, but rather that I feel it can be much more. US will get Yakuza around the same time, which gets a thumbs up from me due to the much more interesting storyline. (I'm not that much of a hater... just very defined tastes :))Give Okami a try though, and please do give it some time and get past the tutorial parts. It's definitely a rather original game. Story wise it's a matter of preference, hopefully it retains some of it's spark through the translation.

Tokubetsu

brandonh83 said:
Okami just... screams that it'll be one of those games that'll be very hard to find after a while. I'll buy two.

Thats what im thinking...Gonna pull a Sonarrat on this one.

keanerie

920500_54203_front.jpg

Final box art? I like it okay.

duckroll said:
Except it's specially used in Okami as the old name of Japan. Kinda hard to translate! :D

It still translates to Japan. But I guess you have a point. I just don't really like the randomness of it.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The okami box art is hot.

And it will sell 40 copies, 20 of which will go to gaffers. :(

Drek

Wario64 said:
Good, I will pick it up at next year's $5 clearance sale
Or from Ebay for $80. Who knows how many copies will get released?

This, Silmerilia, and FFXII through 2006, God of War 2 in early 2007, I don't see any need to own a new system until next summer at soonest.

Haven't really been paying attention to the hype since I didn't have a PS2, but I knew it looked damn cool. I'm definitely getting this game.

Top Bottom