• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okami - IGN review

Oblivion said:
Yeah, I know. But I mean you can't assume this has to do with bias. I mean, it's not like Matt rated this game.

When a hyped up FPS doesn't score as high as Halo, do people call bias too?
probably someone would yes

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
VultureDude said:
is it really fair to compare Okami and Zelda? that's like trying to claim that GoW is better than RE4 and that RE4 is better than GoW. it's just not worth it since they're both representations of a "higher gaming experience."

Agreed. Both games do their own awesome thing. And both will be **** awesome games.

TheTrin said:
I said it back in May, and I'll say it again. Okami is the best game made this generation.

Hey, you're one of my favorite posters and I know you're a Capcom fan. Maybe you can assuage my fears that the game is still awesome despite a lot of folks saying the game is too easy (something Capcom's not known for).

Drek

CrushDance said:
I'm saying: When Nintendo showed Wind Waker, a lot of people bitched about it and said Nintendo was kiddy. Yet we clearly see that games can be very stylish, smooth, and offer great gameplay while being cell shaded. You don't need 5,000 cpu's and gpu's to enjoy something. Now people are all like "wow, this is how a game should be like" and all this crap. Pfft. Sorry but it really pisses me off how people always diss Nintendo then as soon as someone else does it, "Revolutionary!"
Wind Waker

Zelda%20Wind%20Waker%20(2).jpg

Okami

15-okami-003.jpg

okami_1.jpg

okami_2.jpg

okami1.jpg

okami3.jpg

okami5.jpg

okami4.jpg

See the difference?

ghibli99

Nice. Most of us were going to buy the game anyway, but seeing the high review scores just makes the wait that much more agonizing.

gimmmick

I seriously can't f`n believe this game is finally going to be releasing in the States. This game is so mine come this Tuesday.

Beezy

Ugh, my wallet. I can't get this next week, but I'm gonna make sure I get it, Tales of the Abyss and FF12 before the end of the year. There's a lot more great PS2 games that I want, but they'll have to wait.

Wink

CrushDance said:
Sorry but it really pisses me off how people always diss Nintendo
It sure does. Chill out.
I can assure you that most of the people now praising Okami are not the same that bitched about Wind Waker (though posts like Drek's don't really help me with that point I think) and every good game, doesn't matter on which console, deserves praise, so no hard feelings, go buy Okami.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Wario64 said:
8.5 Sound
Great soundtrack to perfectly blend with the world. Voices are just mumbles but sort of works.
I only played a little but after 10 minutes I couldn't stand the sound the fairy thing makes. Sounded like a retarded dolphin mated with a dryboard marker.

"Eee-Er-Eee-Eee Er! Er-Eee-Er-Er-Er-Eee-Eee-Er!"

Everything else was fantastic though!

Amir0x

Banned
HomerSimpson-Man said:
Absolutely f'n gorgeous!! God, this game is so...so pretty!!

This is NOTHING! In the demo alone there were stuff more gorgeous. You can feed little animals with certain food, and when you do it goes to this short cutscene where the animal eats in a field of flowers. The visual painting that results there is so staggeringly beautiful, colorful and vibrant that it defies any game ever to recall a more good looking moment.

This is not hyperbole. I have actively searched my mind for a moment that outdoes it and can't. This is why, games like Wind Waker and Okami are gonna hold up infinitely longer than games like FFXII and Twilight Princess from a visual perspective imo

I'm not crying. And neither am I dissing this game, I actually encourage more games ot be done like this. Polygon count can only go so far. Its games like these that change what were used to and re-engage people again. I'll be picking up a PS2 anyway(slimline) to try some games on PS2.

kevm3

I can't wait to play this. Will hopefully get it at its release date.

I really wish Nintendo would make a Yoshi's Island on the Wii utilizing this style.

Wow Capcom is truly cementing themselves as one of the best publisher/developers in the industry.

Its high quality product after high quality product from them as of late.

White Man

Wink said:
It sure does. Chill out.
I can assure you that most of the people now praising Okami are not the same that bitched about Wind Waker (though posts like Drek's don't really help me with that point I think) and every good game, doesn't matter on which console, deserves praise, so no hard feelings, go buy Okami.

I've been a fan of Wind Waker's graphics from day one. Twilight Princess looks like an uneven mess. They shoulda stuck with the cartoon look.

This game is uncomparable to Wind Waker graphic wise. I can't believe some of you people.

I didn't mean to compare them graphically. I was just comparing two adventure games.

Amir0x said:

This is not hyperbole. I have actively searched my mind for a moment that outdoes it and can't. This is why, games like Wind Waker and Okami are gonna hold up infinitely longer than games like FFXII and Twilight Princess from a visual perspective imo
I played the old demo months ago, but I'm staying away from the new one since the release is so close.
Two other games that will hold up forever: Yoshi's Island and Rez

My year and a half wait is almost over.:D

<3 Wind Waker <3 Okami

ps. dont think Wind Waker art is kiddy, its more like cartoon for adults :lol
favorite Zelda art for me ... best expresions in game ever :)

must buy... payment has already been made... im just waiting for the day until this game is in my grubby hands... im actually thinking about delaying my trip to turkey to finish this game... the thought of not being able to play for 2-3 weeks is horrible...

ps2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 360+Ps3+Wii

shpankey

not an idiot
Tarjeta Prepagada said:
Wow Capcom is truly cementing themselves as one of the best publisher/developers in the industry.

Its high quality product after high quality product from them as of late.
yup

Taker666

When is the superior Wii version coming out? :D

(Yes..I know..it won't..Capcom only port games from Nintendo machines)

chadums90

I might actually pay full price for this one now to show my support for what looks to be one of the greatest games this generation.

Top Bottom