• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gentlemen, you will have your updates in due time. Currently I'm with my gal right now, and we're celebrating a momentous occasion - I proposed to her, and she said yes.

Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226.gif

And a little bit of this.

ivTZwL9Z4k6JA.gif

(._.)

Banned
Are you expecting to get anything other than hostility from that line?

Um, I've already gotten four numbers from good looking girls with jocose personalities (on okcupid). Ones that have a sense of humor and can see through to the facetiousness in the things I send them. Several more fun/positive conversations that just fizzled out. If you're having fun with your profile and you aren't taking things all that seriously, then your fun personality will show. You'll pretty much be able to say most things to get the positive attention of ones that you like (and that like you in return). Only ones who've raged at me so far are either christian chicks, ones with needy profiles or highly pretentious looking/acting girls who insist guys put them on a pedestal.

Az987

all good things
Alrighty. That message just doesn't come off as clever or even funny to me but if it's working...

But you do kind of act like it's the girls fault when she gets hostile to that message when clearly not everyone gets your amazing sense of humor.

Ramirez

Hmm, me & this chick are really hitting it off. I've been pretty skeptical of this shit, but if I gain a friend out of it then it was worth it I guess.

(._.)

Banned
Alrighty. That message just doesn't come off as clever or even funny to me but if it's working...
It's not so much the humor of the message or the comedic value than it is more-so what it displays about me once they've checked out my profile. I think it's a little clever in the sense that it's sort of mocking some of the dumbasses that are actually serious when they send stuff like that to girls on okcupid. You know the type I'm talking about? Just search for guys looking for girls on the site and you'll see what I mean when I say "just how much of a retard they are is showing in their profile." I've actually had girls fall for it in reverse thinking I'm being serious and responding positively saying they wanted to meet up later, or negatively like the said dumbass I just posted. I've had smart ones who understood me and simply found it distasteful or weren't into me. They either ignored me or said something politely clever back showing they weren't interested. I either responded back respecting their response or not at all as there was no need to.

8Mv9mqF.jpg

End of conversation with her. You probably are starting to see the point I'm making.

*** tl;dr: dumbasses on okcupid getting mad at me trying to get the attention of the girls most smart/ interesting on the site and often times the prettiest (who usually will ignore you unless you do something "else")

One thing I could do though is look at their profile before I send my copypaste. In my defense though it's the internet and IDGAF if they get a buttmad over something retarded some person said to them.

But you do kind of act like it's the girls fault when she gets hostile to that message when clearly not everyone gets your amazing sense of humor.
Because it is their fault. I can't control how they react. If they are offended by it they can take it in stride. If they are smart and sort of understand how I am approaching them then they're about to start a conversation with a fun guy. Not my fault the dumb ones get mad.

(._.)

Banned
If they're offended by it you should just leave em be. You're looking like a Grade A asshole by persisting.

True. I usually do but that one I felt like trolling.

I dunno what you're trying to prove other than that you're a troll

Did you even read my last post? I did just edit it a bit so maybe you didn't fully understand my point

Clearly all women should enjoy his street harassment approach, the ones who don't are just uptight dumbasses. It's almost like people, women, are different.

LOL

Did you even read my last post? I did just edit it a bit so maybe you didn't fully understand my point

Oh we understand you're basically using it as a way to gauge people and weed through them but the fact that you're acting like the ones who don't enjoy it are dumbasses or uptight is fucked up.

shuri

Banned
(._.), your tactic is really, REALLY lame, and you are not as clever or entertaining that you think yourself to be. And this forum isnt SA

jq0qbKN.gif

Hmm, I guess it's not so hard after all.
Nice. Though I've always avoided giving compliments on looks in the first message, maybe I should try it out
Thnx :]
Same here. Perhaps I'll try this soon...
Do It!
yeah really well done here. hehe that was really cute.
Why Thank you :3
The last line was good and confident, but I would recommend everyone not do any of the rest of that. It just happened to work out this one time.
Do It.. DO IT!

(._.)

Banned
Oh we understand you're basically using it as a way to gauge people and weed through them but the fact that you're acting like the ones who don't enjoy it are dumbasses or uptight is fucked up.
Probably because more often than not they are? Have you even been on POF or Okcupid?

Just read the responses of people in this thread complaining about most of their matches.

(._.), your tactic is really, REALLY lame, and you are not as clever or entertaining that you think yourself to be.

oh wise wizard of online dating, please share with me your tactics and how successful they are.

Probably because more often than not they are? Have you even been on POF or Okcupid?

Just read the responses of people in this thread complaining about most of their matches.

You think you're that witty and humorous that people who don't enjoy your messages are part of the uptight dumbass pool, lol okay. I could easily argue the ones who enjoy your schtick are the actual dumbass ones but I won't since humor is subjective and plenty of people on PoF and OKC are probably tired of those kinds of messages. Doesn't make their sense of humor suck or mean they're awful people. Grow up.

Marc13

please share with me your tactics and how successful they are.

Don't use tactics, just be yourself.

If a girl is interested, and you are as well, it'll just click. It's better to find that one than have thousands of girls that are just blah or fall for games.

Unless, of course, you want to find thousands.... then I don't have tactics. :)

(._.)

Banned
You think you're that witty and humorous that people who don't enjoy your messages are part of the uptight dumbass pool, lol okay. I could easily argue the ones who enjoy your schtick are the actual dumbass ones but I won't since humor is subjective and plenty of people on PoF and OKC are probably tired of those kinds of messages. Doesn't make their sense of humor suck or mean they're awful people. Grow up.

If you reread my last post after the edits I've stated in one of the later sentences how those who understand my approach but were put off by it reacted. I've already also explained in the same post how it isn't exactly about "their sense of humor." I had one who thought it was super cheesy and lame and wrote something back to the extent of (paraphrasing) "That was awfully corny and not funny but you do seem fairly intelligent judging by your profile. I understand what you're doing. I'll give you a second chance." Our conversation ended up fizzling out after 8 or so messages. It was still nice talking to her and sharing experiences with each other about how we go about using okcupid.

Don't use tactics, just be yourself.

If a girl is interested, and you are as well, it'll just click. It's better to find that one than have thousands of girls that are just blah or fall for games.

Unless, of course, you want to find thousands.... then I don't have tactics. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaIq-RAYK8M

If you reread my last post after the edits I've stated in one of the later sentences how those who understand my approach but were put off by it reacted. I've already also explained in the same post how it isn't exactly about "their sense of humor." I had one who thought it was super cheesy and lame and wrote something back to the extent of (paraphrasing) "That was awfully corny and not funny but you do seem fairly intelligent judging by your profile. I understand what you're doing. I'll give you a second chance." Our conversation ended up fizzling out after 8 or so messages. It was still nice talking to her and sharing experiences with each other about how we go about using okcupid.

So? Why should they all react like that when you know you're poking a bear? You harass them and then post the caps here for what? Some kind of "lol you got her congrats bro."

(._.)

Banned
So? Why should they all react like that when you know you're poking a bear? You harass them and then post the caps here for what? Some kind of "lol you got her congrats bro."

I don't particularly care how they react. Being turned down in the world of online dating, woe is me.

Yes, at the second part. Just cause that girl was the first to get so unbelievably angry. I've only did it one other time in this thread but edited it out because I thought it was a bit distasteful. I've also already explained how I usually never respond if taken negatively.

I don't particularly care how they react. Being turned down in the world of online dating, woe is me.

Yes, at the second part. Just cause that girl was the first to get so unbelievably angry. I've only did it one other time in this thread but edited it out because I thought it was a bit distasteful. I've also already explained how I usually never respond if taken negatively.

You don't care how they react yet you're using that criteria to judge them as either smart or having a sense of humor. You're not even making any sense.

You know, if that's your approach, then whatever. If you're successful with it, then more power to you. I just don't understand why you persist in messaging a person who doesn't get it. If you're doing it for comedy, as you kind of said earlier, you're being a troll.

(._.)

Banned
You don't care how they react yet you're using that criteria to judge them as either smart or having a sense of humor. You're not even making any sense.

You're starting to confuse yourself.

You know, if that's your approach, then whatever. If you're successful with it, then more power to you. I just don't understand why you persist in messaging a person who doesn't get it. If you're doing it for comedy, as you kind of said earlier, you're being a troll.

You're completely right. I wont post any more negative reactions or share them here for that matter. Some people itt do find my trolling there for self amusement to be uncalled for and I respect their opinion enough to stop sharing it here from now on.

I don't think that's necessarily true. I've been stood up on back 2 back "dates" and this has happened multiple times. So if the timing had just been worse, it could have been 4 in a row.

I ran a regression, it's not normal

Either new or last six months to a year. And they don't even get to see me in .

That may not be true. They might show up, see you dint look like the pictures and ball

(._.)

Banned
I'm not confused. You harass them and expect them to "get" that you're mocking the other guys. You label the ones who don't dumb. Clearly you do care quite a bit how they react.

Yes you are. You're belaboring parts of what I'm saying and it's really staring to show in this particular post I'm quoting.

Yes you are. You're belaboring parts of what I'm saying and it's really staring to show in this particular post I'm quoting.

I can't belabor what you actually said guy. You think that the ones who don't like your schtick are dumbasses. Good for you that the PUA type crap works on a few, it doesn't make the ones who don't like it stupid or humorless.

(._.)

Banned
Someone give me their opinion on what I posted, lol.

Yeah, sorry for bogging down this thread with this conversation. I wont post stuff in here that people may find trollish in the future.

Good for you that the PUA type crap works on a few, it doesn't make the ones who don't like it stupid or humorless.

Their reaction to it often does though (AS ALREADY EXPLAINED IN PREVIOUS POSTS).

Ramirez

Girl on OKC looks quite a bit younger than the one on FB, IMHO...

Well yea, but these could be old pics or hell just someone that looked like her once upon a time.

Prestonsburg, Ky is a really small place, 3-4K population? I just find it extremely odd that I find a woman on FB lamenting her dead granny when this girl was just telling me the same thing, lol.

I also asked her if she wanted to exchange cell numbers, and she told me her phone was broke. If she lives in Lexington now, she would have a different area code than Prestonsburg.

Meh. :\

Astral

You're starting to confuse yourself.

You're completely right. I wont post any more negative reactions or share them here for that matter. Some people itt do find my trolling there for self amusement to be uncalled for and I respect their opinion enough to stop sharing it here from now on.

You probably could have turned her hostility around. This one time, my first message to some random girl on Skype was a straight up insult (I was really bored and feeling really stupid). She responded angrily of course and we started arguing. We realized we were actually having fun arguing and now we're friends. So maybe you shouldn't have counted her out just yet. You never know.

So I have a date lined up, only big problem is that it's on my birthday and I'll have to cut the date short because I have a birthday dinner to attend to :/

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So I have a date lined up, only big problem is that it's on my birthday and I'll have to cut the date short because I have a birthday dinner to attend to :/

why not just change the date? I'm sure she'll/he'll understand

Keikaku

We don't have a thread for it but I started using Match.com and that site has been a major upgrade for me with regards to online dating.

The fact that it's paid is probably one of the reasons that people tend to be more serious about actually meeting up/responding to messages.

Invite her to the birthday after party! :O

That's a solid idea

We don't have a thread for it but I started using Match.com and that site has been a major upgrade for me with regards to online dating.

The fact that it's paid is probably one of the reasons that people tend to be more serious about actually meeting up/responding to messages.

What's the demographic like compared to OKC?

shuri

Banned
Gentlemen, you will have your updates in due time. Currently I'm with my gal right now, and we're celebrating a momentous occasion - I proposed to her, and she said yes.
So are you gonna get a job now, it has been what, 2-3 years? Or you plan to stick to the 'full time stars wars online rpg player' gig while she works all day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom