• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Old Interview about Animal Crossing: WW - Anyone remember?

Okay, so I was reading up on Revolution Report (very impressive what they've done with the site) and they referenced the rumor surrounding the visor you can buy in Animal Crossing.

Now, I very very vaguely remember this, but I think there was an interview with someone re: Animal Crossing or something, and they mentioned that they might stick hints re: Revolution within the game.

Now, the part I remember clearly is that they said they'd include clues about something, but I can't remember whether they were talking about the RVN or not.

Am I just crazy? Does anyone else remember this? Anyone got a link?

~Cris

Now that you mention it, I do recall this. I think it was Miyamoto, and Square-Enix was part of the discussion too. Maybe this was referencing Nintendo WFC, which could eventually be used with something like Crystal Chronicles?

*Google*

http://news.*****.com/x?art=8045
27th Nov 2004

Hamamura: Nintendo has said that the Internet is not worthwhile to its business framework, but would rather find out how it can make playing fun. I think the recognition of that is spreading through society in general. However, something more was said: when there’s a use that lends itself naturally to play, then preparations will commence. The former statement seems very strong, and has given Nintendo an image of being against networking. Even at the presentation a few days ago (10/7), Mr. Kawazu of Square-Enix spoke very little about it during his appearance. Can you expand upon this at all?

Miyamoto: The management of the company has lately had talks with all sorts of other companies about whether we should handle the Internet. However, that will probably bear fruit after three or four years.

Hamamura: That long of a time span?

Miyamoto: With the DS, I think it’ll be faster. I think it will take more time to get users and investors to the same level of interest. In shaping the future, we’re moving in a positive direction. I can’t say anything more until it’s formally announced.

Hamamura: I see. For something that interesting, I don’t think Nintendo will be lacking.

Miyamoto: Yeah, because of our cooperation with Square-Enix. [Smiles] I think there’ll be a hint hidden in Animal Crossing.

JoshuaJSlone, you rock!

So yeah, this seemingly has nothing to do with Revolution, and more to do with the Wi-Fi Connection... and it probably means nothing now that the whole Wi-Fi concept has been announced.

However, several comments out of people at Square-Enix tell us they are very interested doing something unique with the Wi-Fi Connection... guess we'll have to wait and see.

Thanks again!

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I took that quote to mean a hint of how Nintendo intends to approach online gameplay in the future. Not a LITERAL hint.

Top Bottom