• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Olixar claims to reveal iPhone 8 design w/ new cases now available to order

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
9to5 Mac

Yesterday one of the first screen protectors allegedly for iPhone 8 leaked claiming to show the device’s expected design and other features. It was made by case manufacturer Olixar, and today the company is one of the first to reveal an entire line of cases for the upcoming iPhones. It’s also started accepting preorders for the cases that it says depicts both the front and back of the iPhone’s new design accurately.

We’re told by the company selling the cases, MobileFun, that Olixar has created them using “information and schematics they’ve acquired through their factories and contacts in the far east.”

olixar-iphone-8-cases.png

Futureman

why are we giving this random case company free press? This "exact design" has been shown and rumored for months.

also just saw this...

"Apple's 'Stopping Leakers - Keeping Confidential' Employee Seminar Leaks Online"

pretty funny!

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
they're getting free press because this is their official PR/release. The items are available for pre-order.

Not sure where this falls under leaking.. Manufacturers for YEARS now have released iphone (and ipod before that) gear before the new model was released.

Looks like an iPhone.
assuming sarcasm. Considering no bezels and no home button.

Guevara

So you buy a phone with no bezels, then you buy a case that adds a a few millimeters of material around the screen.

Do you still have a phone with minimal bezels?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
First look at the glass back, and it looks dope. Definitely pulling from the best iPhone design (4/4S).

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
So you buy a phone with no bezels, then you buy a case that adds a a few millimeters of material around the screen.

no! case free or die!

Looks amazing. is Touch ID embedded into the screen? ��

well based on patents and the leaks and this release, it's either in the screen or on the lock button.

Caelus

Sure, when comparing this with a phone that has both a bezel and a case.

Meatfist

Look slick. I wonder where the rest of the top bar icons are going to go (bluetooth, orientation lock, vpn, clock, etc)

RoKKeR

That screen is incredible. Still shaky on returning to iOS, will probably hold out for the S9 in hopes of embedded FP sensor.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
The cut-out being on only one of the cases suggests the fingerprint reader on the back rumour is dead.

Please be true.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I feel like I'd break that phone with that type of case. I dropped the iPhone 6 in my lap when I first took it out of the box.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
so i won't buy an iPhone again
the dream of a new great design is dead

Looks pretty great to me, considering it's boxed into cases.

Certainly the best since the 4 providing there's no nasty compromise with TouchID, which the cases suggest there isn't.

Servbot24

Banned
That looks so goofy. I don't get how a screen with curved edges is practical at all. Will videos be floating in the middle of the screen, or will the corners be lopped off?

robotrock

Banned
That looks so goofy. I don't get how a screen with curved edges is practical at all. Will videos be floating in the middle of the screen, or will the corners be lopped off?

The OLED screen should prevent the videos from looking like they are floating in the middle

Dierce

I highly doubt they embedded the fingerprint scanner in the screen. If they did I would be highly surprised by their R&D which is probably one of the worst of all the tech companies.

I hope it will look more like this:

LUFgks0.png

I mean they are already using AMOLED technology, makes more sense this way.

I highly doubt they embedded the fingerprint scanner in the screen. If they did I would be highly surprised by their R&D which is probably one of the worst of all the tech companies.

I expect that they will integrate the fingerprint scanner into the power button.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Gemüsepizza;241447845 said:
I hope it will look more like this:

LUFgks0.png

I mean they are already using AMOLED technology, makes more sense this way.

I expect that they will integrate the fingerprint scanner into the power button.

Same. Although they want to emphasis no bezels, that makes more sense.
Maybe it'll be black across the top in apps and maybe home screen, with lock screen being 'full screen'?

Top Bottom