• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OMG SSX Blur looks amazing!

KarishBHR

I know there has been a thread but today two major things came out.

******* (joy-stiq) has impressions on their main page:

The Wii Remote should be great for certain sports titles: tennis, golf, baseball, and other swinging games. But I've been skeptical about how the console will handle lower-body games, like soccer and snowboarding. Some recent play-time with Wii-only SSX Blur made me look forward to at least snowboarding; the controls felt more fluid than a gamepad. In my limited time with Blur, all of the movements -- even heart drawing and flicking up to jump -- added to the experience.

Gametrailers has a new video on their front page.

THIS GAME LOOKS FLAT OUT AMAZING!

pswii60

what's the banned site? s pong or k otaku?

EDIT: Ahh joy-stiq. who were banned for overly-pimping wii, were they not?

Do the controls add enough to validate the gimped graphics?

Thats pretty much the question i ask with all Wii games.

It looked good in the trailer but how responsive will the trick system be with the Wii mote?

wsippel

Banned
Kabuki Waq said:
Do the controls add enough to validate the gimped graphics?

Thats pretty much the question i ask with all Wii games.

It looked good in the trailer but how responsive will the trick system be with the Wii mote?
Don't know about the controls, but Blur is the most beautiful SSX to date, no doubt about it.

Mrbob

Looks pretty good. I'll buy this, but after watching the video I still want a next gen SSX. I really don't want to flick up to jump, plus it doesn't seem you like you are doing much with the wiimote for regular tricks. To be honest the controls seem a bit tacky. The producer didn't show the UBER trick with the drawings though. Give me Kaori back!

pswii60 said:
No

EDIT: Still no. So has it been confirmed if this is a brand new SSX or a combination of previous SSX's yet?

Combination of previous SSX.

so1337

pswii60 said:
No

EDIT: Still no. So has it been confirmed if this is a brand new SSX or a combination of previous SSX's yet?
The guy in the walkthrough-video says that its basically a best of SSX, you may not recognize some of the tracks though because they remade them.

1945er

Yeah it definately looks pretty and seems to run very smooth to boot. I dont't think its smart to comment on the controls when you haven't tried them yourself, but this 'waggle to recover' is already getting tiresome imo.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Hnmm, I'm impressed with the visuals actually, and the smoothness of the character animation during tricks.

However, while the trick system does look really easy and intuitive, it doesnt look like there is a lot of depth there. It looks alsmost too easy/casual to do tricks. That could take some of the fun out of trying to quickly land something crazy before you fall... and he didn't explain grabs, how do you do those?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
It looks pretty slick, actually. I haven't played a new SSX since SSX3 (skipped On Tour for a number of reasons). I would love for this to kick ass.

Chris Remo said:
Seamless mountain
Framerate? It better be 60. On Tour at 30 fps was a huge disappointment. There is NO excuse for this to be 30 fps. None.

KTallguy

Banned
Mrbob said:
Give me Kaori back!

No Kaori ? Her voice acting was pretty damn cute in all the other games.

Honestly this looks pretty nice! The sun effects and other FX look nice.

My only problem with it is that it looks like they've mostly reused assets from the previous games. It's a shame that Wii is getting the shaft like this, but hey, if the game is fun, it's fun.

That's EA Montreal's first console game to hit the market right? I think their previous developed game was SSX On Tour for the PSP.

It should put them on the map as an A+ developer if SSX Blur is indeed awesome along with Army of Two.

So far it feels like SSX3 (great thing), should be on my purchase list this March.

Ya I can't wait for this game. The controls sound like a lot of fun but I'm hoping the fundamental gameplay gets some new add-ons as well. Not to mention ONLINE!

With Mario Party 8, SSX, and Sonic hitting in March....I think March is going to be a big wii month for sure.

agent069

Banned
John Harker said:
and he didn't explain grabs, how do you do those?

There was an interview at IGN where they explained the controls in detail. Anyway, to perform grabs you have to press the Z button and tilt the nunchuk on any direction.

As for the game, the tricks system and the jump looks pretty cool, the graphics are very nice and all, but there is like 0 speed sensation, just surfing seems a little weird, well, I guess it's the SSX way. But I really didn't liked the feeling in Tricky and SSX3, in fact I'm one of the few morons that prefers 1080 avalanche. Anyway, SSX Blur seems very promising, I can't wait to try it with my own hands.

Top Bottom