• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

On Splatoon 2 Launch Day, Japan Lines Up For The Switch

Cerium

Lots more at link including lines in rural and small town areas

Hundreds of people lining up in sweltering heat for a few dozen Switches.

Hellish lines formed today all across Japan. Splatoon 2 launched, and stores got a fresh shipment of Switch consoles, including the Splatoon 2 hardware bundle.

No doubt there were people waiting to just get Splatoon 2 and its Amiibos, but with the things are in Japan Switch-wise, many folks were certainly hoping to get the bundle or the standalone console.

Quantities, however, were limited.
https://twitter.com/kaztsu/status/888183627271491584

DFN2ScOUwAA9RSk.jpg
DFN2SbgVwAEvh-2.jpg
DFN2SiDUwAAIfuH.jpg
DFN2SiEVYAEr7im.jpg

https://twitter.com/FtheWK/status/888197328259043329

Vash63

Nice. This was one of the most guaranteed hits in Japan so far so not super surprising, but still good to see. Wonder how it will do in the west.

deleted

Ah, I was wondering if we'd get a thread like this with Japan constantly lining up for the Switch anyway.

Pretty excited for next weeks MC thread :p

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Screw that. Unless these people are waiting for the hardware, there's no way in hell I'd be lined up like that for a game.

Kicko

Nice. This was one of the most guaranteed hits in Japan so far so not super surprising, but still good to see. Wonder how it will do in the west.

Someone made a post in the official Splatoon 2 thread saying that the game is sold out on Amazon. I'm sure it'll do well here in NA.

The Bic I go to (Fukushima City) is usually deserted at opening, but there was a pretty big line today. I just barely got my Spla2n Pro Controller. But yeah lots of first time Switch buyers in this line today of varying ages. Pretty even spread of kids and their parents but also young adults and adults.

watershed

Banned
Seeing this makes me sad. I feel bad for all the people who line up and walk away with nothing. Nintendo needs to sort this out.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Kinda impressive considering this usually doesnt happen on system with that low of an installed base....the real big games ala MH, Pokemon and DQ usually arrive later in the consoles life cycle - having a Splatoon 2 type release this early is big.

This launch is still a mess in m opinion...i dont think its a good idea to drop a game like Splatoon 2 when the system is still having this type of shortages. Usually i dont care but i know how popular this game is for Kids...and this will result in alot of disappointed fans/kids that cant get ahold of the system, while some of their friends will be playing it during the break.

javac

Top Bottom