• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

On this date two years ago, Aziz Shavershian (Zyzz) died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easy_Money

Neo Member
It needs to be said that his death was a consequence of his extravagant lifestyle which included constant partying, alcohol and drugs. Add in steroids and a heart condition - it's a recipe for a tragedy.

People are quick to judge anyone using steroids and dismiss their success which is rather daft if you ask me.

EDIT: Sorcery

Just another juicer.

Wasn't he a big gamer nerd? I think I read somewhere that he wrote strategy guides for Final Fantasy games or something. Then he got super buff and started attracting certain types of women. It's pretty easy to see how a particular contingent of internet dwellers would admire him en masse.

Yes he had an account on gamefaqs and wrote reviews on his profile.

iYfTMFU.jpg

Reg

Banned
It needs to be said that his death was a consequence of his extravagant lifestyle which included constant partying, alcohol and drugs. Add in steroids and a heart condition - it's a recipe for a tragedy.

People are quick to judge anyone using steroids and dismiss their success which is rather daft if you ask me.

EDIT: Sorcery

So this guy was a professional bodybuilder?

Reg

Banned
So is there any footage of him bodybuilding prior to the steriods or is everything post roids?

So is there any footage of him bodybuilding prior to the steriods or is everything post roids?

He got big, but there was a point where he started using hardcore roids and supplements that made him freakshow HUGE. My friend was an amateur lifter and he died the same way. F'n supplements and drugs will kill the heart of even a young guy.

Madness

I refuse to believe he had an undiagnosed heart condition. His mom worked in cardiology at a hospital if I remember correctly.

It's a simple case of 2-3 steroid cycles a year since age 19, coupled with excessive partying using recreational drugs. I don't want to speak ill of the guy since he's passed away, but he's been taking a myriad of steroids since the start.

He was a friendly guy who made some trollish videos. In the end, it was all for naught as his life ended too early. RIP Aziz.

Pop

He's was a great motivator and an inspiration too many. A gamer and a real down to earth guy. He help so many on the bodybuilding forums. I don't condone steroids but he was much more than that.

Forever mirin Zyzz

Karkador

Banned
He's was a great motivator and an inspiration too many. A gamer and a real down to earth guy. He help so many on the bodybuilding forums. I don't condone steroids but he was much more than that.

I haven't seen that at all

Skinny Nerd -> ripped hunk

Basically imagine if a guy from dating-age turned into this guy and was able to get any girl he wanted. That's why. People in the forums he visited saw themselves in him, and saw the potential they had. So he inspired many people to turn their life around. He was also a very positive dude and always believed in others. Everything was always possible and he never put people down.

This is silly. Being ripped (or good-looking in any sense) doesn't guarantee you any girl or a happy, fulfilling love life.

IceCold

What is the infatuation with this guy here?

Skinny Nerd -> ripped hunk

Basically imagine if a guy from dating-age turned into this guy and was able to get any girl he wanted. That's why. People in the forums he visited saw themselves in him, and saw the potential they had. So he inspired many people to turn their life around. He was also a very positive dude and always believed in others. Everything was always possible and he never put people down.

It's pretty easy to see why really.

Got his own supplement and clothing line by the time he was 22, how is that not a success?
If you measure success in life by how much money you make, no matter what it costs you or what you do with your life, then you probably have to think he was successful. Judging from everything I've ever seen of that kid, he had poor character and died young at least in part because he ruined himself with drugs and juicing. I'd call that failure.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Forever mirin Zyzz

This is so wrong.

Imm0rt4l

Wasn't he a big gamer nerd? I think I read somewhere that he wrote strategy guides for Final Fantasy games or something. Then he got super buff and started attracting certain types of women. It's pretty easy to see how a particular contingent of internet dwellers would admire him en masse.
I think he wrote some FAQs on FFXI or something even as recent as a short time before his death.

Madness

His appeal comes from the fact he inspired a lot of kids younger than him. I used to post on BB.com when he started but I stopped by the time he became the sensation he did. A lot of younger kids saw how he went from skinny gamer nerd with no girls, to chiseled stud who claims to have a girl every night etc.

mHPqGvm.jpg

Went from this to

NS6hIKk.jpg

Ultimately it was all for waste. He could say anything about dying young, burning bright etc. But he never imagined dying at 22.

Pop

This is so wrong.

To who? You?

He has plenty of motivational speeches that he gave on the bb forums as well as on youtube. He would literally answer anyone who had questions on bb. He would hang out with random lifters if they so happened to be in the same area as the guy. Most people just see him as a roider but he was more than that.

Yeah, why do people still hero worship him after the discovery of steroid use to get to where he was? Anytime people mention him, it's in a positive light. The BB forums (and even here on GAF) are teeming with honest hardworking people that have transformed naturally. I just find it odd that they don't get the fame while a fraud does? Or is it being done ironically? bah

His look
Hair
Personality
Music taste
His story

All make him a polorizing guy

Zyzz's quotes:

When asked about death:
"Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetton. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Haters gonna hate!"

-Zyzz

He did things for the lulz but I always thought he was a cool dude

Easy_Money

Neo Member
If you measure success in life by how much money you make, no matter what it costs you or what you do with your life, then you probably have to think he was successful. Judging from everything I've ever seen of that kid, he had poor character and died young at least in part because he ruined himself with drugs and juicing. I'd call that failure.
Although I probably can't change your stance, he also inspired thousand of people to start making changes in their lives. I just mentioned supplement and clothing deals because they are easy to measure.

As I've said, people are too quick to judge, but you're entitled to your own opinion.

Easy_Money

Neo Member
Were any of those changes positive?
He mostly inspired people to start weightlifting, so yes, I do believe those changes were positive (his impact can't be quantified so it's pretty much just my opinion).

For reference, visit the misc section of the bb.com forums, I'm sure it will provide many answers.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I'm sorry but his fashion sense was atrocious, including that absurd hair. He looked like something out of Zoolander.

GatorBait

Inspirational attitude, but it becomes tough for me to admire someone's physique when I learn they used steroids. I really wish there were more examples of "natural" bodybuilders getting attention. I see the bodies of steroid users and just think to myself, "Well, I guess that's not attainable unless I want to do drugs, too."

btrboyev

His appeal comes from the fact he inspired a lot of kids younger than him. I used to post on BB.com when he started but I stopped by the time he became the sensation he did. A lot of younger kids saw how he went from skinny gamer nerd with no girls, to chiseled stud who claims to have a girl every night etc.

mHPqGvm.jpg

Went from this to

NS6hIKk.jpg

Ultimately it was all for waste. He could say anything about dying young, burning bright etc. But he never imagined dying at 22.

Other than the douchie clothes, the guy looked way more healthy in the top picture than the bottom picture.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
To who? You?

He has plenty of motivational speeches that he gave on the bb forums as well as on youtube. He would literally answer anyone who had questions on bb. He would hang out with random lifters if they so happened to be in the same area as the guy. Most people just see him as a roider but he was more than that.

You are right, calling someone to tell them he fucked his girlfriend is so "down to earth".

Zee-Row

Banned
I like the guy because no women cared about him until he was bigger , after that he made certain women look stupid. Thats a revenge factor I'd love to have especially if I became rich. I want everybody to start liking me because of my status and them promptly tell them to fuck off.

Easy_Money

Neo Member
Inspirational attitude, but it becomes tough for me to admire someone's physique when I learn they used steroids. I really wish there were more examples of "natural" bodybuilders getting attention. I see the bodies of steroid users and just think to myself, "Well, I guess that's not attainable unless I want to do drugs, too."
TBH, his physique is easily attainable if you give yourself time (5-10 years depending on various factors).

Jeff Seid on the other hand (claiming natural) not so much. Same goes for BB pros and many fitness models.

params7

Banned
Posted this before in another Zyzz thread. He was a true nerd at heart, one of us. He just got into bodybuilding because of his brother, and ended up becoming larger than life itself. Everybody who knew him says he was the most gentle, friendly person they've ever met. Zyzz was just a persona he put on to inspire other people.

His contributions are still up on Gamefaqs.com/Gamespot.com

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Sonic12040/contributions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HusjPd5HMBY

I would like to think it is irony.
Really though, it's a good thing more and more people hear about him, because then they also hear about how he died and how it might have been the result of steroids - which so many beginners think is a good idea (it's not).

I thought I read his family had a history of heart conditions. I could be wrong but just throwing that out there. Regardless I agree that the use of steroids can be very dangerous.

Alrus

Well if he inspired nerds to not be self loathing and conceited I guess he can't be that bad. I just find it weird that a guy who died so young due (partially at least) to drug consumption is seen as a role model.

I like the guy because no women cared about him until he was bigger , after that he made certain women look stupid. Thats a revenge factor I'd love to have especially if I became rich. I want everybody to start liking me because of my status and them promptly tell them to fuck off.

That's such a sad life goal...

lmpaler

He died because he was an irresponsible fool who abused PEDs. He also couldn't lift for shit. Why do we celebrate the life of someone like this and why do people look to him as a hero I will never understand.

He did give me a good dose of comedy because of his idiocy though so that's something

Zee-Row

Banned
Well if he inspired nerds to not be self loathing and conceited I guess he can't be that bad. I just find it weird that a guy who died so young due (partially at least) to drug consumption is seen as a role model.

That's such a sad life goal...

Not a life goal , but its just something that would make me feel good. Doesn't have to happen though , there are just people out there that have wronged me that I would like to get back. I just don't necessarily think about it all the time though.

"Don't ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating."
This sounds great, but I'm not sure he actually followed his own advice. He's a giant douchenozzle to people in some of his videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom