• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Once Bitten, twice shy - PGR2 new downloadable content

jedimike

OK, I paid the $5 and downloaded Paris. Paris itself was pretty lame, but I did get some enjoyment out of the new cars. $5 worth? That's debatable. I've probably played with the new content for 3 hours at the most. 3 hours for $5 isn't bad I guess.

Now there is a new city and 8 more new cars, which means that Paris must have done alright to continue with more downloadable content. The thought of more intense tracks in sunny California definitely has me interested.

Long Beach

New downloadable content for Project Gotham Racing 2 will be available soon and, once again, TeamXbox brings you the very first details.

This second content download follows the Paris Booster Pack, which took place in the City of Lights. Where the latter was pretty and classic, this new premium package promises to be hardcore and so fast that you may actually need to slow down from time to time to appreciate the architecture.

The PGR2 Long Beach Booster Pack includes eight new cars (including the Ariel Atom 2 & VW Nardo) and eight new tracks in the beautiful southern California city of Long Beach. Gamers will be able to download the PGR 2 Long Beach Booster Pack via Xbox Live for $4.99/£2.99/€4.99 and get a scorching slice of Californian sunshine. Just don't forget the Coppertone.

B'z-chan

Banned
siamesedreamer said:
Who gives a shit? Its probably going to be just like Paris where you can't race the new tracks/vehicles online and its just time trial stuff.

I guess your either have never gone online with PGR2 or a hater. Either way. YOU CAN PLAY THE PARIS TRACKS ONLINE.

siamesedreamer said:
Who gives a shit? Its probably going to be just like Paris where you can't race the new tracks/vehicles online and its just time trial stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for DLC. But, the Paris booster pack was downright pointless for such a heavily online dependant game.

what are you talking about? I raced online with all the tracks, and with all the new cars...

Man, I admit that I never tried to race them online. I saw that they were only available in the time trial section and I just assumed that they weren't available online. Plus I asked that very question on these boards and someone told me that you couldn't race them online. Stupid me for not trying it.

epmode

the paris pack irritated me in how there was no single-player aspect to them aside from the time trials. that, and the tracks were too small.

thorns

Banned
Yeah the only problem with the Paris was the lame tracks that were really short.. Paris also looked rather bleak for some reason. This one looks much nicer and some of the cars look to be really fun:

2003_atom-2_1.jpg

thorns

Banned
Also last I checked around 30,000 people got the DLC I think, which is pretty good considering it's just 1 city with 8 cars and there is no overhead involved.

siamesedreamer said:
Man, I admit that I never tried to race them online. I saw that they were only available in the time trial section and I just assumed that they weren't available online. Plus I asked that very question on these boards and someone told me that you couldn't race them online. Stupid me for not trying it.

the cars / tracks are basically ONLY for online use... they just have a token time trial mode for offline use..

thorns

Banned
I think I'll buy it because I got the game for free and have played it for around 200 hours by now so I feel they deserve some of my money :)

jedimike

Just got an MSN alert saying it is now available. After talking a bit with op_ivy, I am going to buy it. At work now, but I'll fire it up tonight.

jedimike

DopeyFish said:
its not showing up for me

hmm.... this is what popped up on my alert

7/8/2004 5:56:10 PM GMT-UTC
New Xbox Live Content Download: Project Gotham Racing 2: Grab your sunglasses and cruise in style with the new Long Beach Booster Pack!

WarPig

The cars in this one seem like a pretty good deal -- the Ariel Atom is a really nice touch. And hey, you can't even buy the Ferrari 612 yet...

DFS.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
nice! its quite a bit better then the paris download... great cars, and some really cool tracks

the sti 22b rocks, but i coulda sworn we were getting the brand new limited Subaru Impreza WRX STi WR1.... oh well.

scribb1er

This one turned out a lot better than the first one. Almost all the cars this time feel new vs last time rehashes. Biggest surprise for me is the Ariel Atom with its character (don’t know if it's going to over steer, under steer, or flat out just loose control for no reason).
The only weak car in the group is the GT2 (that's only because the old GT2 controls better and feels faster). That's a big difference with not having a single memorable car (though, that's more because how the cars where grouped together).

I hated the Paris tracks when they first came out, and expected no difference this time around. Though, the Long Beach track brings in some new life to PGR2. No, it's not the best track in the game (not even in the top 3). This time though, it's not a distant last place like Paris. It has a lot of difficult turns (though they all can be seen miles always) and long sweeping straight always. Looks very good as well (though, not in the top 3 again) and doesn't feel like a rushed to finish track like a few others in the game..

"the sti 22b rocks, but I could of sworn we were getting the brand new limited Subaru Impreza WRX STi WR1.... oh well."

You should be thankful we didn't get the WR1. That car is barely faster than European STI (It was a 10th of a second faster on fifth gears race track). I would still take the US STI over it. Though, the best STI is still the Japanese STI type RA spec C. For the game, the 22b feels the most original (would fit in the best), even if it's not the fastest version.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
the WR1 sounds quite a bit better from what i've read... upped the horsepower to 320 with more torque throughout as well... and the paint is real purdy :)

but i am very happy with the 22b, as its a totally different body the the other wrx in the game, and looks even better IMO

Top Bottom