• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Once Upon A Time S4 |OT| The Queen Never Bothered Me Anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tired of them introducing a new character every season. The original cast barely has any lines or anything to do at this point. Dark Swan looks great. I'm rewatching season 1 at the moment and there is so much character in this season that begins to go missing over the course of the show.

zeemumu

S4 is now on Netflix

Now I can obsess over how cool Evil Snow White is.

Once-Upon-a-Time-4x22-Operation-Mongoose-Evil-Queen-Snow-White-in-alternate-reality.jpg

sparkzero

Yup, got me hyped again!

- Glad the writers didn't forget about Zelena. She's best when she is evil
- Could it be, that Camelot and Storybrooke somehow get fused into one place? The whole cast is in the woods in one scene (even the dwarfs and Belle) and I saw a picture on the Once Instagram account where Charming was in his fairytale attire at Grannys

zeemumu

Hmmm, I'd have time now but I don't know if I have the skill.

I may have a potential title though: Once Upon A Time S5 |OT| The Black Swan

Finally catch up with this show. Glad to see it was enjoyable again after the Peter Pan arc, but god, this show begs for a bigger budget.

My biggest complain is the writers team, they are just terrible into developing the plot, and have no shame in backtracking or leaving huge plot holes just to fit the narrative. Some stuff was really pushing it.

In the first three seasons they portrayed that it was his quest for more power that got the best of him not just the darkness of the Dark one, heck they even gave the ultimate redemption arc when he sacrifices himself to protect those he loves... Just so 3 episodes later than can bring him back, kill his son to serve as a plot device to get him going bad again, and ultimately establishing that all the reason he was bad was just because of the dark one, which is clear just a retcon so they can make Emma go full bad next season.

I also hate how even now every single villain has to go back to rumple somehow. It was nice in the first seasons because it showed the huge lengths he went to get the curse to be cast, but by constantly adding new characters to the plot and making them go to storybrook makes him look rather incompetent. There have been at least a half dozen different ways characters have cross over both worlds and he spent centuries without managing to get one.

Not to mention this leaves to unnecessary plot that they are happy to forget it never happened. The bad girls trio teaming up in the past was terribly handed, served in no way to the main plot, and just left plotholes against previous lore and new ones. Or how they didn't even mentioned how Cruella got from the real world to the magic one.

Anyway, at least the show is really enjoyable again, looking forward to the next season!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom