• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One good thing about today!

Melon

Banned
We all have bad days, and it's very easy for the bad to blot out anything good that has happened. It's important to remember the good times too! So why not list something good that happened to you today? I'll start.

We've been dealing with a lot of snow storms lately that have been keeping everyone cooped up. Well, we got a break today from all the cold and snow, and I was actually able to go out and do stuff today. I am now caught up on all my errands and even had time to get some nice lunch with friends!

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
The fact im in this thread is good because it means it is interesting.

Other than that, good things this week were not having overtime despite it being announced. Yay.

Nymphae

Banned
Today was my last day of work before my vacation, won't be going back to work until January 2nd. Also my weed arrived in the mail today :messenger_sunglasses:

Pejo

I came up with a drink that's 98% hot tea + fresh lemon juice squeezed into it, no sweetener. I call it a Nard Palmer since it's mostly just one of those Arnold Palmer drinks without the sugar.

KRAai

i broke something like this at work so there is that :messenger_dizzy:

wp-1550-nieuw-800x600.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I imagine the responses here, since it's Friday where I'm at, would be a heck of a lot different than if this thread were posted on a Monday. :)

I finished a huge project at work today so I'm feeling good about that. Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow, but I've also got another big thing I've been working on for the past few weeks that'll be finished in the next few days and I'm really excited about it.

KRAai

Today was my last day of work before my vacation, won't be going back to work until January 2nd. Also my weed arrived in the mail today :messenger_sunglasses:

bleh i need to work one more week but then i am going back to work maybe 7th january maybe later depends on the weather
also i still have some weed thanks for reminder :messenger_dizzy:

TFGB

I stayed in my jim jams all day.

*apart from when I was in the shower

Last edited:

Easy day at work. Only seven hours to go! I hope nothing goes wrong...

Also only six more work days until my holiday vacation. :messenger_horns:

John Day

Well... finished my antibiotics, feel like i’m finally out of this damn flu.

2 weeks of no drinks. Will i be able to hold till the 24th? 🤣

Kadayi

Banned
Made it to the weekend without choking out any of my work colleagues and stuffing their bodies in the recycling bin, so that's a positive for them (maybe I've been playing too much Hitman?...:unsure:). But still today, for reasons not entirely fathomable to me given the Christmas meal is tomorrow, we got off work early, which meant I was able to get that ever important pre-Christmas Haircut in and avoid the inevitable Saturday Barbershop madness.

Melon

Banned
I went to a huge Christmas party today, and I HATE big groups of people.....but I actually had so much fun at this one. I even got a giant geode as a present :D

Chittagong

Gold Member
I had a Christmas lunch and then hit the gym.

In the evening I ordered a bottle of brunello and watched two episodes of You Me Her in a restaurant while having tiger prawn pasta.

Then I came back up to my hotel room to have a beer and play Super Smash Bros and post two GAF threads.

Today has been a good day.

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
Speaking about yesterday.

I work at a medical school, and we had our first holiday party since I joined the team. Got to get all homie and stuff with this one resident. Granted, we have had conversations (sober, of course) at the workplace but given all the research, business meetings, and care-taking that occurs on the regular, they are never substantial. I every now and then get to throw some Zhongwen in there, but it's never anything that tests my ability, since technical fluency is basically impossible lol.

Anyway, at the party, that changed; I got to meet his misses (who is awesome as well) and he told me a lot about his crazy story about coming from (香港) Hong Kong late in his teens and dealing with buttloads of prejudice and such. It was a delightful time mostly because

1) I'm always around people from Mainland China, and very seldom meet Taiwanese and Hong Kongers as there aren't as many here... so being able to speak Chinese with other Traditional Chinese learners was new for me.

2) I was wasted as heaven and still able to provide fluent sentence structure which made me feel good about where I am, given the lack of interpersonal practice I get haha.

Not really anything to holler about, but it was a good day because language is a big thing for me. Chinese is my fourth, and every day I study hard to get better, so that coupled with getting close to a swell mate have an overwhelming compound effect. Also Hong Kongers truly are awesome people as some say; I like them so much haha.

Solis

Neophyte
Got to play videogames and watch movies with my favourite person.

All in all a pretty swell Sunday, if I do say so myself! :nougat_gfwse:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I played a new-to-me boardgame today, Fields of Arle.

2p only. I generally like Uwe's designs and this one is probably one of his best (hard to say after just one game). Less emphasis on surviving and more emphasis on converting goods and building up your farm. The whole match from start to finish was only about an hour which is fast for a game like this. To be fair, we set up the board beforehand which did save on some time.

That was a good thing from today.

I laid in bed playing games all day. Took a nap. Woke up. Ate. Played more games. Im still in the same spot as I was this morning.

Played a lot of Dead Cells this morning, finished Vanquish, started Monster Hunter World.

Overall good day of just chilling.

Last edited:

TFGB

Been down to M&S first thing and stocked the fridge/freezer up again. Time to chill for the rest of the day.

Solis

Neophyte
First day of my time off of work has finally commenced! Gonna spend the day lazying away in bed, before I get ready for my work's Christmas party at 6 tonight :goog_giggle:

Top Bottom