• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ONE MORE DEMON DOWN Gah Hah Hah Hah - Your favorite NPC "companions"

Dahaka

What are yours out of all games you ever played? Which NPC companion made you actually care and enrich the game world?

For me it is "Biorr of the Twin Fangs" from Demon's Souls far above all others. In a dark, gloomy and depressing world he was (also above the lovely souls inside the Nexus like Thomas) the one that gave a glimpse of life, hope and battle moral.

I also liked Alyx from Hl2. Somehow I care about the NPCs in Dragon's Dogma (which I started a week ago) even though they are so easy to replace.

scrn_093.jpg

Cheeky

solaire-of-astora-large.jpg

If only i could be so grossly incandescent.

Siegmeyer to, even though they break down eventually. You feel relieved when you find them, like you are not alone or something.

DaS2 has Vengarl, which doesn't appear everywhere but he is fun to talk to. And considering where he is, its quite a relief.

Bessy67

A lot of Bioware characters for me. Minsc and Boo, Bastilla, Jolee Bindo, Kreia (I know, not Bioware, but I was thinking of KoTOR), Tali, Wrex, Mordin, Shale and Varric being some of my favorites.

What are yours out of all games you ever played? Which NPC companion made you actually care and enrich the game world?

For me it is "Biorr of the Twin Fangs" from Demon's Souls far above all others. In a dark, gloomy and depressing world he was (also above the lovely souls inside the Nexus like Thomas) the one that gave a glimpse of life, hope and battle moral.

I also liked Alyx from Hl2. Somehow I care about the NPCs in Dragon's Dogma (which I started a week ago) even though they are so easy to replace.

I also loved the pawns from Dragon's Dogma. I think it's got something to do with the way your main pawn grows as the game goes on that got me. It was cool seeing it get "smarter".

Can't actually think of any companions I noticeably liked more actually. I remember liking the girl in PoP Sands of Time but I'm not sure I would say she's my favorite.

Also, Sunbro obviously :p

DryvBy

Barney from Half-Life.

Nothing better than "Got another one!" when you just killed a flood of enemies and he missed 4 of his 4 shots.

Tizoc

Dogi from the Ys series is a bro, I also like Aisha from Ys Seven
100714183715resized_34749_134685813232241_120850374615785_221820_170377_n.jpg

Aisha.(Ys.Seven).full.915118.jpg

That's it off the top of my head....
Oh and there's also Farida Malik:
deus-ex-human-revolution_concept_art_farida_malik_chopper.jpg

tensuke

"By all that is holy! Do you see that enemy over there?"
"What a monstrous creature!"
"That was a worthy foe. Glorious!"
"Could we find more like that?"

anthym

Neo Member
"By all that is holy! Do you see that enemy over there?"
"What a monstrous creature!"
"That was a worthy foe. Glorious!"
"Could we find more like that?"

Came to post this. The Templar from diablo 3. "The will of the Templar is stronger!"

Shaanyboi

Banned
The Mass Effect trilogy party members (plus Joker)
Dragon Age: Origins party members
Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite
Ellie from TLoU

It was already mentioned a couple of times but still... Garrus for sure. I also enjoyed Reyn but it was already mentioned as well.

Agreed on both. But god I hope they aren't official figures.

Why is Brock Lesnar wearing Alistair's armor?

Haha, I got the image from this DA member: http://blackmottledhamster.deviantart.com/art/Alistair-and-Garrus-Action-Figures-334709962 Taken from the description:
The Garrus figure is from Big Fish Toys, I repainted the head and a bit of the armour.

Alistair is a repaint of Loghain from DC Unlimited, and the head is from the John Crichton (farscape) figure from Toy Vault. I sculpted the hair.

Flayer

C3TX1Cjl.jpg

The demon Uzume from SMT:Nocturne. Her speciality is healing. I kept her in my party into the level 40s, which is kinda insane considering she is a lower level demon. Buffed her up at every opportunity. She was the core to getting me through that amazing game.

SJRB

Gold Member
Wb82i6F.png

Old Salty Crab in Sleeping Dogs. Hilarious guy, the burglary mission with him is amazing.

peace

Neo Member
I find it very important to try and keep as many soldiers alive as possible on Legendary in the Halo games.

Mozendo

Dragon Age: Morrigan
Dragon Quest V: Deborah
Fallout New Vegas: Raul
KotOR 2: Visa Marr
Mass Effect: Garrus
Torchlight 2: Deer - I would go on a rampage when it'd retreat ;-;

Top Bottom