• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One person creates Zelda 1 in 3D perspective

SJRB

Gold Member
Man this is super cool. What an achievement.

Too bad he can't put this online or Nintendo would slap him so hard his entire lineage would be erased from history.

Edit: what the FUCK at yelling "gone" to make those enemies disappear. Was that a real thing? That's crazy if true.

Last edited:

nkarafo

I really love this voxel style 3D. It fits so well in turning older games/sprites into 3D. There are some mods that replace various decorative sprites of old games like Duke Nukem 3D and Blood with voxels and they look great, much more authentic than regular 3D models as they keep the pixelated look:

beka_porownanie_GIF1_opt%202.gif
tumblr_prnpgleodC1xu67nwo1_540.gifv
tumblr_pridmdxQdS1xu67nwo1_540.gifv

Trilobit

I really love this voxel style 3D. It fits so well in turning older games/sprites into 3D. There are some mods that replace various decorative sprites of old games like Duke Nukem 3D and Blood with voxels and they look great, much more authentic than regular 3D models as they keep the pixelated look:

beka_porownanie_GIF1_opt%202.gif
tumblr_prnpgleodC1xu67nwo1_540.gifv
tumblr_pridmdxQdS1xu67nwo1_540.gifv

I love that style. I have weird nostalgic feelings about it.

Man this is super cool. What an achievement.

Too bad he can't put this online or Nintendo would slap him so hard his entire lineage would be erased from history.

Edit: what the FUCK at yelling "gone" to make those enemies disappear. Was that a real thing? That's crazy if true.
Yeah but it was only a thing for the famicom version. The second controller had a microphone built into it. Funny thing is that the English instruction manual hinted at this feature but it was never implemented

FStubbs

Yeah but it was only a thing for the famicom version. The second controller had a microphone built into it. Funny thing is that the English instruction manual hinted at this feature but it was never implemented
It was funny because kids outside of Japan figured it meant "use the bow and arrow, it makes a noise".

Top Bottom